LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics 185.68 - BETA

Dox

Guest submarine
That is interesting... has anyone else seen drastically shortened battery life with these drivers on a Hybrid Graphics notebook? It sounds like the driver is not utilizing Hybrid Power properly and is keeping both cards active all the time. I will look into this.

--

No clue on the Macbooks, I wouldn't think they would be too different than a standard PC SLI laptop though.

i'm using s42 and i can confirm it shorten my battery life

hey guys ...somebody please put some light on this Hybrid graphics... can i use this using my intel GMA 950 and nvidia 8600 GT.... wat is the advantage of Hybrid graphics .. i have installed the 185.68 DoX drivers provided in another post ... and i have insalled the intel drivers of 950 ..when i boot my system with intel GMA 950 then i can see an option called Hybrid SLI graphics in control panel ...but when i boot with nvidia 8600 GT i don't see this option ... please help ... because i don't want my stupid intel GMA 950 to sit idle ...

The shortened battery life and hardware switching should hopefully be fixed in the next release. Also potentailly a full 64bit surprise for BenQ S42 users.

hey guys ...somebody please put some light on this Hybrid graphics... can i use this using my intel GMA 950 and nvidia 8600 GT.... wat is the advantage of Hybrid graphics .. i have installed the 185.68 DoX drivers provided in another post ... and i have insalled the intel drivers of 950 ..when i boot my system with intel GMA 950 then i can see an option called Hybrid SLI graphics in control panel ...but when i boot with nvidia 8600 GT i don't see this option ... please help ... because i don't want my stupid intel GMA 950 to sit idle ...

What model and brand is your laptop?

Hybrid Graphics is a variant of Hybrid SLI specifically focused on Hybrid Power. Or from NVIDIAs press release:

All GeForce 9M Series GPUs support the hybrid graphics feature, but the notebook must be designed to support the technology. The hybrid graphics feature is currently available in the following new notebook models:

* Sony VAIO Z series ultra-light laptops with GeForce 9300M GS GPUs

* Fujitsu Siemens Amilo XI 3650 entertainment laptops with GeForce 9600M GT GPUs

* BenQ Joybook S42 ultra-light laptops with GeForce 9600M GT GPUs

To boost battery life, the hybrid graphics equipped notebooks allow users to select between the NVIDIA GeForce GPU and the integrated graphics in the Intel chipset. Users can choose between the lightning-fast 3D performance delivered by the NVIDIA GeForce GPU for visually intensive applications or improved stamina using the integrated Intel graphics. For applications like word processing and email, which don?t require performance graphics, battery life can last more than five hours on the Sony Z series. And, most importantly, the switch can be made without rebooting the machine.

Enabling the seamless dynamic switching between the different hardware architectures of the GeForce GPU and Intel Centrino 2 in laptops was a collaborative effort between NVIDIA, Intel and notebook makers. ?Engineering hybrid graphics was a significant effort between all involved, but the end result was worth it,? said Rene Haas, general manager of the notebook business at NVIDIA. ?Now consumers can experience a new breed of laptops that eliminates the compromise between battery life and visual computing performance.?

Guest Pinpin

Hello from france :)

I have a qosmio x300-14k (same as x305-q706 and q708) with hybrid sli 9400m + 2x9800 gts, and no driver available for it :unsure:

A 3000$ computer not able to play game... I tryed stock driver... 185.05... 185.06... 185.20... 185.66... everything freeze my computer when i'm playing game...

So, if you are able to help hybrid sli 9800gts+9400 owner, it would be great ! :)

Thanks for your work ^^

Sorry for my english :P

I also have a BenQ S42, when installing the drivers I got lots of errors, but after a restart everything seems to be working fine :)

I just tested on battery and i can only get about 2:30 max, but this is a great start, well done guys :) the first driver upgrade Ive seen that works on the S42

Hello from france :)

I have a qosmio x300-14k (same as x305-q706 and q708) with hybrid sli 9400m + 2x9800 gts, and no driver available for it :unsure:

A 3000$ computer not able to play game... I tryed stock driver... 185.05... 185.06... 185.20... 185.66... everything freeze my computer when i'm playing game...

