LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Macbook Pro 15" 9600m gt o/c - 9700m gt speeds

Guest Saint Luke

Guest Saint Luke

Ok so after a lot of searching, and a bit of trial and error to find a way to get my macbook pro's 9600m gt (256mb ddr3) overclocked to the 9700m gt speeds - 623/1548/808 c/s/m in rivatuner. Im using dox 185.68 forceware in vista ultimate x86. I was stoked to get it oc'd via drivers, as i wasnt about to go flashing the bios. I also have powermizer switch set to ac off. GPU temps increased only by a few degrees, with the fans set to permanantly fast before and after, but they're only set this way because the fan control leaves a little to be desired in vista. If someone could point me in the direction of a good fan control util that works with vista and a macbook pro i'd be real happy.

Unfortunately i saved over the top of my results from standard bootcamp 2.1 nvidia driver so i cant compare there. But standard clockspeeds with the dox 185.68 forceware drivers i got 5883 3dmarks which was higher than ive seen others get with the same video card, so not sure how much the drivers helped there. After overclocking it i got 6656 3dmkars which i was more than happy with considering the minimal temperature increase. I was tempted to see how much further i could clock it but the risks start to outweigh the benefits :)

Cheers

Luke