LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP Dv5 OC 9600mGT 512DDR2 Problem...

tommy_o_liu

I try to flash my video card BIOS with Nibitor...but it can't read the bios...is anyone success before?

Actually i want to flash it to 9700mGT, is that any different between OC it with Rivatuner or Flash BIOS?

I know that 9700mGT Power Consumption is 45 Watt, which is higher than 9600m GT, i am thinking would i rise the power consumption will make it more stable and can OC higher MHz...Thanks~!

My current situation: Hp dv5 1060tx

CPU: X9100@3.06MHz (I have upgrade it manully from P8600)

GPU: 9600M GT DDR2 512

3Dmark 2006: 680/1640/560 @ 6330

Thanks~~

The HP bios might be combined to the system bios - at least I can't read my quadro, it gives some 22 kB file without anything meaningful in it.

At first, Nibitor can't flash anything. It can just read video bios, and write it to a file. You have to flash it with nvflash. I see you're using Win 7 x64. Nibitor isn't fully compatible with 64 bits, so you can't read the bios of your graphic card without a 32 bits windows.

There is no 9700M GT with DDR2 memory, if you try to flash your card with a 9700M GT bios, it'll be dead, and even if *magically* it works, the dv5 bios isn't compatible with 9700M GT for what I know.

To finish, it won't help in anyway to overclock better, the VGPU and VDDR can't be adjusted higher than the card can do. So, no gain.

Keep rivatuner, and don't try suicide experiences if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

Hope I helped :)

I see...but will it be more stable to OC if i increase the power consumption ??

When you're using rivatuner to bump frequencies up on GPU and memory, you're increasing power consumption :)

A GPU have a fixed power consumption just because having a frequency and a voltage. You increase it with higher frequencies or voltage. For voltage, it's hardware limited, you have to Vmod. For frequencies you already know how to do.

The 9700M GT have a bigger power consumption because of the higher frequencies (Voltages seems the same). Has simple as that. So, try to get a better cooling (Notebook cooler), or jump into the exciting Laptop Vmod suicide world.. and get a better cooling :)

If you can, try to dump your Vbios with GPU-Z, and open it with Nibitor. If you can change the max voltage in 3D mode (I doubt it, but why not to try), You'll be able to go higher for the GPU/shader clock.

• 2 weeks later...

CPU: X9100@3.06MHz (I have upgrade it manully from P8600)

how did you do that ???

• 2 weeks later...