LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85 is out

Galdere

Just to clarify, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AW190 with 9600M GT 512MB memory.

Found this under supported GPU's:

The following notebooks are not supported in this release:

Hybrid SLI notebooks:

Acer Aspire 7530

BenQ Joybook S42

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 3650

MSI EX630

Qosmio X305-Q706

Qosmio X305-Q708

Fujitsu notebooks ? (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks). Note: Fujitsu Siemens (FSC) notebooks are supported in this release

Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)

Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)

Any notebook that is launched after the release date of this driver

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Chad

• x64Man

• CloudVN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh ok, didn't scroll down far enough. All this time for nothing on my part :x

Thanks for the catch at least

The mobile Quadro FX Release 185.85 d/ls can be found here:

Win7 x86

Win7 x64

Vista x86

Vista x64

Win XP

Quadro NVS is supported in yet another d/l (search nvidia.com)...

It cannot find my Quadro NVS 140, although nvidia.com says it's supported. I wonder why is that?

Maybe there are vendor specific IDs?

Would a modified INF help me?

Guest bluefox

Ugh the performance took a huge hit in this release from .81 but other than that it seems ok just dont understand why the decrease in gaming performance.

Lost 300 points in 3dmark06 score and anywhere from 5-10 fps in games compared to 185.81 kinda strange I will be definately switching back.

This is not working for me. It only provides me the option to install the HD audio, but not the display driver???

I completely uninstalled the previous driver, rebooted - checked device manager and only the default/generic vga controller was there.

Then re-ran the setup (Windows 7 64bit) and this is all I see, why?

The nvidia page shows my product is supported too:

GeForce 9600M GT

Read the release notes - Sony support tends to be missing.

But via have disk method you might get it to work - but it's largely hit or miss with lots of trying.

Probably Sony does something not so nice to its drivers.

in Release Notes says that the Physx which comes with this driver shows correct version, 9.09.0408.

Guest Guest

Any idea when a modded INF to support Go 7900GS will be available? I'm stuck on my laptop while waiting for an RMA on my videocard. :_( Windows 7 performace hasn't been so great -_-

Thanks a lot.

Tried the mobile quadro version. No problems, works like the predecessors.

Guest Guest

Hi,

just installed the driver yesterday on my Asus V1S / 8600M GT. I've just noticed, overall powerusage went up by 8w (from 21w to 29w).

Thought this driver was to be supporting mobile GPUs, including power managment?

regards

Casey

Can't believe this. They didn't put the inf for my MSI in this release, but there was inf in beta..... They've screwed up something.

Edited by Kum Zblj

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-AR41S laptop/notebook with a NVIDIA 8600M GT card.

But when i try to install this for my Windows 7 it doesnt find any capable drivers to install?

Why?

And when i try to do it via device manager there is many drivers with the same name and version

so how on earth should i know the right one to pick???

HELP

Edited by vajlent

Read the release notes:

The following notebooks are not supported in this release:

Hybrid SLI notebooks:

Acer Aspire 7530

BenQ Joybook S42

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 3650

MSI EX630

Qosmio X305-Q706

Qosmio X305-Q708

Fujitsu notebooks ? (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks). Note: Fujitsu Siemens (FSC) notebooks are supported in this release

Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)

Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)

Any notebook that is launched after the release date of this driver

Btw, RivaTuner doesn't work - this is definite first during my experience with it!

Guest DELL Inspiron 1520 owner

Hi,

I've got a problem with RivaTuner - it is saying that this driver is not supported and I can't OC my GF 8600GT ;/ What can I do? Wait till new RivaTuner will show, or...? Please help me :)

Use NVidia Control Panel with NVidia System Tools.

Guest Guest

In RivaTuner you can enter the Power User settings and find the ForceDriverVersion under System. Be sure that the Hexadecimal button is unchecked and set the value to 18585.

Restart RiverTuna and your OC should work.

Does anyone understand the new .inf file management?

Also this driver does not seem to contain any PowerMizer settings, at least not the ones with the old registry entry names.

Guest unreactive

I can't install these drivers on my dell studio xps 13, it has a Geforce 9500M. (Says no supported card found, blah.)

I've followed the thread so far and none of the tips helped. Anyone else with the same laptop/video card with this problem?

Guest Guest

i have a problem with nvidia scaling, when i run games with resolutions that are diferent from the native one the image is not stretch and i tried to change to nvidia scaling but when i apply it comes back to "use my device built in scaling". It only happend with 185.81 and .85.

Does anyone understand the new .inf file management?

Also this driver does not seem to contain any PowerMizer settings, at least not the ones with the old registry entry names.

Yeah, PowerMizer still works, it's on by default when you install them, but it doesn't make the registry key "PerfLevelSrc" for you.

So just go into your registry, and make the PerfLevelSrc in the correct place and set it to 3322 (meaning off for AC, on for battery)

Works perfectly on my Acer Aspire 5920g, with a Geforce 8600m GT 256mb! :)

Edited by Enkeixpress

Can anyone tell me why the slew of notebooks AREN'T supported?

I'm using 185.81 with modified INF and wouldn't mind giving a set of official Nvidia drivers a test drive.

Unfortunately, as it's been mentioned before, there's a few laptops that aren't supported, including Lenovo ThinkPads.

Anyone know why this is?

Guest Faust
Can anyone tell me why the slew of notebooks AREN'T supported?

I'm using 185.81 with modified INF and wouldn't mind giving a set of official Nvidia drivers a test drive.

Unfortunately, as it's been mentioned before, there's a few laptops that aren't supported, including Lenovo ThinkPads.

Anyone know why this is?

Don't know.

I can tell you that the previous office nVidia drivers explicitly excluded Dell Vostros, but I was nevertheless able to install it on my Vostro.

And for some mysterious reason, with this latest version, Vostros have been removed from the exclusion list.

Well so what driver should i use for my VAIO VGN-AR41S then? :)

Edited by vajlent