LaptopVideo2Go Forums

oc 9650m gt, safe temps?

jdlf

Hi guys,

I have an Nvidia 9650m gt (G96 core as the 9600m gt) whose default speeds are: 550/400/1375 (it is ddr2).

The max OC I have made is 20% (660/480/1650) and it has reached 79ºc till now.

Do you think it is a safe temp for that card? My priority is to ensure the card durability.

On normal use (powermizer on) its temps are 45-50 ºc

Thanks for all,

Jdlf

It's really safe, I'd consider upto 85 acceptable - that's about my max temperature.

So you think my card should keep healthy and not break for several years, till it gets antiquated? Cause some people say stuff like "it should last a year at least", and I don't want to "recycle" my laptop in a year!

Thanks for all,

jdlf

Edited by jdlf

Of course every second of use and raised temperature shortens the life but your figures are well within accepted and so should give many years of service. No idea what's the life expectancy but after three years probably it's time to upgrade after all.

• 6 months later...
Guest Sovthrone

Of course every second of use and raised temperature shortens the life but your figures are well within accepted and so should give many years of service. No idea what's the life expectancy but after three years probably it's time to upgrade after all.

I have an asus m50Vn with the same card, bu my idle temperature is 65c and when gaming the temperature can go well into the 80c. I am also habing a problem with counter strike and WoW, which results in my laptop freezing and 1 second later instantly shutting down. could these high temperatures have anyhting to do with this? Also I jsut got the driver issues fixed, I hoped it fixed that crashes, but it didn't ):

Your temperatures are highish and may cause lockups. Try to clean the cooling system and/or raise the laptop 1-2 inches. Idling should stay on or below 60 C.