LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Atheros utility in Vista x64 ?

trulyx

Hello,

does anybody know if Atheros have released a Vista compatible utility (like the one they have bundled their XP drivers) for their their 5xxx series chipsets?

Are they planning on releasing one?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way to use the "Super-G" feature (108 mbps WLAN) without the utility?

I'm stuck with 54 mbps in Vista x64 (using a TP-Link card).

Thanks.

Try the Lenovo one posted around here somewhere it works, you just need to get rid of the boot error (not critical)

It works in Vista x64

Only known CU that does

I just installed that program, couldn't find anything useful there, no Super-G settings or anything similar.

I did however install the newest Atheros drivers and it added an option that wasn't there before.

34g7o5j.jpg

It doesn't seem to do anything though, since the connection speed remains at 54 mbps.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=23479 is the link your after.

You need to delve deep in to the bowls of the program to get the most out of it.

It may not support Super G as most apps don't.

The lenovo app is useful as it also works with other WLAN makes, ie intel

I find it quite awkward to use, but for Atheros owners its the best and only there is.

Ralink are the best with CU for Vista