LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Nforce Drivers!

f3bandit

Did some digging on the Nvidia driver page, And some testing!!!

I have an ACER 5520-5716 laptop. Until now I had to used portions of the driver packages from acer's site,

And portions off this site. probably not the best idea for gaming conditions. but it was all I could manage till

now. So hopefully this will help alot of people with their chipset drivers. hopefully more than just acer owners!

Depending on where you search on the 5520 you get mixed info on the chipset. If I use cpu-z I see the chipset

reads as 7000M-610M. But I believe this is an error on this model as it does not use integrated graphics. If I

use Everest Ultimate it still reads the chipset as 7000M-610M, But also reads MCP67-MV. I believe this to be a

sub version for laptops using this chipset but with the integrated graphics disabled or never installed on the

motherboard at all. Either way all drivers installed perfectly and are stable. I haven't tested installing the drivers

using the setup itself. But I did test them threw the driver update button in the device manager panel for each

individual piece of hardware. Also these drivers are of course certified! I haven't tested the vista drivers yet,

But I will soon as my laptop is dual booted for XP Pro SP2, And Vista Ultimate SP1. Please help me keep this

section updated as chipset drivers aren't really getting the same attention as the video card drivers. Also

if anyone knows how to mod chipset drivers that would be awesome. but please test these. please add your

(System brand and model, North Bridge, South Bridge) in your post, So i can update supported systems! thx!!! :)

Driver package version 15.25

15.25_nforce_winxp32_international_whql.exe

Windows XP 32-bit Driver Versions:

* Ethernet Driver (v67.89) WHQL

* Network Management Tools (v67.96) "Sedona"

* SATAIDE Driver (v10.3.0.46) WHQL

* SATARAID Driver (v10.3.0.46) WHQL

* RAIDTOOL Application (v10.3.0.46)

* SMU Driver (v1.61) WHQL

* SMBus Driver (v4.69) WHQL

* Away Mode Driver (v6.0.6000.107) WHQL

* Installer (v6.69)

Known working chipsets (Per Nvidia site)

nForce 790i Ultra SLI

nForce 790i SLI

nForce 780i SLI

nForce 750i SLI

nForce 740a SLI

nForce 710a SLI

nForce 680i SLI

nForce 680a SLI

nForce 680i LT SLI

nForce 650i SLI

nForce 650i Ultra

nForce 590 SLI Intel

nForce 590 SLI AMD

nForce 570 SLI Intel

nForce 570 SLI AMD

nForce 570 Ultra AMD

nForce 550

Known working Chipset (Per private testing)

Acer Aspire 5520-5716, North Bridge: AMD Hammer DDR2 IMC, South Bridge: Chipset Nforce 7000M-610M (MCP67-MV)

P.S. Anyone that owns this same system it supports up to DDR2-800 (PC2 6400). Don't go by what Acer lists as the top

memory speed!

Edited by f3bandit