LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics 185.68 - BETA

Dox

Alot of work has gone in the backgrounds the last couple of months to get hybrid drivers in some functional shape.

Massive work has been done by Nautis, special thanks to him.

They are exactly the same as my 185.68 bar a few different files and settings

All mobile cards from 6-GT200 series suppported.

if you havent got a hybrid laptop then don bother with these.

This is in beta stage and feedback is encouraged.

Instructions

Do not uninstall the intel drivers or nvidia drivers, just update to these on top

Download

BETA_Vistax86

BETA_Vistax64

If all goes well I will add Hybrid option on my next release with the package.

Other versiosn are being worked on such as the all in one package, intel + nvidia drivers.

Just wondering can this driver enable Hybrid boost on late 2008 MacBookPros (with 9600m GT and 9400m GS) running on winXP32?

BTW Dox, thanks for all of your time and effort put into making all of these drivers!! YOU ROCK!!!

Guest guestR
All mobile cards from 6-GT200 series suppported.

if you havent got a hybrid laptop then don bother with these.

By "hybrid laptop" you mean laptop with 2 gpu's, right ?

So this drivers are only for hybrid ?

I have 9700M GTS - no go ?

btw,

I'm kinda confused with all those 18x drivers ... I tried 181.xx and fan speed went berserk.

So im back on 179.48 now ...

Guest submarine

God bless you...DOX and Nautis !!!!

Finally working drivers for Benq S42, now i can play Gears of War with everything on HIGH w/Dx10 !!!

This is so awesome!

:w00t: :unsure: :) :) :P :unsure:

It should work to upgrade Hybrid Graphics notebooks:

- Sony VAIO Z (Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS & Intel GMA 4500MHD)

- Fujitsu Siemens Amilo XI 3650 (Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT & Intel GMA 4500MHD)

- BenQ Joybook S42 (Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT & Intel GMA 4500MHD)

The Hybrid Graphics notebooks are unique because the standard drivers released will not work with them, or at least not without a lot of modification. You have most likely seen a couple of these packages released before, with the most recent being 185.26 which was a Hybrid Graphics driver. In most cases you can tell a Hybrid Graphics driver because it includes both Nvidia and Intel drivers in a single package. The 185 series of drivers is the first to work with Hybrid Graphics laptops, again with a lot of modification. Dox and I have added support to these drivers so Hybrid Graphics users no longer need to be left in the dark and can at least upgrade the Nvidia portion of their drivers.

One thing to reiterate for Hybrid Graphics users is that manual switching between Intel and Nvidia using the hardware switch, like the speed/stamina switch on the Vaio Z, does not work with this update.

I also recommend NOT uninstalling any drivers first and just using this package as an upgrade for Hybrid Graphics notebooks. Just run setup.exe or use the recommended upgrade procedure.

Recommended upgrade procedure: Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> NVIDIA Geforce... -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list... -> Have Disk... -> Location you extracted these drivers

I have had one report of someone needing to enable the "NVIDIA Geforce..." driver after it was installed (in device manager) in order for it to work. That was with a different test package I put together though. Just putting this info out there for users to check if they have a problem after installing this driver.

Edited by Nautis1100

Guest Jello

Hey dox, you really are awesome. Going to try this driver out tomorrow when i get home :) I am now using the driver that shouldn't work on hybrid laptops BEFORE the latest driver, so what do you recommend doing ? Use driver sweeper and completely remove it, or just install this driver over the one i am using now ? I think i know the answer, but you can't ever be to sure right ? ^^ Again, youre great ! Much appreciated !

I'll upload vista x64 tommorow if my net is ok.

Guest Aristant

Hello guys.

I have got x305-706 Toshiba laptop (9400m + 2x9800m GTS)+ Vista x64. I wonder: does this drivers will work for my config or this drivers are only for Intel IGP (I mean Vista x64 edition)? And guys, thank you for doing this, because it is was really sad to buy such a laptop as a Qosmio and stay with Toshiba driver that is even do not support PhysX. Other drivers not stable for our config and showing bad behavior in games.

vista x64 version uploaded

also made correction on how to install the driver on first post.

This driver is primarily for use with the laptops I listed above:

- Sony VAIO Z (Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS & Intel GMA 4500MHD)

- Fujitsu Siemens Amilo XI 3650 (Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT & Intel GMA 4500MHD)

- BenQ Joybook S42 (Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT & Intel GMA 4500MHD)

The nvbridge.kmd file in it is specific to laptops with Intel & Nvidia GPUS in Hybrid SLI configuration.

