LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GS temperature an overclock

Red89

hello i have one 8600M GS on acer aspire 5920g,I would want overclock my card but the temperature without overclock is in desktop mode up to 56-58° and in Games mode up to 80-90° C.

it can be a powder problem? or is normal???

the clock of my card in game is 450 core 900 shader 400 memory, but to nvidia official site the default clock are 600/1200/800.

I can raise the frequencies without to risk?

i use 179.40 driver.

Sorry for my bad English.

I hope you can help me

Guest Dante

That's a bit high if u ask me. I managed to overclock mine to 702/920/1750 and the higher temperatures that it gets while playing are about 80-85 c.

Have you tried cleaning coolers? I have a pretty similar notebook and the cooling system gets dirty and inefficient pretty quickly - I have to clean it at least every 2 months. Temperature drops are quite significant - usually about 10-20 degrees Celsius. You can do it either manually by partially disassembling your computer or use compressed air, which you can buy in most computer shops.

Good luck

Can make overclock with my driver???(179.40)

and which are the best ones driver for 8600M GS??