LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers for Win 7 and Vista

mobilenvidia

Here moded latest drivers for m1730 for Win7/Vista that works for me with some minor bugs. WRT.INI is from mobilenvidia latest one. Now to problems, all jacks are working fine, however i noticed one when i unpluged headphones spdif out (that doesnt exist) got activated, so i couldnt use internal speakers anymore. I think this is working if you mute spdif in IDT control panel (at least i didnt notice this bug after i disabled it). Other bug that is, after you plug in headphones/mic you always need to recheck in controlpanel jack information.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• HunterZ0

• XinHong

• erp-ster7n

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone tell me which driver i should download for Sony FZ21S ? I got 2 years old driver lol which is 6.10.5614.0 and there is no even audiochanels to choose from, only stereo.. Please help.. :)

So frustrating trying to find a solution to such a simple issue for the sigmatel driver that supports stereo mix in Vista32. After many hours and days of searching I found this post.

http://en.community.dell.com/blogs/direct2dell/archive/2008/08/15/107409.aspx?permaPostId=112814 by BB_XPSAudio 31 Aug 2008 08:40

I downloaded the driver http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&releaseid=R190606&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=261629 but don't know which ini and inf files to make the edits.

I also found this post by alseyoum, posted July 28, 2009, which shows registry edits but I can't find inipath key.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19259134.aspx

If anyone has luck with any of these fixes I would appreciate details. Thanks.

Bev

Good news for XPS M1530 users. The IDT 6224 are fully working on the Dell XPS M1530 without any tweak, now we have the Stereo Mix (not tested yet) and they are WHQL certified.

Edited by XinHong

XinHong, where can we get those IDT 6224? Maybe they work with my M1730 as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've found it here:

EDIT2: Well, it didn't work...

Edited by TimeWriter

Good news for XPS M1530 users. The IDT 6224 are fully working on the Dell XPS M1530 without any tweak, now we have the Stereo Mix (not tested yet) and they are WHQL certified.

What NVIDIA driver are you using to have your sound working ?

Nekro has the same machine but only gets sound with Forceware 176.44 and newer driver = no sound

I have the 186.91 and I set the output of MediaPlayer Classic HomeCinema DirectShow Audio to HDMI (IDT High Definition Audio 0200000)

Edit : I am on Windows 7 32 bit

capturedriver.th.pngcaptureaudio.th.pnghdmisound.th.png

Edited by XinHong

Working on XPS M1330, too... Good Work!

I can confirm that the 6224 set works on the m1330. It is IDT branded (as opposed to Sigmatel branded like previous official m1330-compatible drivers have been, and has the IDT control panel. It doesn't have the wide array of options that the modded drivers have (though it's many steps above Sigmatel's control panel), but the trade-off is that you can properly configure the HDMI, and all of the settings actually work/are valid.

Nice to know that everybody will enjoy 6233 version.

I've been modding drivers for myself since Pieter stopped modding them and they have been working 100% on all devices and all cp features in all versions i've been modding so if anyone is having an issue with drivers just take a look to the drivers cuz u'll find it quite easy to mod.

This is the WRT.ini for the 6233 drivers for the XPS M1530 users (M1330 too ?).

We have all the tweaks from mobilenvidia and HDMI output (named Digital Output Device S/PDIF / HDMI) but not StereoMix. They are not WHQL.

Edited by XinHong

The new modded 6233 partially works on the m1330 using the modded inf posted above. However, there is noticable audio bleed between the speakers, and the Windows volume panel also fails to detect anything but SPDIF. I could not test on the unmodded 6233 because there did not appear to be a WRT.ini in the unmodded set.

Hi, first I must say thanks to all you guys who are helping make the driver updating much easier.

I just tried the latest version but it failed my audio i/o. I had followed the guide in the WRT.ini replacing the "pins" and "filters". My HID is HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_107B0560 and here is my modded one with originals. inis.7z there are 2 different version of original inis. The version 5580 is shipped with my laptop, the version 5939 is the version I was using before trying out this mod and am using now. When I was applying the mod I used version 5580 as reference.

I'll do more test and I'll post here if I could find any info.

