LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers for Win 7 and Vista

mobilenvidia

Juat try installing it all again. So uninstall it all, restart, then install again. Originally mine had the same problem, then the sub wouldn't work right, and now it's all dandy!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• HunterZ0

• XinHong

• erp-ster7n

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi. Im running Windows 7 x64 and I cant get these drivers to install for the life of me.

I uninstall the IDT drivers windows installs. Run the install executable and it installs, restarts and then it says my device cannot start.

The problem with the Windows drivers is they dont enable the Subwoofer on the bottom of the laptop.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

AIM: Hiimbryanomg

my notebook is Dell XPS 1210 on Windows 7 x32

now i use 6187 mod driver, show error code 10

and i used 6162.3 6162.0 , no error code ,but no sound~

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801D7&REV_1036

WRT_M8_2.zip

Edited by ritech

Guest meagain

hello

i got error code 10, too :)

Version: 6.10.0.6187

Laptop: XPS M1330

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280209&REV_1002

is there any solution?

hello

i got error code 10, too :)

Version: 6.10.0.6187

Laptop: XPS M1330

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280209&REV_1002

is there any solution?

Well I hope so - cos I hacked it together and it works for me :)

Here's the patched version of the WRT.INI file for use with the M1330 laptop

I've stripped out all the other VEN_ and SUBSYS_ vendors so anyone who's non-1330 need not look here.

If any 1330 users could have a look and test it, and get back to me with any thoughts/feedback that would be great.

Cheers

jkbuha

WRT.rar

Guest meagain

I've stripped out all the other VEN_ and SUBSYS_ vendors so anyone who's non-1330 need not look here.

If any 1330 users could have a look and test it, and get back to me with any thoughts/feedback that would be great.

Cheers

jkbuha

hi

working great, i got sound and no error 10, BUT now i got 2 Sound devices

and if i chooce the one i got sound from windows is showing a speaker with a

red cross in the task bar and i cannot adjust the volume :)

maybe you could contact me via icq if you want to help one-zero-one-six-zero-zero-six-one-two (<< anti spam *g*)

if you need any further information, just let my know here or via icq!

best regards

I think that is because your hardware is slightly different to mine.

Mine is REV_1004 and yours is REV_1002.

What I noticed is that the GPIO parameter in the WRT.INI file is very crucial to the soundcard working.

If you could look up your original driver file to check this setting:

[HKR\Settings\GPIO]

02 = hex: 0x82

Uninstall the device from control panel, replace the value above with your original value, re-install driver and cross fingers!

Good luck!

jkbuha

Guest Guest

Love the drivers. HAd to force them to install via Device Manager in Windows 7 x64 build 7127 on a Dell E1505. The audio properties has all the settings... WOOT

Everything works.

Guest Guest
Love the drivers. HAd to force them to install via Device Manager in Windows 7 x64 build 7127 on a Dell E1505. The audio properties has all the settings... WOOT

Everything works.

I jumped the gun....

none of the setting work for me at all.

if any ifon wanted email me

waldoinc@gmail.com

Guest Guest

Cheers

jkbuha

im having the same problem on my m1330, my hardware is also REV_1004, same as yours.

Guest Mentwar

I'm using M1330 with REV_1002 hardware, but suffered from this (non-Mixer) problem.

I've just found a fix, but it's probably a very hackish method and I don't really understand implications from applying this fix.

Open up jkbuha's modded inf, then navigate to Line 144:

Mixer 					= hex: 0x17

This is causing the output not to be displayed in the Mixer. Delete this line, save it and re-install the driver.

Alternatively, if you've already installed the driver, you can apply the same fix from Registry Editor.

Navigate to "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001\Settings\filter\Speaker", then delete "Mixer" (Binary value).

Close the registry editor, then reboot.

I haven't tested this fix yet, only confirmed that it works.

Someone else might come up with a better fix, hopefully...

Guest Mentwar

OK, I've tested a bit more...

Probably the easiest fix is to use mobilenvidia's WRT_m1530_49.zip

It's for M1530, but it works on M1330 as well (in fact, the original Dell's driver shares the same INI for both M1330 and M1530).

