LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware M5750 Nvidia Quadro FX770 :(

Guest protivakid

Guest protivakid

Well I got a good deal on a new FX 770 and figured i'd give it a go in my Alienware M5750. Everythnig went well, had to dremel the head pad a little but overall it fit. Well I turned on the laptop and got the dreaded "MXM Structure not found" Aka the 30sec timeout other's have been having when upgrading to say the 9600m. Without manually modifying the BIOS is there any way to fix this?

~Christopher

The BIOS is probably not recognizing the MXM card. Or the MXM card you have fitted in is a different MXM version than the one you have as in 2.1 vs 2.0 or 1.0.

I have the same problem, but 30s is nothing if after waiting everything work well.

I know people can flash the vbios to get the card to run at full clocks once in windows but how do I get past the 30 sec issue at startup?

And the 30 sec issue wouldn't be bad IF my Alienware didn't give a terribly loud system beep every second for 30secs while on the screen lol. I wouldn't be able to bring it to class and if i broguht it to play games over a friends they'd all be like "WTF?" lol.

Edited by protivakid

Guest Guest

skipping the 30 sec beeping is not possible , only if you modify in aasembler your motherboard bios to add a string/id name of a nvidia g94/96, but however the card function well? have you tried with 3gb of ram ? and can you tell me your score in 3dmark 06 at standard resolution and standard frequency 500core 1250 shaders and 800memory.

Guest Guest

Please, can you upload here your original vbios of your fx770 please because i have flashed my fx770 with an bios of an nvidia 9600m gt and now i have black screen :)

Currently the card is not in my system though if I put it back in yes I can give you the original bios. And my system has 4gb of ram in it so if I put it back in deciding to deal w/ the 30 sec issue i'll give you my 3D mark score though to be honest if there is no way around the issue i'll probably just sell the card.

thank you very much :) , as soon as yuo can, please upload here your bios, thanks again.