LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Modded Sigmatel/IDT audio drivers are here

mobilenvidia

idt_sound.jpg

[uPDATE 26th April] Added Andrea Sound Processing support

idt_andrea.jpg

[uPDATE 27th April] Added Beam forming settings to Andrea, and a full compliment of Preference to play with

idt_pref.jpg

A mammoth effort of modding/testing/hair pulling and near divorce have finallly bought you guys a working Sigmatel/IDT driver.

*It works in both Vista x32/x64 and Windows 7 x32/x64

*Installer works

*Update via control panel works but has an error for older STAC92xx chipsets (just ignore it)

*IDT Control Panel is accessable via the taskbar

Features available now:

*SRS Premium Sound, with presets and custon settings

*Bass Management

*Equalizer with many presets and custon settings

*Customizable Control Panel look

*Power Management features

*Jack Monitoring

*AC97 front panel support

The above are available on my Dell Inspiron E1705/9400

So other chipset could get more settings enabled.

The driver supports all known Sigmatel and IDT chipsets.

What will probably happen with future feature updates is downloadable INI (not INF) files to customize the driver even further.

Should work happily with ST/IDT integrated Sound Motherboards, Notebook, and desktop top Chipsets.

For the driver link head on over here

Feedback welcomed and enjoy :)

[uPDATE]

Added both versions of 10.6162 the latest drivers that I know of.

Mobile... if this works on my M1730 I tip my hat to you. I modded an older Studio XPS driver some time back for the M1730. It worked but had issues. I gave up on it and have been stuck with Dell's POS Sigmatel driver ever since.

Downloading now and will post results. Thanks for all your efforts!

---------------

UPDATE:

Just installed. Sadly there is no audio playback whatsoever from the internal speakers. Headphone jacks are working - but nothing else. I'll poke around the config and see what I can find... :)

Edited by MrZero

Guest warden

hp pavilion dv7 vista x64 - no audio playback from the internal speakers and headphone jacks.. :) / Version 6.10.6159.0 DriverVer=02/23/2009,6.10.6159.0 Vista/Windows 7 x32/x64 /

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 6.10.6162.3 DriverVer=03/06/2009,6.10.0.6162 Vista/Windows 7 x32/x64

Version 6.10.6162.0 DriverVer=03/02/2009,6.10.6162.0 Vista/Windows 7 x32/x64

Error: The request for '/error/404' was not found on this server.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hp pavilion dv7 vista x64 - no audio playback from the internal speakers and headphone jacks.. :) / Version 6.10.6159.0 DriverVer=02/23/2009,6.10.6159.0 Vista/Windows 7 x32/x64 /

Version 6.10.6162.3 DriverVer=03/06/2009,6.10.0.6162 Vista/Windows 7 x32/x64

Version 6.10.6162.0 DriverVer=03/02/2009,6.10.6162.0 Vista/Windows 7 x32/x64

Error: The request for '/error/404' was not found on this server.

You uninstalled the previous driver first ?

404 error may have been when I was uploading an updated vesion.

UPDATE:

Just installed. Sadly there is no audio playback whatsoever from the internal speakers. Headphone jacks are working - but nothing else. I'll poke around the config and see what I can find... :)

Little question on the tiny subwoofer on a dell inspiron 9400.

Subwoofer isn't working, maybe a hint or o possible solution?

Sounds like two problems I experienced on some other drivers I worked with. I had a driver that had no output on internal speakers (headphone and mic both produced output) and it didn't have the subwoofer option. I was able to fix the internal audio but never got around to the subwoofer issue. Since its not just me, I'll go back and see if I can figure anything out later today. Mind you I will be doing this in XP but maybe it will carry over.

with my current drivers i have no playback from the internal speakers and only the left channel through the headphone jack... I just thought it was a faulty motherboard cause I had just replaced my old motherboard and reinstalled Vista

oh boy, I must try different drivers now that it might just be the drivers (hoping!)

DriverVer=03/06/2009,6.10.0.6162 Vista/Windows 7 x32/x64, Installs fine, but no sound via internal or headphones. Also it was odd to see that it detected "Dual Headphones" on my system.

