LaptopVideo2Go Forums

INF v 4.005

mobilenvidia

You guys are spoiled here I am away from home for a week and still mod :)

Latest series INF now modded with:

* Mobile settings, all Notebook GPU's have Mobile settings enabled (as from 3.xxx INFs)

* Hybrid settings added, I've added the know (to me) Hybrid setings to this version (will be good to get feedback on this)

Vista/Windows 7 x86 and x64 only, INF is for 185.68 but should work with all other 185.6x drivers

x86 INF

x64 INF

Remember to right click the above link(s) and save as, the files server will open the INF as a text file otherwise (you have been warned :) )

Also may pay to uninstall any old driver first.

All is working as it should for me, so at a good start :P

WinXP will follow if these are received well and worthwihile to mod as well.

Enjoy, and as always feedback encouraged.

Mobile = Powermizer, Hybrid, lowe power LCD mode and various other bits that Notebooks need/have over their Desktop counterparts.

As part of the 'Mobile' settings I've also added the lv2go Display resolution table this applies to all GPU's be they Mobile, Desktop or Quadro.

:)

from first post

Remember to right click the above link(s) and save as, the files server

will open the INF as a text file otherwise (you have been warned smile.gif)

My nVidia Control Panel doen't work on Vista64. Tried 185.66 and 185.68. I installed them correctly (unistall drivers/restart in safe mode/run DriverSweeper and CCleaner/restart in normal mode and install new drivers).

x86 INF report file not found...

:)

---

Works now... :)

Edited by c0ding

Can this "INF v 4.005" work on 17x series or only 185 above?

"Vista/Windows 7 x86 and x64 only, INF is for 185.68 but should work with all other 185.6x drivers"

....... :)

Deleted the previous (4.002 x64) 185.68 via the nVidia driver clean tool, rebooted, checked device manager to see that standard drivers were used, reinstalled 185.68 with 4.005, rebooted. PowerMizer still does not work resp. show up in settings.

Can this "INF v 4.005" work on 17x series or only 185 above?

"Vista/Windows 7 x86 and x64 only, INF is for 185.68 but should work with all other 185.6x drivers"

....... :)

If you -really- wanted you could probably take the installer from 185.68, cab up the control panel files from the 17x driver and hope it doesn't balk at being fed a modified cab file. That said, there's really no point; the older inf should work fine.

Guest Joshua
uhhm...this might be a noobish question, but how do i know if powermizer is working? ty in advance

Unplug your laptop from the power source. When turning powermizer on and off, you should see your battery life raise and lower (about 10 mins for me idling).

Just as a side note. 185.66 XP drivers work pretty well on my 8600M GT.

Guest Squishy

So what's the difference between this driver and the "windows 7 driver" 181.71?

It this one works under windows 7 then why would there be a separate windows 7 driver?

Downloaded 185.68 for vista64 and the modded inf. Unpacked the driver, then copied the inf into the folder. Noticed that I wasnt replacing an old file, renamed nv_disp.inf to nv4_disp.inf. Attempted install using setup - went through installer, which ends reporting that no files have been installed. Used Device Mangler and have disk - was told that files were missing, installation terminated again.

Running Win7 RC (7100) x64 (clean install) - booted with allow unsigned drivers option.

Any thoughts?