LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sparklan WPEA-110N (Atheros AR9280) and FN Key issue

Guest Flo

Guest Flo

Hey,

i have a problem concerning my Sparklan WPEA-110N Wireless Card with Atheros Chipset AR9280 and my laptop which is a Samsung Q310. I installed the drivers from this website correctly and so far the card is working flawlessly (OS is Windows XP SP3). Only problem is that the card is permanently on, means that it can't be turned off by the laptop's FN key.

Are there maybe any tweaks so i can modify the INF. file? Which passages would I have to change?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Have a look in the original driver (or download an unmodded one)

Near the bottom of the tweaks is a Samsung section (only small) try inserting this into the INF

You will need a text editor

Put it in with the other tweaks in the modded INF (but NOT the [ and ] as they are section headers

Guest Flo

The problem is that there is no original driver, Sparklan is just providing Vista drivers. So I don't really know where to look for this Samsung section or what I would have to change exactly. Sorry but I'm not really fit in this INF modding stuff. Could you maybe explain to me step by step what I have to do? Perhaps first of all can I even get an unmodded XP driver for this card?

Thank you.

OK had a look and the Samsung section has no fix for your problem.

Samsung may need a special driver or software to run the HW switch.

Having the WIFI on all the time is an issue ?

I leave mine on, while the computer is on, it does switch off when you go in to stanby

Client Utility should be able to also turn off the radio.