So, if you are able to help hybrid sli 9800gts+9400 owner, it would be great ! :)

Thanks for your work ^^

Sorry for my english :P

I had the same problem but I fixed it already. I've got a Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q706 and the primary driver work unstable especially in playing games. I installed driver 181.20 with modded inf in this site and my lappy work pretty good. So, try to fix your problem as the way I did and see the result.

P/S : You can also use driver 182.05, it is stable and deserve trying. Good luck !

Edited by trungcartina

I have done the method you expressed above and drivers do not seem to install correctly.

I am vista ultimate 64...FYI

GOTIME, can you pls describe more detailed about your system? And which version is your primary graphic driver?

I am also using Vista x64 and I installed new drivers by "Have disk method" which is instructed in this site. You should remove your current driver, then re-install the primary one then update driver (version 181.20 or 182.05) using "Have disk method" . I believe you will succeed.

So, I am wondering if there is potential for these drivers to support Hybrid SLI on the nforce 760i SLI configuration that is currently being used in the HP Firebird 802 & 803? They use the same type of Hybrid SLI used on notebooks, and the Geforce 9800s is an MXM 3.0 card. This set up is on a Nvidia chipset, not an Intel. So that would be different. I know that this is a Beta, but if you are looking to expand compatibility I can give you information on my system and a link to the most recent driver (it's on the HP website, support & Drivers HP Firebird) they are using 181.30.

Funny thing is, when I use the driver update in N Control Panel it tells me that my 760i SLI can be upgraded to 182.50, but when I run install it tells me that there is no compatible hardware. I guess I could use the Have Disk method, but my system is very new and very stable so I am not willing to experiment with it just yet.

Thanks for taking on this project, it is great to see someone out here trying to give some support to the bleeding edge of Nvidia's tech. Thanks a million.

How hard would it be to make a hybrid driver package based on a Windows 7 (WDDM 1.1) Nvidia driver?

Guest Guest

I'm Using Benq S42 Too N I also found the same problem from my test even i switch to intel gpu the battery consume rate also equal with 9600mgt

please help to solve this problem Many Thai people in S42 Club Also wait for you to solve this problem

However thank alot, making this driver u give us hope......I feel like Nvidai leave us behind (do not release hybrid driver)

So please try to solve this Thank

Guest S42 User

Just want to tell little bit about the test from 3dmark 06 the previous 2 Benq oem driver have the score test of 1. 5640 2. 54xx but your driver get 5840 :) so it a lot better. U know what I brought this model since it came out about october 08 but until now 6 month later Nvidia Still not release driver..... I have to sit n see other single gpu got new better driver again n again nvidia only leave little note "S42 will support upcoming release" for 6month ............ So want to say thank again for your hardwork so please fix the only problem left "the battery problem " then it will be perfect... God Bless u N May the force be with u

Guest GOTIME
GOTIME, can you pls describe more detailed about your system? And which version is your primary graphic driver?

I am also using Vista x64 and I installed new drivers by "Have disk method" which is instructed in this site. You should remove your current driver, then re-install the primary one then update driver (version 181.20 or 182.05) using "Have disk method" . I believe you will succeed.

Hi trungcartina,

I have a X305-Q706, Windows Vista Ultimate X64. :)

Which is the best driver you have found that yields the best performance? If any? :)

TIA

hello guys ^_^

may i know if these driver work on Windows 7 too?

Many thanks ^^

Guest Guest S42 User

Well I had lost all hope in making the most on this laptop until I saw this thread.

I feel Nvidia have given up on us Hybrid users.

I was just about to download it until I saw the battery life drop. I would love to use it, but I use my laptop at uni alot, and can't afford to waste battery life :)

Just wanted to say, keep up the good work, and good luck including intel drivers and fixing the battery issue.

Guest Guest

Thanks for your gr8 job! that's what default nVidia drivers doesn't support!

I'm using MacBook Pro with 9600GT and 9400M GPUs and i use Windows 7 (Just for gaming) .

i need more GPU power.

it sometimes freezes under Unreal Tournament 3!

i use 185.85 driver right now.

if you can activate Hybrid SLI for MacBook Pros, I'll thanks you for all of my life!

Guest Riceball

Hi,

I've downloaded and ran the install for both the recommended path and setup.exe path and neither works. I'm currently running Win Vista Ultimate 64bit on Benq S42. The install is successful however after restarting, the device manager shows a code 39 error for the driver. Could anyone help me?