When installing with WRT_m1530_49, don't overwrite the pin settings, as M1530 one will work with M1330.

DELETED, retesting

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

Okay, I tested the WRT_m1530_49.zip ini on my m1330 (REV_1002), and it worked fine. However...

-I needed to switch around the orange (centre/sub) and black (rear) cables with analogue 5.1, compared to the Dell Vista drivers.

-I could not get the sub working while SRS was enabled. I don't know much about SRS and don't intend to use it, so maybe someone else could give more through testing.

-I could not get sound working over HDMI. However, I didn't test these too throughly, so that doesn't mean it doesn't work. So could others please test.

-The IDT Control Panel insists I have Stereo Speakers, and reverts back to Stereo whenever I try to enable 5.1. Luckily the Windows Sound setup overrides this, so the setting in the IDT control panel doesn't take effect. So 5.1 works anyway.

Overall, I am able to use the modded drivers on my m1330 now, excellent stuff!

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

Hi guys,

can someone pls re-post the file WRT_m1530_49.zip?

I downloaded the file few times, unable to extract it, winzip reported error.

Thanks,

Okay, I tested the WRT_m1530_49.zip ini on my m1330 (REV_1002), and it worked fine. However...

-I needed to switch around the orange (centre/sub) and black (rear) cables with analogue 5.1, compared to the Dell Vista drivers.

-I could not get the sub working while SRS was enabled. I don't know much about SRS and don't intend to use it, so maybe someone else could give more through testing.

-I could not get sound working over HDMI. However, I didn't test these too throughly, so that doesn't mean it doesn't work. So could others please test.

-The IDT Control Panel insists I have Stereo Speakers, and reverts back to Stereo whenever I try to enable 5.1. Luckily the Windows Sound setup overrides this, so the setting in the IDT control panel doesn't take effect. So 5.1 works anyway.

Overall, I am able to use the modded drivers on my m1330 now, excellent stuff!

I'd just like to add to this, I managed to test sound over HDMI over the weekend, and it worked fine.

So the m1330 is now fully supported!

Guest m1330_vista

hi, I also have an m1330 running vista service pack2 with HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280209&REV_1002

I have read all 13 pages, and tried everything including running idt_6187.0 with a copy of the wrt.ini from the m1530, but alas, nothing works,

heres what i did:

- downloaded to desktop idt_6187.0

- ran setup from desktop for all wrt from the idt_6187 /wdm folder on my desktop:

- wrt.ini (the one that came with idt_6187.0)

- wrt.ini without mixer

- wrt.ini the one from jkbuha

- wrt.ini without mixer

- wrt.ini from the m1530

everytime i uninstalled the previous one from device manager, rebooted and ran setup again.

at first i got error code 10, but got rid of that problem, and then got the great idt cp. i noticed that the master sound stays mute all the time no matter what i do.

please help, its been a week with no sound, whats a laptop with no sound for these days? =p

thanks for the support!

I'd just like to add to this, I managed to test sound over HDMI over the weekend, and it worked fine.

So the m1330 is now fully supported!

Try running 6195, it's from Dell, found it a couple of days ago.

It might have support for your setup (well it should do)

Guest m1330_vista

i am sorry what do you mean by 6195?, the last audio update i got from dell for sigmatel is the one that made me lose the sound (the one from 2008)...

Try running 6195, it's from Dell, found it a couple of days ago.

It might have support for your setup (well it should do)

Guest m1330_vista

thanks for the quick replies, but it doesnt work...

it says " the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The installation will be aborted"

losing hope, dell solution was to pcrestore, looks like i am having not much of a choice... i'll still try for a bit...

anyone really got it working for an m1330 vista sp2?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=23793

try the 2nd driver down (6195) it's from Dell

I've been trying out many different methods for getting the drivers to work but to no avail.

I've tried the "copy every [HKR]" method, the one in the first post, and the "rename \Speaker1\ to \Speaker\" method.

Please advise.

My laptop is HP Pavilion DV5-1034tx.

My hardware ID is:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_103C3603

I'm using the following files from the first post:

Version 6.10.6187.0 DriverVer=04/09/2009,6.10.0.6187 Vista/Windows 7 x32/x64

WRT.ini v1.008 beta