LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85 is out

Galdere

Hi guys, is there a chance to have a modded .inf to this "http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_185.85_whql.html" version. Is a DESKTOP version that supports natively all gpus from 6 to 9 series, gtx cards also.

This desktop driver has versions to xp, vista and w7.

Probably can give us a better performance than mobile driver version.

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Chad

• x64Man

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest MCunha
Compare the original driver's inf to the new one, copy the lines that control brightness to the new driver's inf, reinstall.

Easy, isn't it? Well, not :)

Really thanks for you help...

In time, this isn't the problem. The inf I use to install was the one modded to 185.81 (changed only the line from version).

In that inf, the lines referring to brightness:

HKR,,EnableBrightnessControl
HKR,,OverlayBrightness
HKR,,PanelBrightnessLimits
HKR,,VMBrightness
HKR,,_PV1_VAL_Brightness
HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl,	   %REG_DWORD%,	1

Did I miss something?

If I install the driver from Windows Update (179.29) I do have several brightness control and automatic adjustments (like auto fading after some time away, similar to apple computers). But his driver (179.29) keep crashing the display!

Regards.

Temperature of this newest driver is the same as the previous 179.48, but seems games' performances get slower for me. I can see the framerates drop slightly in Mirror Edge, i'm testing on Riddick arena now, i have 9600m gt with ddr2 by the way.

Once again, unininstalled via control panel, rebooted and

went directly to device manager. I see what's shown in

screenshot.

If I even uninstall THAT generic vga controller driver, then I cannot

install the nvidia manually because a hardware scan will end up

reinstalling either the MS provided nvidia driver or the generic vga

one again

I had the same problem; with Rivatuner's nVStrap setting my card back to a 8600 GT [without the "m"!] or left as 8600 GTS

I went back to 185.81 in the end.

Guest Guest

these drivers made right clicking on the desktop take about 3 full seconds, as opposed to instantly (relatively speaking) with my previous drivers (185.68)

Does anyone else notice extremely long right-click wait times with these drivers? when i switched back to 185.68, right clicking on the desktop to bring up the menu appears almost instantly..

are they dox 185.68? those are optimised to open quicker (be more responsive) i think.

@ambientmf: "It's too bad the Quadro FX release of 185.85 can't detect my 570M...

Has anyone else had problems with these drivers?

I'm running a ThinkPad T61p, Quadro FX 570M, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz...

PS: If there's a more appropriate place for help with these drivers, please point me in the right direction"

I experienced the same issue, moreover the way the driver is packaged seems to have changed - no nv4_disp.inf anymore. By pointing Windows XP to the nvbl.inf and telling to install only this anyways will lead to a funny screen with a brighness gradient.

And though, i doenloaded this driver directly from NVIDIA as Quadro Mobile driver...

Lenovo uses NVLT.INF (AFAIK) - is there such an inf? Using inf meant for another brand may cause errors.

I tried this again and used Driver Sweeper from GURU3D (deinstalling averything called NVIDIA*, driver sweep, reboot). Then it worked by using Windows XP "Update Driver", do not search, specific place, have disk, then point to NVBL.inf. Enforce install. Works.

Still, the driver is made for NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M and taken unmodified from NVIDIA's driver page, select: Quadro, Quadro FX series (notebooks, Quadro Graphics Driver, Windows XP, YOUR Language).

Nvbl.inf is for HP/Compaq, for other brands it may not work without some problems.

these drivers made right clicking on the desktop take about 3 full seconds, as opposed to instantly (relatively speaking) with my previous drivers (185.68)

Does anyone else notice extremely long right-click wait times with these drivers? when i switched back to 185.68, right clicking on the desktop to bring up the menu appears almost instantly..

It's a simple fix, go to Regedit.

Expand the following: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Delete NVContext in there.

You should only see "New" in there, if you see others, you can delete those two.

If you want to back up those keys just in case, right click on the ContextMenuHandlers key and click Export and save it to a .reg.

So, in the end, only New should be under the ContextMenuHandlers.

illmatic,

I tried your method and lost all desktop access to my controll panel tho. could someone look at this registry key and tell me the values?

Edited by Exile1975

mdeah..i have an hp pavilion dv-5 1171en with a nvidia 9600m gt and it seems this drivers had something to do with it..my aero score is getting low..and i have a screen flick when i play Titan Quest Immortal Throne..in other games seems ok but not in TQIT..why..maybe just because..is curious that new drivers are constantly out..and they say that a lot o issues are fix with them..but dis don't seems true for me..they concern and focalize their attention just upon the latest games release..and ommited some of the older ones wich for me some of them are better than the new ones..whatever..if someone know what's wrong..maybe you can tell me..if not thank you for reading this post..maybe for others long and borring..have a nice day all of you..

I have the same graphic card 9600m gt and it's down 0,1 point in aero graphic but that's just windows benchmark, can't tell you much though. But judging on games performance this latest driver made framerates slower, and it has been taken out from nvidia site which means it has some stability problems as we are experiencing.

Edited by CloudVN

Guest Crusoe

I downloaded the Dirver from the NVIDIA Page.

Won't work with my Toshiba X200-22E (8700M GT).

Like all other drivers above 185.20.

Install correct --> Reboot --> BlueScreen

Nice one NVIDIA -.-'

And that should be a WHQL Driver? I don't think so -.-'

Installed just fine on my Macbook Pro with 8600m GT... Not sure about performance though, feels aabout the same as my previous driver (Dox's latest drivers, optimised 185.65? or something like that)

Guest Ignax

Doesn't work ( hardware not found) with :

Hp Pavilion Dv6723El with 8400 M Gs ( should be supported) Graphic Adapter , 256 Mb dedicated Ram .

About a modded inf ?