LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Guest Guest

I'm a long time user of your drivers but first time poster here. Just wanted to say thanks alot for taking time to make these drivers. These have always squeezed the most performance outa my cards. Keep up the good work Dox :)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Carlos_rpg

• chomi_24

I'm new here after a friend of mine recommended this site to me.

I have a few questions and figured this might be the topic to ask regarding the latest drivers.

1. Does anyone else here have a laptop similar to mine; HP Pavilion dv6636nr? If yes, how good are these drivers on it?

2. Continuing with with number 1, anyone "upgraded" from previous drivers, whether official or modded? If yes, any problems (minor or major)?

3. Anyone played 'Left 4 Dead' with these? If yes, how does the game perform?

I don't do much gaming, but was considering trying these modded drivers to see if it improves Left 4 Dead at all... although I agree with and am aware about what was said about things hitting their limits.

If there's other topics I should read that can help me with my questions, I'm willing to read them if pointed in the right direction (I see there's a ton of stuff here on this board).

:)

Edited by Zoey Trunten

Nautis1100,thank you!You for giving me the URL can be downloaded!i am a chinese!i am not good at english!can you understand what i mean?

Edited by BadBoy_loki

can not install PhysX_9.09.0203_SystemSoftware on my Windows 7 64bit ........

when i click to start installation the window appear but NEXT button not activated!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks so much for these. i'm currently on 182.05, which works superbly for me, but i'll give these a go.

dox, i know you owe us nothing and in fact us users are the ones who owe you but please please PLEASE consider making one final XP32 dox driver based on the next WHQL driver that comes out.

thanks!

185.81 are released, dox version plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :P :unsure: :w00t: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :P

Jeah, pls dox...a 185.81 mobile DOX would be great.

it seems the 185.81 mobile has good performance:

3d marks 06 with dox 185.68 --> 6887

3d marks 06 with 185.81 mobile --> 6898

3d marks 06 with DOX 185.81 mobile --> 10000 :) :P

css with dox 185.68 --> 216fps

css with 185.81 mobile --> 208fps

using vista ultimate 32bit on 9700GTm

Goto the NVIDIA SITE...go see ... there is new drivers

Pedro

Can`t install Dox driver 185.68, it not found my 8800M GTX SLI in my XPS 1730??

Hey there,

The driver works great. The only thing my research did not find an answer to is if your drivers allow for overclocking and with what software.

Cyberlegionary

I Had Control Panel Installed and Phys as well, just installed Dox and worX Great! Thx very much, everything runs smoother, keeep the nice work man!

NemesisHunter

Driver works great on my LG P300, DOCX. Thanks for all the time you spend tweaking and optimizing these drivers.

I was just wondering, starting from the DOCX Firmware 181.22 or 182.05, my previously unoverclockable mobile GPU suddenly found the ability to overclock, despite having a BIOS-lock on the actual clocks.

What exactly did you do? As you know, many of us couldn't overclock our GPUs due to system BIOS locks on our clocks, the only overclockable drivers were the 169.04 drivers from Nvidia (with rare cases of overclocking possibilities in future drivers).

What is this software for? I'm a noobie. How do you install it?

Driver works great on my LG P300, DOCX. Thanks for all the time you spend tweaking and optimizing these drivers.

I was just wondering, starting from the DOCX Firmware 181.22 or 182.05, my previously unoverclockable mobile GPU suddenly found the ability to overclock, despite having a BIOS-lock on the actual clocks.

What exactly did you do? As you know, many of us couldn't overclock our GPUs due to system BIOS locks on our clocks, the only overclockable drivers were the 169.04 drivers from Nvidia (with rare cases of overclocking possibilities in future drivers).

hey dox, maybe you're able to enable oc for all locked card...would be great :)

Dox,

long time lurker and user of your tweaked drivers.

I was wondering (and will totally understand if you don't want to answer) would you mind sharing what it is you do to the drivers to make them so awesome? I wasn't sure if you have made a note of your methodology (sic?) as to how and what you do. In fact, if you don't want to answer this directly, is there a resource that you can recommend that will explain what the configuration files of nvidia drivers do - what the entries themselves are and how they work?

thanks for all your work - look forward to your future updates.

Edited by josmol

alot of hard work and early hours.

and I'm still not perfected it (im never happy with what i release and try to improve it)

Cyberlegionary
NVIDIA Released 185.85 today for Laptop, GEFORCE 8M SERIES

Version: 185.85

Release Date: May 07, 2009

Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit

Language: U.S English

File Size: 135 MB

LINK:( http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/185...._64bit_whql.exe )

:)

Man, could you do a DOX version of this one? :) Thx man! Nice work!

BlackMachine

hy dox, i use your latest dox's driver, its make my laptop run faster while playing game, but i had some problem here

im dinata, i use Acer 4530 notebook with 4GB RAM, Nvidia 9100MG w/ 185.68 dox optimesed and AMD Turion x2 2.0 ghz.

i have problem with my gpu.

after installing driver 185.68 my gpu, 9100mg, using FPCI bus, otherwise my friends laptop with same models, Nvidia 9100MG on that laptop using PCIe bus, so my laptop should be PCIe bus too, and it affect slowdown gpu performance.

note : i had some driver version, but i cannot fix it.

can you tell me why and give me solution dox.......?

regrads,

Guest Guest

can't stress enough the importance of DOX's drivers...

just wanted to let him know that he has a lot of fans and PLEASE Dox, don't ever stop optimizing them :)

great job

So no new releases, Dox, thanks mate, i wonder if someone can answer a question? When i first boot up my laptop the fan turns on and off every second or so, woosh 1 sec, silence 1 secon, woosh 1 second silence 1 second.

Is this normal when alaptop boots up?

yeah, dont worry its based a desktop driver, strange things can happen =/