LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Forceware 181.72 Windows 7 (Windows Update)

mobilenvidia

About time we got some WDM1.1 love!

It's been a while since we got the 181.71 drivers, and the WDM1.0 has made some fairly decent progress since that.

Little disappointed with it only being a minor 181.72 release, but I guess Windows7 and WDM1.1 doesn't really have any priority yet, not before we are closing in at RTM.

For me the 182.50 has worked quite a bit better than the 181.71, lets hope 181.72 gives something extra to the WDM1.1 drivers, but my hopes aren't that high after reading that these 181.72 are dated 26.02.09, along with the driver number has only increased from 181.71 --> 181.72, can't expect something revolutionary from that :)

Guest steve30x

Wow I se ramguy moaning because its just a .01 update lol. This could mean absolutely nothing what you are worried about and could actually mean a much better driver. Also I have seen a report that a guy on another forum has gotten this driver through windows update today. He got Driver Version is 8.15.11.8172

Guest Obiwan

Why bother? the driver is using outdated base code and nothing makes use of the newer wddm 1.1 functions anyway.

182's and 185's are the drivers you all want to be using, not only for function sake, but minimizing power consumption...

Why bother? the driver is using outdated base code and nothing makes use of the newer wddm 1.1 functions anyway.

DWM uses WDDM 1.1 and it results in less RAM usage when having multiple windows open.

182's and 185's are the drivers you all want to be using, not only for function sake, but minimizing power consumption...

What? Power consumption?

YOU have a serious problem with the modded infs!The 32bit modded inf is for 64bit and the 64bit modded inf is for 32bit.

Hi,

Problem here for W7 Build 7100 x64: doesn't want to install cause the .inf is for 32 bits... :)

Slight link reversal (x64/x32) all fixed now

I got 181.71 via WU and I am using the latest W7 build out there, the RC. What is the difference between the one posted here and the one I got via WU? Mine is WDM 1.1 and i is 181.71.

post-36344-1240911069_thumb.jpg

post-36344-1240911215_thumb.png

Edited by Wishmaker

Same s*** for me, I still have a kind of flickering/trembling/shaking on my 3500M each time I open a new window. :)

Guest Guest
I got 181.71 via WU and I am using the latest W7 build out there, the RC. What is the difference between the one posted here and the one I got via WU? Mine is WDM 1.1 and i is 181.71.

181.71 supports mobile GPUs like 8800M

181.72only supports desktop equivalents (e.g. no 8800M)

I forgot to say I'm using windows 7 build 7077.

• 2 weeks later...