LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers for Win 7 and Vista

mobilenvidia

Wonder if the i9400 has it here also as the SPDIF feature is available in the Control Panel.

Yes it has, but seems not detected with idt... works fine with sigmatel

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• HunterZ0

• XinHong

• erp-ster7n

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Attached is an INI for the M1730.

Already copied in the PINs

I've put in a \SpeakerHp\ filter section as per original INI

Renamed all Speaker headers to SpeakerHp

If this works, try adding back on the other filter sections one at atime (they marked with ';' just remove the ';'

Hopefully this will work or I'm getting near the end of the road with things to try.

Remember to uninstall then install again, we are dealing with HKR registry sections which are best installed

Come back with good news :)

It shows for me in the CP and Windows audio control but only with modded INI

WRT_m1730.zip

Guest Guest

The modded inf makes the "rear spdif" show on my 9500/e1705 but for some reason it kind of takes over the volume control in the systray. I get the icon with a red X over it. Audio seems to work ok, but the mixer only shows the spdif. In the new IDT control panel applet, everything seems to look ok and I've set the "speakers/headphones" item to be the default device but no joy.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Guest Bevel

Finally got the sound to work on my Dell Vostro 1500 with an SigmaTel STAC 9205 Chip! Got an Code 10 Error for a long time but realised that it must have been some Filter in the Speaker section, can't tell exactly which one but after i removed all filters in speaker section, that were given in the old Dell .ini but not in the new wrt.ini, the sound works just fine.

There is only one problem left: i am not able to open the IDT Control Panel and there is no IDT icon in Control Panel. Yeah and i get the x icon like many others (disable/enable soundcard did not show any effect)

Lots more learning over the last few hours.

Ive sorted the Inspiron i9400/E1705 now, everyting should work as it was supposed to.

Was having an issue with the Subwoofer being far to loud.

Attached are 2 INI's one for the Dell Inspiron i9400/E1705 and the other for the Dell XPS M1730 (sure you can work out which is which :) )

I've applied the same changes to the M1730 INI.

Removed the subwoofer setting (thats not supported)

Added the PINs and also the GPIO's

Made changes needed to the filters to combine M1730 settings with tweaks.

Removed settings that cause Code 10 errors (some old 5xxx driver settings arn't computable with 6xxx drivers)

Theoretically this should now work and everything enabled, but no doubt Mr Murphy and his laws will intervene :)

Also added in a heap of features that will only probably be seen on the IDT chipsets (92HDxxx)

WRT_i9400.zip

WRT_m1730.zip

Added to first post how everything should look once working properly.

Last picture is of my Desktop with all audio CP's opened, both IDT's, Minipanel and Windows.

What is the subwoofer setting that isn't supported on the M1730? I'm asking because it does support a subwoofer via the center/LFE jack (LFE = subwoofer).

The i9400 has a build in subwoofer, it 's underneath the machine, below keyboard.

Subwoofer is an overstatement as the speaker is the size of a large coin but does make the sound a little richer

Your sub out is on a one of the Jacks.

These should be changeable when you plug something in to it.

The M1730 has 5.1 sound but is not Dolby compatable as Dell only put in the ST9228 not the ST9228D

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Will try to try your new INI sometime this weekend.

I've been trying to get the 6187 driver installed for awhile now, to no avail.

Here's my hardware id info:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7

I have tried the install using your most recent ini for the XPS 1730, first using your original v1.036 for M1730, then modifying the filters section using the filters from my most recent audio driver from Dell. This is what the Dell filters section looks like (though I changed [HKR\Settings\filter\SpeakerHP] to [HKR\Settings\filter\Speaker] based on your instructions contained in the ini

