LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers for Win 7 and Vista

mobilenvidia

I'm trying to obtain new sound card drivers for my Dell XPS M1530.

This is the latest driver I can obtain off the Dell website.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=261467

Thanks.

That is probably the very last STAC9200 driver made.

After this IDT took over from Sigmatel and made only newer chipset drivers.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• HunterZ0

• XinHong

• erp-ster7n

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know if the newest version has correct speaker mapping on the m1330? I'd test myself (and help get them working), but I'm going to be away from my 5.1 speakers for a few weeks.

Running Windows 7 RC1 (7100). Device IDs are:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7

I was using the R171786 driver from Dell for my XPS M1730 before attempting to install the modded driver:

Title : Audio:SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver

Version : A03

OEM Name : SIGMATEL

OEM Ver : 6.10.0.5614

Computers : Inspiron:1420, 1520, 1521, 1525, 1526, 1720, 1721; Latitude:XT; Vostro Notebook:1010, 1011, 1400, 1500, 1700; XPS:M1330, M1530, M1730

Languages : Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese-S, Chinese-T, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish

Created : Thu Nov 29 16:54:30 CST 2007

I tried following the instructions in the first post of this thread and got an error along the lines of "this device cannot start (10)" in the device manager.

I've attached the WRTxxxxx.INI that corresponds to my chipset. I pretty much overwrote the HKR\Settings\Pin\* and HDR\Settings\Filter\* sections with the ones from the attached INI, except for renaming SpeakerHp to Speaker and MuxedIn1 to MuxedIn. I didn't really understand the vague instructions for the Filter sections, so maybe I did it wrong?

WRT_M8_6.zip

Edited by HunterZ0

M1730 trial INI's

M1730_pins.zip only has the Pins copied

M1730_pins_filters.zip has both copied and headers renamed.

M1730_pins_filters_hkr.zip has Pins, Filters, HKR and GPIO sections copied.

Uninstall driver for each INI tested, very important !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still not sure it will work as other things may need to modded as well

Would be nice if the PINs only mod worked.

Send me your Notebooks and a postage paid return carton and I'll work on them as they arrive in :)

M1730_pins.zip

M1730_pins_filters.zip

M1730_pins_filters_hkr.zip

Thanks. I tried the pins and pins_filters versions this morning and got the "this device cannot start (10)" error on both. I'll try the pins_filters_hkr version tonight when I get home.

I can't seem to download the file---it appears to be corrupted.

Is there any way you could email this .ini to me?

Thanks for your help!

I can't seem to download the file---it appears to be corrupted.

Is there any way you could email this .ini to me?

Thanks for your help!

works fine for me :)

try this one

M1730 trial INI's

M1730_pins.zip only has the Pins copied

M1730_pins_filters.zip has both copied and headers renamed.

M1730_pins_filters_hkr.zip has Pins, Filters, HKR and GPIO sections copied.

Uninstall driver for each INI tested, very important !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still not sure it will work as other things may need to modded as well

Would be nice if the PINs only mod worked.

Send me your Notebooks and a postage paid return carton and I'll work on them as they arrive in :)

Thanks. I tried the pins and pins_filters versions this morning and got the "this device cannot start (10)" error on both. I'll try the pins_filters_hkr version tonight when I get home.

Okay, I've now tried all 3 and none of them work :) They all give the device could not start (Code 10) error.

I did uninstall after each failure, and rebooted when it asked after each install (even though you can tell before the reboot if it's going to work).

Edited by HunterZ0

Okay, I've now tried all 3 and none of them work :) They all give the device could not start (Code 10) error.

I did uninstall after each failure, and rebooted when it asked after each install (even though you can tell before the reboot if it's going to work).

Here goes another to try I've removed the MicIn Filters as this causes issues with me as soon as I put it in the INI even just a header.

WRT_pins_no_mic_filters.zip

Thanks for your work, I've got the latest drivers installed. But the only way I could find to avoid a 'code 10 error' is to comment out all of the filter sections. I've tried leaving them as is, copying them from the original ini, copying and renaming to speaker from speakerhp, commenting all but speaker out... And also copying the entire hkr section from the original ini. But it seems that as soon as I have any filters added in the ini, I get a code 10 error.

And I put the x in the volume icon problem (and a message about having no sound output device if you open the mixer, sound works though) down to the filter sections being commented out. And I've noticed with the latest drivers, I think I was using 1.08 and 1.22 before, I can't open the IDT control panel. I get an error message 'IDT Audio driver is inaccessible. Please make sure it is installed and enabled.' I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck.

Thanks for any help.

Hey, i've tried all four options for the M1730, and nope - none work, they all give code 10.

Here goes another to try I've removed the MicIn Filters as this causes issues with me as soon as I put it in the INI even just a header.

Thanks, but I still get "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

This one has nothing left in it but a blank [speaker] section

Should this also not work try removing this as well.

Why is this so hard, I need a sample Notebook to work on :)

WRT_nothing_left.zip

Guest Guest Inazuma

Once again, could someone please clarify the installation instructions for me?

I am using a HP HDX 16 laptop with Windows 7 64bit. My laptop has 2.1 speakers, 2 headphone jacks and mic jacks and apparently an S/PDIF Out although I don't see one.

eg. Do I have to do any more than just install the .exe at the top post?

Once again, could someone please clarify the installation instructions for me?