Additionally, these is also a little issue that you have the [strings] sections in your modded inf broken due to leak of unicode support, it doesn't cause the issue in this case because i'm using en-US windows 7 RC. Anyway I suggest you use a full unicode-compatible text-editor to apply the mod in the future. (actually notepad is good but I think you may have nlited/vlited some codepages in your OS.)

IDT sound cards ftw. At least they process all sound and sound effects. My mom laptop has Realtek and windows audio service eats a nice amount of cpu without any effect and if i have some effects like equalizer and/or dolby surround you can't even imagine the slowdown in laptop (why the hell do i need a sound card if cpu will process sound? just to have the spearks n mic connected maybe...). As Realtek eats a lot of cpu many times i got some troubles to play some games so i need to disable windows audio service. In my laptop with my dear IDT windows audio service eats 0% cpu even with equalizer, srs and all that crap on! what makes my life much easier :)

Edited by Beyond

How can I get working my Sigmatel Audio STAC9872AK for VAIO FZ21M?

Please help... :)

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_103C30F9&REV_1003

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_103C30F9

SOME1 mod the wrt.ini please ... i tried a lot of times but no luck... it says driver succesfully updated.. but its not

Guest rudrood

Hi,

I'm a noob in this issue, so hope someone can answer my question;

When I install Version 6.10.6233.0 (and earlier) my sound volume indication in the tast bar gets a red cross, and I can't adjust the volume there.

Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

Everything else works like a charm.

Thanks;

Rudrood

Inspiron 9400

Well theres that dropdown menu but its only for the internal speakers...which dont actually work...but even when i pick 5.1ch it automatically switches back to setero...thats irrelevant though cause im really just trying to configure the hdmi out which i do get audio from its just in stereo...I was talking about the configuration button when you click on the playback device that only offers stereo

i've same problem...

so do you solve this ? someone can solve this ?

thank's for any answer

• 2 weeks later...

Does this work for Inspiron 1750 with IDT 92HD71B sound card?

I tried exactly what you described, replacing the pin section properly.

I am running Windows 7.

When I try to use your modded version, it fails to detect the sound device.

I am uninstalling the old driver first bny going through the control panel / hardware and sound /devices and printers, and bringing up the hardware profile. Then I click on "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" and uninstall the driver.

Any idea why this isn't working?

@mobilenvidia...thanks for the wonderful writeup. Originally I just installed the driver, but that didn't work. I didn't notice the added information you had included at the bottom about modifying the .ini file. It worked very well and thanks again.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to modify the driver to have the hdmi audio automatically switch when the hdmi cable is plugged in. Originally when I had vista installed with the OEM driver from sony, it did this automatically for me. But after upgrading to windows 7, I just can't seem to get it to work. I was hoping the newest driver would do it for me, but so far nothing? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Does this work for Inspiron 1750 with IDT 92HD71B sound card?

I tried exactly what you described, replacing the pin section properly.

I am running Windows 7.

When I try to use your modded version, it fails to detect the sound device.

I am uninstalling the old driver first bny going through the control panel / hardware and sound /devices and printers, and bringing up the hardware profile. Then I click on "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" and uninstall the driver.

Any idea why this isn't working?

You need to download your original oem driver and open up the wrt.ini file. You have to copy a certain section into the modded version and then save it. It's all in the first post near the middle/bottom.

@mobilenvidia...thanks for the wonderful writeup. Originally I just installed the driver, but that didn't work. I didn't notice the added information you had included at the bottom about modifying the .ini file. It worked very well and thanks again.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to modify the driver to have the hdmi audio automatically switch when the hdmi cable is plugged in. Originally when I had vista installed with the OEM driver from sony, it did this automatically for me. But after upgrading to windows 7, I just can't seem to get it to work. I was hoping the newest driver would do it for me, but so far nothing? Any thoughts or suggestions?

You need to download your original oem driver and open up the wrt.ini file. You have to copy a certain section into the modded version and then save it. It's all in the first post near the middle/bottom.

I did that, but it still did not work.

Guest David K

hello i have an inspiron 1720 running windows 7 ultimate everything works fine except my microphone jack is recognized as a line in. any clue tipe ect how to get this to work as a mic jack again?