LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New ASUS trouble

xxxleafybugxxx

So I got my ASUS g50vt-x6 3 days ago, and im already having trouble. Sometimes when I'm playing battlefield, it will exit me out with a message saying "battlefield.exe has stopped working". Its frustrating becuase my pc is new and its causing alot of trouble. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Lurker

I'm assuming it's BF2 you are playing... Are you running the latest patch? Also any game mods? Have you tried different video drivers? Are you running as admin in compatability for XPsp2? You'll need to give a little more info in order to get help.

Ive tried running as admin, ive downloaded the driver. Also downloaded latest patches. I looked up the error message and saw i wasnt the only one with the problem. Also, everyone else who had the problem has vista... What a coincidence

BF2 is a buggy game tbf. Loads of people have had trouble even installing it. I think waiting for a fix is your only option.

I run it on both of my laptops, one Vista/32 sli, the other Vista/64... with no troubles. I have had problems with it in the past with other computers though, crashing to the desktop..etc... The best way to get it to run is in XP sp2 compatability mode and update all drivers on your laptop to the latest(sound, video, chipset, etc). Try modded inf's if you have to. This game is also finnicky with the order in which the mods/patches are installed. If you install from the latest "collection" dvd, you'll see what I mean. Also doesn't hurt to reinstall DX9C again. I also mod the target command line in the desktop shortcut like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 800 to run widescreen (just change the res #'s to what you want)(says X86 because I have 64bit). If you still have trouble remember, EA no longer supports that game, so you're on your own, just keep googling until you find something that will work.

Edited by OV10stang

I downloaded a driver from nvidea, then i was told it s better to get the drivers from the manufactureer. but idk.. the thing is that im not a big computer guy so when people tell me to get patches, im ok with that but its the drivers and mods and tweaks that are confusing....... Why doesnt ea support this game? Also, should counter strike source run ok with 64: vista home premium?

1st off, which Battlefield game is it? I'll try to help, but you need to give me something to go on.....

bf 1942. My brother said he changed it so it now runs on xp, but idk.. i wanna buy other battlefield games, but i dont want to spend money in order to have more troubles with it. BTW, bf vietnam seems to work ok

Try the BF2 Collection, it's cheap now. Also Call of Duty 4 is good. 1942 and Vietnam are old and never worked very well even back when they were new. Here's a site that will help with these games: http://www.tweakguides.com/

ya i got the collectors... so anyways, you think bf 2 and cs:s will work better on vista?