LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers for Win 7 and Vista

mobilenvidia

I modified the V6272 with SRS and updated a number of dynamic link library?.dll file?

Here is a screenshot.

PS:I use XPS 1530.The latest driver version is v6277, but v6277 is not included the SRS files, even if I added the SRS files, it still has some problems after I installed the driver, so I still use v6272.

I updated these files?

AESTACap.dll?AESTAC64.dll?Update to 2.0.32.13?2.0.64.13?? [Original version 2.0.32.12?2.0.64.12?]

CTAPO32.DLL?CTAPO64.DLL?Update to 1.0.19.0?1.0.19.0?? [Original version 1.0.18.0?1.0.18.0?]

ctppld.dll?ctppld64.dll?Update to 1.0.22.0?1.0.22.0?? [Original version 1.0.8.0?1.0.8.0?]

IDTmini1.exe?idt64mp1.exe?Update to 1.0.6276.0?1.0.6276.0?? [Original version 1.0.6272.0?1.0.6272.0?]

update1:If you want use v6277 and your laptop model is XPS 1330/1530 or your soundcard use WRT_M8-3.INI,I just modified the WRT.INI for v6277,you can download this file and replace mobilenvidia's WRT.INI.

update2:If you want use SRS,please download the v6272 and copy the following files to V6277's folder?like “idt_6277\WDM”?

copy these files?

SRS files?

slcshp32.dll

slcshp64.dll

slh36032.dll

slh36064.dll

sltshd32.dll

sltshd64.dll

sluapo32.dll

sluapo64.dll

idt mini files?

idt64mp1.exe

idtmini1.exe

Delete this file?

DELLLT10.bld

Edited by fis6h

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• HunterZ0

• XinHong

• erp-ster7n

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tried 6277 on Win7 Ultimate 32 bit on a dell inspiron 9400 32 bit

my card is a sigmatel

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801CD

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690

i followed your guide replacing the [HKR\Settings\pin] part and adding my model...i can't install it...it says that hardware isn't supported by this IDT package.

any solutions??

PS sorry for the bad english :)

As you have the same machine as me, and I modded the driver to work with our machines, you should not need to modify the INF/INI any further.

I have a question. The newest drivers, 6277, are working great, but I have an apparently non-functional "Tone Controls" page in the "Speakers Properties" window, and I was wondering how I might be able to get rid of it.

Yes I have that too, there is a setting that enables that.

Been so long since I delved deeply into to the inards of IDT INI, that I can't remember.

Only left it there as some machines have it fully functional.

If I come across it it will give you a yell

tried 6277 on vista business 32 bit on a dell inspiron 32 bit

can't install drivers. trough setup and device manager it won't work.

any thoughts?

grtz

The included modded INI will only work as is for the Dell i9400/E1705

You will need to modify the INI more to get it to work with other Notebooks.

have a look though to see if there are folk that have already done the hard work and got the INI to work.

ie fis6h is the XPS 1530 guru.

have a look though to see if there are folk that have already done the hard work and got the INI to work.

I'm curious, your v6277 folder does not include the SRS files, but in your INF and INI files I found the SRS sectors, I would like to ask you, can you enable the SRS effect after installation ?

Guest brokkeloare

typo: my laptop is an inspiron 9400. said 32 bit two times. now using drivers 6263 who work without any problem. strange

Was working an updated 6277, when during a test install the HD decided to die :)

Not looking very good at this point I can get the driver off the HD.

I had it working rather well, with copied SRS files from 6269 and it's special INI's.

Was working an updated 6277, when during a test install the HD decided to die sad.gif

Not looking very good at this point I can get the driver off the HD.

I had it working rather well, with copied SRS files from 6269 and it's special INI's.

Sympathetic to your hard drive, but fortunately your data is ok.

I want to say 6277 was’t a good version, looking forward to the next version, BTW, I'm curious why DELL only release the XP edition of 6281 ?

Edited by fis6h

Sympathetic to your hard drive, but fortunately your data is ok.

I want to say 6277 was’t a good version, looking forward to the next version, BTW, I'm curious why DELL only release the XP edition of 6281 ?

6181 probably only addresses a XP issue.

Yes, data like you I have to download from here, as this is my backup.

Lost plenty of other stuff though :)

No matter, no use crying over spilled milk.

Guest Leandro Sisca

Hello to all!

I need help because I run out of ideas, and tests.