This is on a Gateway P6831-FX

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B0&SUBSYS_107B0692&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B0&SUBSYS_107B0692

with my current drivers i have no playback from the internal speakers and only the left channel through the headphone jack... I just thought it was a faulty motherboard cause I had just replaced my old motherboard and reinstalled Vista

oh boy, I must try different drivers now that it might just be the drivers (hoping!)

Sorry, but this sounds like the classic broken headphone jack problem. Its probably your hardware, and thus, no driver can help you.

i didnt think it was, but i was hoping =P

oh, and I get no sound with these drivers

Seems to be functionnal on Dell XPS M1530 (IDT 9228X). I have not tested yet the HDMI output but it's the first time I have it on modded drivers. Thanks :)

I'm making some changes to the INI file now that may fix some of the no sound issues

IDT/ST use 2 main speaker and more headphone registry settings.

duplicating these now for each scenario

has anyone gotten these working using windows 7? I am running win 7 7077 x64, on a dell latitude e6500, which has an IDT card. they didnt seem to install properly, went through normally, then it said no audio device installed. had me restart to finish, and when i did, it seems to have reverted to the stock win7 drivers.

Guest Guest

Hi.

Just tested these drivers on my Dell XPS M1330

No sound in my speakers (but get sound when headset connected to audio out(jackplug)

I'm running on Windows 7 RC (7100) ..but i've encounterd this behavour before on mod drivers (but it allways works on the official Dell drivers from dell.com)

Would be nice if someone could mod it so that Dell xps M1330 support is up and running!

Well, looked promising there for my XPS M1710, but the headphone socket is dead. Speakers work OK, mic looks like it's working, subwoofer option absent.

I get "Speakers and dual headphones" detected for both the Playback and Recording devices. I have used headphones as a mic in the past in an emergency, but it's not normal... :)

Bizarrely, while the driver was installing, I did get sound through the headphone socket. The sequence went pretty much like this:

• started with no audio at all (speaker icon has an X next to it).
  • started driver installation
  • once volume icon appeared during installation, I clicked the slider and got the "beep" through the headphones
  • unplugged the headphones, clicked, sound came through speakers
  • plugged headphones back in, sound came through headphones
  • once driver installation completed, headphones were dead.

Dunno if that helps, but I'm going to have to go back to Dell's wonderful feature poor driver until this works. I can live without the subwoofer to a certain extent, but headphones I can't sadly. Shame, 'cos it looks beaut.

Tried re-installing? It may work or not. Try and see.

Does not work with the XPS 1730 Vista x64

headphones work, but no mic or speakers.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7

Edited by Zolutar

Excellent to see new modded drivers appear for this driver-starved piece of hardware!

That said, a bug report. It refuses to recognise my 5.1 speaker setup, insisting I have Stereo speakers. This is using analogue.

Dell m1330 running Windows 7 Release Candidate 64-bit.

EDIT - Actually, the Windows 7 stock drivers appear to do this as well, annoying. Going to try the Vista drivers.

EDIT2 - The Dell Sigmatel Vista drivers work fine, including all speakers. Shame the drivers have 0 features.

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

DEll XPS 1530, Vista 32

Sound is great, took a little tweaking to get the front jacks to work but just had to change one setting for that. The only down side i can see with these is the SRS, its sucks, my music sounds "better" but at the expense of wobbly volume and pitch. With SRS turned off i can notice a difference in quality(good change) from my old drivers. im yet to try the HDMI sounds.

Interesting. I have an IDT chipset on this laptop, I'll give it a shot and see how things go.

EDIT: Ick, all sound is dead when its installed. Looking into it...

EDIT 2: Nope, still nothing. Everything I try is still silent. Guess I better just forget these and go back to the regular drivers. What a pain...

Edited by Viper114

Dell Vostro 1500

No audio on speakers. I can't test the headphone jack atm, but I need speakers anyway. Looking forward to a later release

I had sigmatel on my desktop pc thats long gone stupid machine....there's a Sigmatel on Intel DP35DP in someone need a driver its on intel site...

Nice CPL by the way...i had bit different

Edited by blazpristy

Anyone can test it with a HP dv5?