LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Modded Sigmatel/IDT audio drivers are here

mobilenvidia

I don't think many people are gonna have much luck with this. It has always been my impression that IDT audio codecs are manufacturer specific configurations, even if moboard chipsets/device ID's are the same. I suspect most folks that get it to work as intended will have Dell lappies. That being said, thought I would try it anyway. Unfortunately, it looks great, but doesn't wok on my HP HDX Dragon. Only front speakers and headphones work, and it only gives me stereo mode option(although two other modes show). Nice try though, sounds like you put some work into it.

Do these work under WinXP? If not, is an XP set being worked on?

He has 2 threads going on this driver set. The answer to your question, which is maybe, is here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st&p=112916

I have currently been doing a little work on XP sigmatel drivers. Link a set of IDT drivers to me in a PM and I will try to get to it next week.

I'm guessing mobilenvidia is going to be caught up with these Vista drivers for awhile though.

I should be able to work on XP soon, not much more to enable in Vista that I know of.

XP doesn't dual boot well with Vista/Win 7 so testing won't be easy.

Driver installs fine, but now I get a code 10 error and driver won't start with the new inf.

Guest Guest

I get the "Code 10" also. Dell XPS M1530 Vist 64-Bit.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E&REV_1004

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E

Install fine for me, but no settings are kept now :)

May need to look at some drastic beta testing to see if I can get the drivers to work for all then add goodies afterwards.

Added v1.006 Aplha to start testing Chipset support.

Please report back if your Chipset now installs/works.

Im sorry Pieter my vaio burned many days ago so cant tell u much about few things i found out some time ago but might be comming soon. I had opportunity to see some drivers and... well... ini files are very diff in some parts from the ini of my vaio in official site, from intel site, dell, etc. Specially the jack configs have are very different (at least from mobile to desktop cards). From what ive seen on them i guess each config just fully works with few sound cards. Besides each driver itself already have many diff configs comming from 1 only manufacturer. My conclusion is that this is not so universal with a called "unified architecture" like nvidia drivers so you will have to add many particular configs specific for each type of card. So far i just could install any drivers with the ini from vaio site driver which has no enhancements or tweaks unfortunately.

Ill test them when my vaio is back. Until there i can only wish you very good luck with your excelent work :)

With version 6.10.6162.3 and Inf v1.006a on my SigmaTel HD9205 the audio seems to be working and is amplified correctly :)

SRS has dissapeared from the config panel, but andreas functionnality seems to be there (with all the options I had on the original drivers)

The internal micros are detected, but give no sound, same for the external one (detected as line in)

And there is no stereo-mix (the official drivers didn't have it either)

First, thanks for all your hard work on modding these drivers for us. But... with the new "alpha" inf, I still get a code 10.

If it helps. I can attach the inf's from the Gateway version of the driver I've been using that works flawlessly.

Each OEM has specific INI's for their Hardware (just like nVidia make for their Notebook graphics)

Each INI then allow for specific settings of Speakers, Headphones blabla.

v1.006 has no OEM settings as all, so it will install default settings.

Now like Forcewae modded INFs I need to try to make a modded INI that pleases the most folk.

BUT I won't be able to allow for each Setup as this would mean a gazillion INI's.

Anywho a work in progress and I could possibly make 2-3 INI's for different setups

These installed flawlessly and the sound quality is very noticeable. Thank you very much for these awesome drivers!

Guest Guest

TY for the drivers. They work very nicely in win 7. They make the sound really nice and crisp. The only down side is that no mic works with this driver. It does detect the built in mic and line in mic but no sounds can be heard from them. This is on Dell Vostro 1500. Everything works on xp but not after i install your driver. Is there anything that can be done to get mic to work again.

Yea you're right Pieter. I mean that there are more variants of cards so less folks will be pleased.

You wont be able to make gazilions of INIs but if i can pick my manufacturer INI and apply its changes in your INI to make it work on some more cards, so anyone could do the same for their cards and send you them to include in your modded drivers and have a lot more cards working perfectly. :)

You could call those INIs a Folk Unofficial Modded Sigmatel/IDT audio drivers support hehehehe xD