[HKR\Settings\filter\Speaker]
UniqueID							 	= hex: 0
LegacyIoctlHere						  = hex: 1
Associations						 	= hex: 1
DigitalVolumeControl				 	= hex: 0
EnabledPcmRenderBitsAndRates 		= dword: 0xfffffffe
EnableHwSpeakerConfigurationSupport 	= hex: 1
EnableIntSpkrMute			= hex: 1
EnableVendorPCBeep			= hex: 1
UseHwMuteAlways				= hex: 1
PCBeepMute				= hex: 0
PCBeepVolume				= dword: 0xffd00000 
EnableRenderConvertersAutoSearch	= hex: 1
SystemSpeakerConfiguration		= dword: 0x00000003
ReportInfoForInternalDevPinsToo 	= hex: 0
MasterVolume				= dword: 0xfff40000 
[HKR\settings\filter\MuxedIn1]
UniqueID							 	= hex: 1
LegacyIoctlHere						  = hex: 0
CaptureConverter					 	= hex: 7
EnableCompositeMuxAndAdcCtrl		 	= hex: 0
Associations						 	= hex: 3
EnabledPcmCaptureBitsAndRates			= dword: 0x0a0060  
DisableMicBoost						  = hex: 0
MicBoost				= hex: 1
LineInRecVolume				= dword: 0x000fb000
MicInRecVolume				= dword: 0x000fb000
MicBoostLevel   			= dword: 0x00140000   
EnableSubdeviceOnDevicePresence	 	= hex: A,0,8,0  
[HKR\settings\filter\MicIn]
UniqueID							 	= hex: 2
CaptureConverter					 	= hex: 8
EnableCompositeMuxAndAdcCtrl		 	= hex: 0
Associations							= hex: 5
EnabledPcmCaptureBitsAndRates			= dword: 0x0a0060  
DisableMicBoost						  = hex: 0
MicArrayVersion					  = dword: 0x100
MicArrayType				 		= dword: 0	  
MicArrayVerticalAngleBegin   		= dword: 0
MicArrayVerticalAngleEnd	 		= dword: 0
MicArrayHorizontalAngleBegin		= dword: 0x00FFDDE9 
MicArrayHorizontalAngleEnd		= dword: 0x00002217 
MicArrayFrequencyBandLo			= dword: 0x50 
MicArrayFrequencyBandHi			= dword: 0x2710 
[HKR\Settings\filter\SpdifOut]
UniqueID							 	= hex: 3
Associations						 	= hex: 4
SpdifMaster							  = hex: 2
SpdifOutConverter						= hex: 1E
DisableSPDIFControl					 = hex: 0
SpdifOutCtrl							= hex: 1
[HKR\settings\filter\MuxedIn1\TopoNames]
MicIn 					= "{CD2AF943-305E-4786-BCFA-1BE25DECACDB}"
[HKR\Settings\filter\MicIn\TopoNames]
MicIn									= "{A218C4A7-BDF8-4e59-9BEE-994835B7F393}"   
[HKR\Settings\filter\MuxedIn1\MaxLvlLimiters]
MicBoostLevel 				= dword: 0x00140000

If you need anymore information I would be glad to provide it. Thanks for all you're doing to fix this!

Edited by laighean13

I've been trying to get the 6187 driver installed for awhile now, to no avail.

Here's my hardware id info:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7

I have tried the install using your most recent ini for the XPS 1730, first using your original v1.036 for M1730, then modifying the filters section using the filters from my most recent audio driver from Dell. This is what the Dell filters section looks like (though I changed [HKR\Settings\filter\SpeakerHP] to [HKR\Settings\filter\Speaker] based on your instructions contained in the ini

If you need anymore information I would be glad to provide it. Thanks for all you're doing to fix this!

Did you try the INI from this post ? http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st&p=114435

I'm hoping it will work (you will need the modded 6187 driver as well, and replace the INI in it

Tried again with the ini you linked to--no luck--I've already been trying with the modded 6187 drivers. I've got a Code 31 error "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)". Also I have two non-functional IDT applets in the control panel.

Edited by laighean13

Tried again with the ini you linked to--no luck--I've already been trying with the modded 6187 drivers. I've got a Code 31 error "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)". Also I have two non-functional IDT applets in the control panel.

OK, you shouldn't be getting a code 31

The driver should install, but the Audio service may not start once installed.

If the driver/Audio service won't load/start then the CP's ofcourse won't work.

Try attached INI with all but \Speakers\ removed.

Make sure you uninstall and then reinstall it's VITAL

Also don't bother to even try these M1730 INI unless you have a Dell XPS M1730, these are for the M1730 only and will not work on anything else.

WRT_m1730_37.zip

You rock dude---things have improved immensely. I've got sound and control panels---but if I plug headphones into either jack, both control panels crash---"Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working." I'm also getting the red "x" icon.

Good, finally :)

Attached is the next step I've added in the original M1730 sections [HKLM\SOFTWARE\SigmaTel\STSysTray\1.0\EventExpressions]

These control how the jack respond to beign plugged in.

If this fixes the CP issues then go into INI (with editor) and remove the ';' from in front of lines in the filters section

Do this one section at a time (uninstall and reinstall driver each time) until you get the Code 31

You can now narrow down the problem setting and remove it (and tell me)

Good luck :)

WRT_m1730_39.zip

I can confirm the code 31 from the INI in post #130. Going to try the one in post #140 now...

No luck---cp still crashes when I plug in headphones to either jack.