I will look into other hybrid notebooks like the toshiba. If any of you hybrid laptop users can not get standard nvidia drivers to work, please send me a PM with the manufacturer and model of your laptop. A link to the latest working drivers on your laptop would be great too, if you have it, and we will see what we can do.

Guest Aaron

Thanks Dox.

One thing to note - for those with Hybrid nVidia (nVidia discrete and integrated), the standard Dox install should work fine (at least it has for me on my 9200m GS + 9400m G). Maybe you should state that the separate hybrid install is for Intel + nVidia hybrid machines.

Just a thought

thanks aaron, I will make correction in my installer about "Hybrid laptops are not supported" in the next release.

TBH i was confused as well so many variables.

One thing to reiterate for Hybrid Graphics users is that manual switching between Intel and Nvidia using the hardware switch, like the speed/stamina switch on the Vaio Z, does not work with this update.

Will this be fixed in the final release?

Your "old" hybrid drivers support this feature.

TDO

Will this be fixed in the final release?

Your "old" hybrid drivers support this feature.

TDO

Hi, TDO

I am trying to get the hardware switching functionality working again. It is the only thing really missing from 185.68 being fantastic for us. It is missing due to some changes nvidia has made in the drivers. The GPUs can still be switched using the taskbar icon, so the functionality is not gone just the hardware trigger. If I can get it working again it will be enabled.

Guest tsunami2265

dox, this is still not installing on 9500M GS!! :) Why the hell doesnt any driver install on my card?? am i so unlucky??!

dude, i first tried installing by the clean method. it didnt install so i tried have disk method. It showed only 9200MGS as compatible driver, i installed that and then restarted and now it gives error that driver is either corrupted or some file is missing :)

now im a noob in inserting codes in the inf file :P

Guest Guest

I'm running Windows7 build 7057 with the BenQ s42.

During installation of the drivers I keep on getting bunches of runtime error from rundll32 and others. I've tried running as Admin right and everything.

I hope that we can get something like this working for the new macbook pro (9600m gt + 9400m)... Is this possible Dox?

The GPUs can still be switched using the taskbar icon, so the functionality is not gone just the hardware trigger. If I can get it working again it will be enabled

Ah that are great news.

I'll give the drivers a try.

I hope that we can get something like this working for the new macbook pro (9600m gt + 9400m)... Is this possible Dox?

They are using the same driver. So why would you want the possibility to switch drivers?!

TDO

Guest slime

For MBPs, only the 9600m is recognized in any version of windows with any driver version, which sucks. Turan is wondering if it's possible for drivers to recognize both cards.

That drivers produce enormous artifacts on my 9650m GT card on all resolutionns.

182.xx drivers are the best for today

Guest DragonSilver

im using benq s42,

btw, im just realize with this new driver, battery life during power saver mode has been shorted. i can reach 2+ hour only. normally with old driver from benq i can reach 4+ hour..

power saver different between old and new driver.

old benq driver

nvidia card has been disable, (GPUZ/device manager can't detect nvidia card)

this new driver,

nvidia card still active, (GPUZ/device manager still can detect nvidia card)

but in gpuz, nvidia GPU-Clock has been under clock to zero.

hope for next release can disable nvidia card. anyway thanks for release new driver for hybrid card. :)

For MBPs, only the 9600m is recognized in any version of windows with any driver version, which sucks. Turan is wondering if it's possible for drivers to recognize both cards.

Exactly. I think it is the nVidia chipset driver that doesn't allow us to see the 9400m on windows, im not sure but that is my guess. Is it true :) ?

im using benq s42,

btw, im just realize with this new driver, battery life during power saver mode has been shorted. i can reach 2+ hour only. normally with old driver from benq i can reach 4+ hour..

power saver different between old and new driver.

old benq driver

nvidia card has been disable, (GPUZ/device manager can't detect nvidia card)

this new driver,

nvidia card still active, (GPUZ/device manager still can detect nvidia card)

but in gpuz, nvidia GPU-Clock has been under clock to zero.

hope for next release can disable nvidia card. anyway thanks for release new driver for hybrid card. :)

That is interesting... has anyone else seen drastically shortened battery life with these drivers on a Hybrid Graphics notebook? It sounds like the driver is not utilizing Hybrid Power properly and is keeping both cards active all the time. I will look into this.

--

No clue on the Macbooks, I wouldn't think they would be too different than a standard PC SLI laptop though.