LaptopVideo2Go Forums

"nVIDIA ForceWare X 179.67 for Windows Vista 32bit" On Toshiba Satellite X205

Zakrued

Hi this is my first time installing drivers so i really not know if i installed the right Driver for my Graphic Card. I installed the 179.67 Driver since i saw my graphic card on the list which is a GeForce 8700m GT. However after installing the Driver my screen gets these static lines once in a while mostly while loading a game or app, its annoying but it does not affect performance. another problem i ran into was my computer seems to be overheating a the last few days it keeps shunting down by itself while im playing Aion China Client. Can anyone help me with my problem, Thank you very much.

With the modded driver, there is no need to search for your gpu on the list, the 8700M GT will work with all the actual drivers if you add the .inf :)

What is the temperature of you card when it is overheating ? (above 90° is dangerous for your gpu, look with GPU-Z or RivaTuner)

You can clean the ventilation system of you computer to make your gpu and cpu less hot (if there is alot of dust inside your ventilation system, it might be the cause of an overheating)

i DLed GPU-Z and it says its temp is around 94 to 96 which is bad.... how do i solve this problem ??

d7p.png

This it what i have

Edited by Zakrued

First look if your ventilation system is working correctly (if the ventilator isn't blocked by dust), and if needed clean it. (but don't open your computer yet if you are still under warranty :) )

If the ventilation is working correctly and you are still under warranty and getting such temperatures, try to make them change your GPU (you might have one of the faulty G84M)

Edited by gtnrkt

Probably the cooling system is underspecced from the beginning as the memory seems to be underclocked by 100 MHz compared to default .

thanx for the the help, im not sure if my warranty is up yet. i bought it around thanks giving of 2007 which has been already a year and its been working find until recently. i tried cleaning the ventilations but did not open the laptop, will there be parts i cant clean without opening the comp? it just started heating up recently could there be other causes?

This was about 1hour of playtime

926.png

Looks pretty bad...

Edited by Zakrued

The contact between GPU and cooling element may be degraded. But probably dust is the major factor, opening may be required to a better cleaning. You could try blowing pressurized air into the cooling system. (I used a vacuum cleaner to suck dust with a tiny nozzle made by myself.)