I have D945GNT mobo, with the Intel High Definition Audio (STAC9220/9223), and I'm use to connect my machine to a Yamaha receiver trough SPDIF (optical), and get Dolby Digital or DTS (It's works perfectly under Windows XP(x86), playing music and viewing MKT movies under Dolby or DTS). But when I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (x64), and try to configure the audio, everything works wrong. I've download the latest drivers from Intel's web page, or use Vista drivers in compatibility mode.I want to know if one of the drives that you are using will help me, and wich one is the indicated. I want to run Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) (I already bought), but with the crappy sound, and the inability of gettin proper dolby digital live, or DTS, i moved back again into xp.

Thank you so much.

Leandro.

Hello to all!

I need help because I run out of ideas, and tests.

I have D945GNT mobo, with the Intel High Definition Audio (STAC9220/9223), and I'm use to connect my machine to a Yamaha receiver trough SPDIF (optical), and get Dolby Digital or DTS (It's works perfectly under Windows XP(x86), playing music and viewing MKT movies under Dolby or DTS). But when I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (x64), and try to configure the audio, everything works wrong. I've download the latest drivers from Intel's web page, or use Vista drivers in compatibility mode.I want to know if one of the drives that you are using will help me, and wich one is the indicated. I want to run Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) (I already bought), but with the crappy sound, and the inability of gettin proper dolby digital live, or DTS, i moved back again into xp.

Thank you so much.

Leandro.

You may have to do some fiddling to get them to work as they should.

I mod the base parts so the should install for all, but you will need to mod the INI to match your setup (from original INI)

Have a read through this thread, to get an idea of what you are up against and what all the effort will get you

Remade 6277

Added latest versions of files from previous drivers, including SRS.

Made some changes to the INF to allow for the above.

Working rather nicely for me.

Guest Leandro Sisca

I mod the base parts so the should install for all, but you will need to mod the INI to match your setup (from original INI)

Have a read through this thread, to get an idea of what you are up against and what all the effort will get you

Yes, I know that is difficult to make it work. I have read this thread several times, and I have a few questions. First of all, wich version of the modded package do you recommend to me, and when you told me that I have to mod the ini to match my setup, is good to get a copy of the ini that is working into my XP, and try to merge into the seven ini?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Leandro.

Yes, I know that is difficult to make it work. I have read this thread several times, and I have a few questions. First of all, wich version of the modded package do you recommend to me, and when you told me that I have to mod the ini to match my setup, is good to get a copy of the ini that is working into my XP, and try to merge into the seven ini?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Leandro.

All the modded drivers are pretty well the same, once you sort one then doing the next will be a breeze.

Start with the latest, the reason why you are probably here to get the newest drivers :)

I found this, I don't know If Its help.

DAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7681&SUBSYS_8086303&REV_1032\4&359EB0A8&0&0201

And also I figure it out that my WDM Folder, instead of having STWRT & STWRT64 has STHDA & STHDA64

Thanks in advance!

I found this, I don't know If Its help.

DAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7681&SUBSYS_8086303&REV_1032\4&359EB0A8&0&0201

And also I figure it out that my WDM Folder, instead of having STWRT & STWRT64 has STHDA & STHDA64

Thanks in advance!

The STHDA vs STWRT thing means you have an XP driver. If your sig is correct, then you need to get a different driver.

Guest quesion

How do I install 6277? I downloaded and extracted the file from the first post, but there is no setup.exe like usual, and device manager doesn't allow me to manually add it.

Dell Precision 380, Win7 64.

Thank you

Guest HannesTheHun

seems to me that the current 6277 archive only contains the contents of the WDM directory

should I just copy the stuff over to the WDM dir of an old driver package or wait for re-up?

Guest Sharki

hello,

I have troubles installing most recent drivers for my device in VAIO FE31M. the built in audio chip is the following:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7661&SUBSYS_104D0C00&REV_1042

the installer of version idt_6263.0 works and when the warning is prompted, that this drivers not digitally signed and possibly not right for my hardware, I can ignore this and finish setup.

but after the setup and restarting the device is deactivated with the error code 10: "device cannot be started". whats the reason for this, what did I do wrong?

thx in advance for your efforts, looking forward to a solution

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also wondering how to install this driver (v6277). After downloading it, there's no executable and I'm unsure as to whether or not all the proper pieces are included for a full, proper installation.

I'm using a Dell XPS M1330 and downloaded the modded WRT.ini file made by fis6h (thanks!) but I didn't want to uninstall my current driver if I didn't have everything required for a successful installation.