INI from post #140 seems to work. I don't have a mic or headphones handy, however, so I can't test for the crashing issue. Here are my observations though:

Windows 7 sound->recording tab:

- an active "internal mic" device is listed even though i don't currently have my headset connected (it's not handy at the moment to test with); also it's weird that it's called "internal"

- a second "internal mic" device is listead as "currently unavailable" (probably shouldn't be there?)

Microphone array properties menus in windows 7 sound->recording tab:

- microphone enhancements are checkboxes instead of radio buttons, which allows multiple enhancement modes to be selected simultaneously. not sure what the results of that may be.

- no matter which Microphone Enhancements I choose, it always reverts to Noise cancellation and Light beam forming after I hit OK and then re-open the menu. The Disable microphone enhancements checkbox seems to stick though, so I can at least toggle the settings on and off at a global level

- only one "levels" tab, which lists values from 0-100 (no ability to see levels in dB)

IDT audio control panel:

- when I try to select something other than "music" from the "choose content" dropdown, it immediately reverts back to "music"

- when I try to uncheck the "enabled" checkbutton under the SRS premium sound logo, it immediately reverts back to Enabled

- when I click on the upper-left connector of the Jacks panel, I get a dropdown with two options: "Device: Headphones and just "Device:" with a speaker icon. I think the latter is supposed to be "Device: Front Speakers"?

- when I try to test the speakers in the IDT control panel, I don't hear anything

Edited by HunterZ0

INI from post #140 seems to work. I don't have a mic or headphones handy, however, so I can't test for the crashing issue. Here are my observations though:

Windows 7 sound->recording tab:

- an active "internal mic" device is listed even though i don't currently have my headset connected (it's not handy at the moment to test with); also it's weird that it's called "internal"

- a second "internal mic" device is listead as "currently unavailable" (probably shouldn't be there?)

I get this too, there are some lines in the INI that causes that, easily fixed

Microphone array properties menus in windows 7 sound->recording tab:

- microphone enhancements are checkboxes instead of radio buttons, which allows multiple enhancement modes to be selected simultaneously. not sure what the results of that may be.

- no matter which Microphone Enhancements I choose, it always reverts to Noise cancellation and Light beam forming after I hit OK and then re-open the menu. The Disable microphone enhancements checkbox seems to stick though, so I can at least toggle the settings on and off at a global level

- only one "levels" tab, which lists values from 0-100 (no ability to see levels in dB)

I cannot seem to get the full Andrea features to come up any more, there should be 4 settings to play with.

IDT audio control panel:

- when I try to select something other than "music" from the "choose content" dropdown, it immediately reverts back to "music"

- when I try to uncheck the "enabled" checkbutton under the SRS premium sound logo, it immediately reverts back to Enabled

- when I click on the upper-left connector of the Jacks panel, I get a dropdown with two options: "Device: Headphones and just "Device:" with a speaker icon. I think the latter is supposed to be "Device: Front Speakers"?

- when I try to test the speakers in the IDT control panel, I don't hear anything

This is working fine for me and does a very good job of it too, moveis sound do much better in 'Movie' mode.

But the sound is working as it should ?, don't care about mics and etc that can be worked on later.

Will make up another INI later to try.

But in the meantime have a play with the \filtters\xxxx\ sections try removing/adding them in

I keep getting a Code 31 "windows cannot load the drivers" on an XPS M1710, using both the i9400 WRT, plus modding one for the M1710. The Subsys is HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801CE

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Matt

But the sound is working as it should ?, don't care about mics and etc that can be worked on later.

Will make up another INI later to try.

But in the meantime have a play with the \filtters\xxxx\ sections try removing/adding them in

Yeah sound seems to be working fine. Tested with Deus Ex (an old game) and will be testing with World of Warcraft.

First, thanks for modding these drivers. The last working version is 6162 with INI v1.010 and INF v1.003. I tried to replace pins with original Dell drivers, rename SpeakerHP in Speaker but each time I have a code 10. (Dell XPS M1530, Vista SP1).

Original INI :

Oh, any chance to get this working ? :)

capturero.png

First, thanks for modding these drivers. The last working version is 6162 with INI v1.010 and INF v1.003. I tried to replace pins with original Dell drivers, rename SpeakerHP in Speaker but each time I have a code 10. (Dell XPS M1530, Vista SP1).

Original INI :

Oh, any chance to get this working ? :)

Yes Dolby, if you click enable then leave the page then go back in you can select the other options (that don't stick)

Unless you have a STAC92xx ending in a 'D' then Dolby is not supported :)

I'll see what I can do with the M1530

M1530 INI attached.

It's the same as the last M1730 INI but with pins and some other small adjustments added.

So will have the same issues as the M1730 but you will have sound and get to look at the CP's

WRT_m1530_39.zip