LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dox 185.68

Dox

First of all sry dox that i havent testet ur drivers as beta tester but i had few problems to solve on my university. now im full able to try again if u will let me do it. and now ill present u the 3d mark 06 results of 3 last drivers i used. ill try to add fps test also. the test i did was at no-oc, fully stable oc, and unstable oc but still able to use in some games.

explenation:

explanationg.jpg

what pc i use u can see under my nick on the left.

i use nForce 15.26 whql and PhysX 9.04.08 (9.09.0408) and theese gpu drivers:

testrsa.jpg

i don't know why my cpu performance dropped. i've got pc on AC cable, cpu on performace mode, and cpu power saving disabled in bios, just the same with all theese 3 drivers. any ideas why performance dropped nealry by 100 pts?

a few words bout performance in games. 185.66 i much more efficient in games than 185.50 despite of worse 3D Mark Scores. Sometimes even about 10-15 fps increasment. im gonna test the 185.68 DOX Optimised in a moment and post the results.

btw any way to make a table in here? i would make 3x3 table so the post wouldnt be so long but html table dont work in here... ;p im noob ;p any ideas how to do a table in here?

edit: i deleted the text and added a table made quicky so its poor quality but it takes less space and its more ''user friendly'' ;D ;P

Edited by marchewa

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• TheVisitorX

• Lycidias

• dr0w

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest

I have problems with the game worms 4 it start and I can play it without problems but there's kinda flickering. Didn't had this with the last driver (I think it was a 182 driver, but don't know for sure)

as i said i add game performace tests.

all measured with fraps benchmark.

Assasins Creed dx10 maxed out with multisampling and etc. Min 17 Max 37 Avg 26.359

Assasins Creed dx9 maxed out with multisampling and etc. Min 0 Max 74 Avg 34.130

Burnout Paradise maxed out WITH SSAO (Super Sampling) Min 11 Max 17 Avg 14.044

Burnout Paradise maxed out WITHOUT SSAO (Super Sampling) Min 25 Max 61 Avg 49.289

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare maxed out with anistropic filtering and full AA Min 12 Max 125 Avg 44.354

Call of Duty 5: World at War maxed out with anistropic filtering and full AA Min 16 Mx 74 Avg 37.809

Far Cry 2 dx10 maxed out with full AA Supersampling post effects etc. Min 0 Max 52 Avg 17.638

Far Cry 2 dx9 all set to very high no aa Min 15 Max 60 Avg 36.845

Race Driver GRID maxed out with 16x qxaa Min 15 Max 30 Avg 27.117

all games ive checked i played with native resolution 1280x800 refresh rate 61Hz.

Not many games ive checked but... dont have much time now. Every game ive checked i played for bout 15-30 min. Just Far Cry 2 dx10 maxed out and Burnout Paradise with SSAO for 5 min coz it was realy unplayable.

Edited by marchewa

dox thanks for this drivers ... this really rocks ... i am able to play assassins creed maxed out with ambient occlusion on ... i am playing this on my nvidia 8600 GT in windows 7 beta ...thanks for this driver .. from now on i will download only ur drivers .... you rock man ...

Guest coldone

Good "benchmarking" driver, highest score in 3DMark06-8450 (on my GF 8800M GTS).

But image quality and performance in games (specially GTA IV) little below XTreme-G 181.22

Guest Hugo Agostinho
@Dox

good news: I got FIFA working and the best thing about it is it's much more easier than we thought. It seems that EA doesn't like you an all the modders out there ^^. And I think this glitch was more like a "designed glitch" from EA. So you ask how you can fix this glitch? It's easy...

Just remove your signature from devices like in my case:

NVIDIA.DEV_042E.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9300M G [Dox Optimised 185.68]" -> causes glitch

to

NVIDIA.DEV_042E.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9300M G" -> works

Hi! I have the same issue with FIFA, how can I remove the signature from devices?

Thanks for the help.

With this driver I had a blue screen in the first game i tried after installing the driver (normal installation, everything done properly), after restarting the laptop I tried the same game twice and had no problems again......so I'm sticking with the driver!

Great work Dox !

Guest Schecter

Dox, just thought you deserved a huge "thank you" for all your insanely amazing drivers!

How else could I play Dirt and Grid with high settings on my laptop? You have my infinite gratitude =D

All is working great now. But in every Driver i tried before (and in this) i can't adjust the brightness on my Laptop. On the original driver i adjusted it with the blue Fn Keys, but now i can't anymore. Can you pls fix it?

Thank you!

Hello everyone, has anyone tested these with the gateway p7805u laptop? I tried putting these on mine and my screen started having weird effects... and is this compatible with nhancer? pls let me know

Guest Guest

DOX, do you know how can I change the name on the graphics controller? So I can try and see if it fixes the FIFA problem.......I also had some more bsod while playing flight simulator x, it seems this driver is less stable, but the speed is good. Thanks for any help.

cool, Exile1975, thanks ill go try that out. I just installed 185.66 and Crysis runs way smoother, so does GTA IV but not as much improvement. Still both games are very playable now at 30+ framerates @ 1920x1200 high settings.

Edited by Andros

Guest Floflo

I have had a few problems (not really important but for me it's prohibitive) with this driver, so I reverted back to your 182.46 version.

• Trackmania United Forever gives me a BSOD (I know it's the driver because it tells me the problem has something to do with nv4_disp.dll) when I Alt+Tab to the desktop or when I exit the game.
  • I use CoreAVC 1.8.5 to decode h264 video. This decoder uses CUDA acceleration. It works fine when I play a video, but it sometimes crashes explorer.exe when I explore a folder containing h264 videos (in mkv, so thumbnails are generated by haali's software using the installed decoders). I didn't ever had any problem with 182.46.

Guest Floflo

Oops forgot to give my specs...

Acer Aspire 5920G

Intel C2D 1,66 GHz

3 GB DDR2

Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB

Windows XP SP3

Well I saw somewhere above that you said that these were beta drivers so that must be the reason for my problems...

Hi Dox! Nice Job with this driver it's the best driver that I've used until now!

I just got a commet about it! maybe a bug or something... I have a DV7t Notebook with a 9600m GT 512 mb Vcard and when I plug it into my HDTV thru an HDMI Cable, Nvidia Control Panel tells me that it's connected via DVI cable when it's not... and because of that I cannot hear anything... Audio is not beeing sent by the HDMI cable or something, I had to go back to 179.32 from HP... which recognize my HDMI cable and send the audio properly... I also tried to change the type of cable inside Nvidia Panel but I had only that Option DVI CAble...

Hope this Info helps to get this driver even better!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

hi dox, this is the first time im trying out a driver mod, so i think i'm doing something wrong:

i uninstalled my previous driver,restarted my pc,and then installed this one. the installation progress bar was seemingly completed quickly, then when i rebooted my machine nothing happened,it's as if i didn't try to install this driver at all.

my specs:

AMD Turion X2 64 Ultra

NVIDIA geforce 9100m G (1280x800), 256mb

Windows XP Pro SP3

i hope you can help me. thank you!

Edited by AdriX_Zeo