LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600m gt to acer 5520G?

tmac

hi everyone

i found 9600m gt with acer bios and i want to upgrade my 8400m g to 9600m gt.

i know that i can upgrade to 8600m gt without problems but i found this 9600m gt cheaper than 8600m gt.is it possible to upgrade?

thanks a lot!

Here's a picture of the cards spec.

9600mgtacer.th.jpg

Edited by tmac

Hello man, I have a question for You & I'm Searching a Answer alot of Times Without any Idea if I can do it , Right now I got 9600M GT (DDR2 512MB) in my Laptop (HP Pavilion DV5, 1179 EJ) 4Giga RAM - CPU P8400 2.26 - HDD 500Giga 7200, I really want to know if it's impossible to Upgrade my Graphic Card to other one like 9800M GT.

I hope u can tell me some information about that because , I'm really have Searching any Info about this alot of times , I have too post in this forum a question before 3/4 month without any Answer.

BTW Maybe u know how to Over Clock my Graphic Card better then now so If u got any of Idea please tell me.

Thanks alot. :)

Edited by La PRO

anyone?

Hello man, I have a question for You & I'm Searching a Answer alot of Times Without any Idea if I can do it , Right now I got 9600M GT (DDR2 512MB) in my Laptop (HP Pavilion DV5, 1179 EJ) 4Giga RAM - CPU P8400 2.26 - HDD 500Giga 7200, I really want to know if it's impossible to Upgrade my Graphic Card to other one like 9800M GT.

I hope u can tell me some information about that because , I'm really have Searching any Info about this alot of times , I have too post in this forum a question before 3/4 month without any Answer.

Impossible - almost as the cards have a different form factor 9800 being bigger. So perhaps some grinding and moving components etc might work - if you want to take the risk to ruin the card / laptop most probably; and there is the chance of bios incompability, too. Not to speak of power problems furthermore.

Guest Armin

You just need to check if 9600m GT is MXM II compatible and you will be able to upgrade your 5520G...

Once more search the nvidia official site for more details...

Or try on wikipedia...

As I read on other forums it is possible to put 9600M GT instead of 8600M GS or 8600M GT because they are both MXM II compatible...

9600 M GT cannot be replaced by 9800M GT because of the size of the card... 9600M GT is MXM II and 9800M GT is MXM III compatible...

This means that the slot used for 9600M GT is incompatible with 9800M GT...

Hope this will help...

Chears