I am using a HP HDX 16 laptop with Windows 7 64bit. My laptop has 2.1 speakers, 2 headphone jacks and mic jacks and apparently an S/PDIF Out although I don't see one.

eg. Do I have to do any more than just install the .exe at the top post?

You have to grab the latest set of drivers that you know works on your system, open the WRTxxxx.ini that comes with it, and copy some stuff from it to the WRT.ini in the modded drivers (as described at the beginning of this thread). After that you can run the setup.exe or whatever from the modded driver to install it.

This one has nothing left in it but a blank [speaker] section

Should this also not work try removing this as well.

Why is this so hard, I need a sample Notebook to work on :)

Okay, so I tried with the speaker section and got a code 10 again. I tried removing the speaker filter section and finally got something:

- sound came out of laptop speakers even though I had headphones connected

- headphones were accessible via a second output device that could be used

- built-in digital array mic was detected

- plugged in headset mic was not detected (although there was a line-in device and some other permanently disabled input device) - this is a dealbreaker because I use a headset a lot for voice communication

- SPDIF output was detected (but I don't care about that)

For reference, here's how the Sigmatel chip works with the Dell XPS M1730:

• built-in stereo speakers
  • built-in digital array microphone
  • SPDIF output (not sure where it's physically located on the laptop if it even exists; might be built into one of the jacks)
  • 3 jacks on the side that have the following possible assignments:
    • mic / rear speakers / line in
    • headphones / center+LFE speakers / center+LFE speakers / center+LFE speakers (not sure why that shows up 3 times but it does)
    • headphones / front speakers

You can thus do 5.1 analog speakers, or headset+mic, or built-in speakers + built-in mic, or other configurations. The jacks are sensing, so with the Sigmatel drivers a popup appears whenever you plug something into one of the jacks to ask you what you've plugged in.

Edited by HunterZ0

Okay, so I tried with the speaker section and got a code 10 again. I tried removing the speaker filter section and finally got something:

- sound came out of laptop speakers even though I had headphones connected

- headphones were accessible via a second output device that could be used

- built-in digital array mic was detected

- plugged in headset mic was not detected (although there was a line-in device and some other permanently disabled input device) - this is a dealbreaker because I use a headset a lot for voice communication

- SPDIF output was detected (but I don't care about that)

For reference, here's how the Sigmatel chip works with the Dell XPS M1730:

• built-in stereo speakers (will need to check on what name the M1730 uses)
  • built-in digital array microphone (Does the M1730 have more than 1 inbuild mic ?)
  • SPDIF output (not sure where it's physically located on the laptop if it even exists; might be built into one of the jacks) The i9400 also has this but no actual SPDIF connector
  • 3 jacks on the side that have the following possible assignments:
    • mic / rear speakers / line in
    • headphones / center+LFE speakers / center+LFE speakers / center+LFE speakers (not sure why that shows up 3 times but it does)
    • headphones / front speakers All these are switchable with the pop up IDT Control Panel (I enabled this in the tweaks), very good thing too

You can thus do 5.1 analog speakers, or headset+mic, or built-in speakers + built-in mic, or other configurations. The jacks are sensing, so with the Sigmatel drivers a popup appears whenever you plug something into one of the jacks to ask you what you've plugged in.

This has given me some hope.

But will mean each make will need a modded \filters\ section

Feeling much better now.

Will do some more work on this with your info you've just given :)

The M1730 can't have a \Speaker\ section just like the i9400 can't have a \MicIn\ section (or code 10's)

(will need to check on what name the M1730 uses): How do we determine that?

(Does the M1730 have more than 1 inbuild mic ?): I think the answer is no: It has a "microphone array" that shows up as a single recording device, even though under the hood it's actually composed of multiple physical microphones that allow it to do directional filtering and other fancy stuff like that. In Windows 7 I can pull up a Microphone Enhancements tab for it that has an Andrea logo and radio buttons for "No audio enhancements" / "Speakerphone" / "Voice enhancements" / "Directional beam".

The i9400 also has this but no actual SPDIF connector: This could be the case with the M1730 as well, as I haven't seen any mention of it in documentation - just in the driver options.

All these are switchable with the pop up IDT Control Panel (I enabled this in the tweaks), very good thing too: That's good to hear, as it means there's hope of full functionality with newer drivers. :)

Edited by HunterZ0

The SPDIF connector on the M1730 is in the S-Video port. Dell uses a proprietary adapter, that changes the S-Video port into component + SPDIF connectors. (Stupid and WTF i know)

The SPDIF connector on the M1730 is in the S-Video port. Dell uses a proprietary adapter, that changes the S-Video port into component + SPDIF connectors. (Stupid and WTF i know)

Wonder if the i9400 has it here also as the SPDIF feature is available in the Control Panel.

My original driver download has a number of different WRTxxxx.inis. The topic says to do a PCI_ID AND SUBSYS search - how?

Go into the Windows device manager and look up the properties for your Sigmatel/IDT chip. You should be able to find the hardware ID somewhere in there; it looks something like "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_10280229&REV1002". You then have to look or search through the WRTxxxx.INI files that came with your working driver to find the one with that same ID at the top.

So these drivers are not working with XPS M1730? :) Too bad. Will they ever work with that laptop?

Not yet, but it sounds like there's hope. If you've been following the last couple pages, you'll see me acting as a guinea pig to gather some data :)

SONY_M_WRT2_1.rar

i hope you can solve all sony laptop owner's code 10 problem, if you look the original inf file which came from sony update site.

thanks...