I would sincerely appreciate it if someone could answer the questions regarding how to install this driver since there's several people waiting for advice.

Thanks a ton for everyone's efforts to help!

I believe you need to download both the official 6277 release as well as the modded 6277, then overwrite any existing files in the official release with the modded one.

You can then run the Setup.exe from there.

However the modded 6277 release is missing the WRT.ini file, which you can get from the the earlier modded 6263 release.

Anyway the modded 6277 will work if managed properly, as I did with my Dell Inspiron 1520. Details in here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/26741-nice-idt-modded-drivers-for-dell-inspiron-1520-for-win-7vista/

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

I have troubles installing most recent drivers for my device in VAIO FE31M. the built in audio chip is the following:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7661&SUBSYS_104D0C00&REV_1042

the installer of version idt_6263.0 works and when the warning is prompted, that this drivers not digitally signed and possibly not right for my hardware, I can ignore this and finish setup.

but after the setup and restarting the device is deactivated with the error code 10: "device cannot be started". whats the reason for this, what did I do wrong?

thx in advance for your efforts, looking forward to a solution

I'm not sure if you can do this with your Sony Vaio FE31M laptop, Sharki. the modded IDT drivers in these forums were meant to be used only under Dell laptops with Sigmatel/IDT Audio chipsets, but you can give it a shot.

um, forget the IDT build 6263 drivers. use the 6277 drivers instead.

I'll have to get a copy of Sony's Sigmatel/IDT 6.10.5921 drivers first, take a look at one of the INI files and then attempt to come up with a "modded" INI file that may work on the Vaio laptop. Be prepared for a lot of trial and error because getting these newly modded drivers to work on older Dell laptops and any non-Dell laptops takes so much effort and testing.

I may give the modded 6277 drivers a chance on my mom's Dell Inspiron e1405 notebook computer.

I believe you need to download both the official 6277 release as well as the modded 6277, then overwrite any existing files in the official release with the modded one.

You can then run the Setup.exe from there.

However the modded 6277 release is missing the WRT.ini file, which you can get from the the earlier modded 6263 release.

this is no longer okay by me.

modded 6277 on Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop on the first two attempts - epic failure, failure, FAILURE!!

hardware id is slightly different from Dell 1520 > begins with "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690"

not surprising that the 6277 idt drivers didn't work...at least not yet. I'll keep on trying several more times.

and comparing the 6277 stwrt.sys files between official and modded 6277 packs, one is dated 1/30/2010 while the other one (from Dell's R266088 package) is dated 4/7/2010.

mobilenvidia needs to re-package the modded 6277 drivers to include a setup program, bigtime - use R266088 pack to obtain official IDT 6.10.6277.0 drivers.

Edited by erp-ster7n

Guest VibeBlast

Wait which one am I supposed to download? I have windows 7 and it's a 32 bit. But I don't know which driver I'm supposed to download. I tried downloading the latest one and then clicking opening it up but there is no set up file.

Wait which one am I supposed to download? I have windows 7 and it's a 32 bit. But I don't know which driver I'm supposed to download. I tried downloading the latest one and then clicking opening it up but there is no set up file.

As selphie said earlier, VibeBlast, you need to download both official AND unofficial/modded v6277 packages - Dell's R266088 pack and then the modded v6277 drivers. Run R266088 to extract the files to \Dell\drivers\R266088\ folder and when its setup program starts up, cancel it. then extract the driver files from the "modded" 6277 package onto the \Dell\drivers\R266088\WDM\ folder and overwrite all the files, then you mave to edit the stwrt.ini and stwrt64.ini files, add your hardware id no onto them and point the hardware id/device id to use the WRT.INI file and save changes.

mobilenvidia still has not yet re-packaged the v6277 drivers to include a setup file. not good. :) so you will have to install the modded 6277 drivers manually from Device Manager which makes things a little harder. :) the 6277 package should be at least 13Mb in size and not 5.2Mb in size.

until mobilenvidia provides a revised v6277 driver pack, you'll have to do the above stuff, VibeBlast.

btw - I finally got the v6277 drivers to work on the Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop; built-in laptop speakers, ok. stereo headphones, ok though the left & right audio was reversed meaning sounds that were supposed to come out of the left speaker came out on the right side of the headphones and vice-versa. nevertheless, I got sound on the laptop speakers and the headphones.

Edited by erp-ster7n