• MobileArtist

• JME-jjj175

• 2DXtreme

• DaMarcus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Bohemund

Hi all,

i purchased a FX3600M and wanted it to swap against my FX1600M. It's not a direct swap since the cooler does not fit 100%, some memory chips are not covered. Anyway i wanted to check whether the card works at all and installed it. I had artifacts while booting into Windows XP, the card worked only as Standard VGA Card. As soon as i installed the drivers the screen turned black after reboot. I reflashed my 8710 bios as recommend here, but nothing changes. I can assume that the card is broken ?

I will send the card back and order all these parts:

450593-001 - CPU HEATSINK PENRYN

456190-001 - GPU1 HP Assembly# 3600M

468592-001 - GPU2 HP Spare# 3600M

450594-001 - GPU HEATSINK W/FAN

Ill give an update after christmas what they have send me.

Greetings,

Bernd

Guest Bohemund

I could order these parts, the price and description is interresting:

450594-001N SPS-THERMAL MODULE W/FAN - VIDEO 42,05

450593-001N SPS-THERMAL MODULE - CPU 26,83

468593-001N SPS-THERMAL MODULE (PNRYN) 36,25

Guest Dominick

Any updates to this?

Just a little update...

286u4oj.png

Could it be that we've found the right partnumber?

*Update*

I've also found this:

468593-001

NEW - SPS-THERMAL MODULE (PNRYN)

SPS THRM MODULE PNRYN

PNRYN = 8710w which is delivered with the Penryn CPU and that's the version with the 3600M :)

• 2 weeks later...

The idea is really good but ExpressCard and/or mPCIe will limit the bandwidth to PCIe x1 standard. So even if you attach a good graphics card the most of that harware is wasted due to the slow link between the laptop and the card. Just to make it simple for us on HP 8710p/w there is no ExpressCard slot. If you think you will use a docking station with an expresscard slot on it you are screwed due to there will be an USB 2.0 interface in between your laptop and the docking station so will further limit the available bandwidth. Thank again HP.. pfff..

Noone can find that bloody part number of the dual-pipe heatsink what makes me mad. NO hp tech support nor laptop service shop can help.

Unbelieveable.

There is a listing on ebay with the two pipe heat sink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220545985410&Category=3673&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

Edited by ddbig2000

Guest Bohemund

I have just gotten the Part 450594-001 - GPU HEATSINK W/FAN. As stated its the heatsink for GPU, but its the heatsink for FX1600M. According to the salesperson it should also fit the FX3600M, but as i found out it doesnt cover the memory chips and it doesnt look like it's the correct one. Still waiting for the 468593-001N SPS-THERMAL MODULE (PNRYN)but i suspect that this is only CPU cooler.

Another question: Is it 100% sure that you can swap the 1600M with 3600m regarding to video bios and driver ? The 3600m card i tried had artifacts while booting and a blanc screen in windows. I suspect a hardware failure and iam waiting for a new card.

Greetings,

Bernd

Guest Bohemund

Hurray !

i just received the 468593-001N SPS-THERMAL MODULE (PNRYN) - and its the correct one for FX3600M !. Now i have 2 cooling units, i will resell one at ebay the next days.

Greetings,

Bernd

PS: Sorry for the last post, i got problems with IE6 on the website

Hurray !

i just received the 468593-001N SPS-THERMAL MODULE (PNRYN) - and its the correct one for FX3600M !. Now i have 2 cooling units, i will resell one at ebay the next days.

Greetings,

Bernd

PS: Sorry for the last post, i got problems with IE6 on the website

Bernd,

Where did you purchase "468593-001N SPS-THERMAL MODULE (PNRYN)" and how much was it?

Is it new or refurbished?

I'm guessing this is in addition to the one you purchased on ebay that was selling for $55 shipped.

I'm still looking for a good deal on a 3600M or 3700M.

The 3600M seems to be a better candidate for the 8710w since the 3700M appears to have issues with RAM and BIOS.

I suspect this problems are directly related. So unless someone finds the right BIOS, it wont work properly with the 3700M.

Thanks.

Edited by 2DXtreme

Guest Bohemund

Hi,

i bought it here:

http://www.tomtech.de/

the HP Partsurfer pointet me this way. I payed roughly 45,- € - that means the dualp pipe FX3600 model is cheaper than the single pipe cooler for the FX1600M ^^^. Its the complete cooling system for the graphic card, the northbridge including fan an everything (like the photos on this site). Since i have 2 now i can sell one if someone is interrested. The guy i bought the FX3600M told me he has 18 more cards and will sell them on ebay for about 300$.

Hi,

i bought it here:

the HP Partsurfer pointet me this way. I payed roughly 45,- € - that means the dualp pipe FX3600 model is cheaper than the single pipe cooler for the FX1600M ^^^. Its the complete cooling system for the graphic card, the northbridge including fan an everything (like the photos on this site). Since i have 2 now i can sell one if someone is interrested. The guy i bought the FX3600M told me he has 18 more cards and will sell them on ebay for about 300$.

I was hoping for a $100 deal on a 3600M. I knew I should have bought it when I saw it a few months back. LOL

But I didn't want to get ahead of myself since I didn't know where to get the right HS.

Now that we have the right HS, all the 3600Ms are $360 and above.

Oh, I thought you were in the US.

I was looking for something locally. :)

Thanks anyway.

Edited by 2DXtreme

delete...

Edited by 2DXtreme

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i bought it here:

I would be interested in your dual heatpipe cooling unit. Does it have the thermal material as well?

Please drop an e-mail to tamasmATpoboxhostingdotcodotuk. Thanks

• 1 month later...

For those who have an FX3700M, SIGAN and DaMarcus, have you been able to fix the BIOS issues so that everything works properly (ex. speed and RAM register correctly)?

Anyone have any updates on the FX3700M problems/solutions?

What BIOS should we use for the 3600M....and for the 3700M?

The 3600M seems like a sure way to go, but I'd be inclined to buy an FX3700M if the issues have been resolved.

Edited by 2DXtreme

• 2 months later...

Just an update. I haven't seen a fix for the 3700m, but I ordered the dual pipe vga cooler and I haven't seen temps peak above 73c which is a far cry from the 102c I've been getting with the single-pipe cooler at times. Anyone else have any luck with the 3700m yet and is it really faster than the 3600 even with the memory address issues?

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is a problem of drivers.

I have experienced in my desktop computer a similar problem, the usual programs hardware monitoring (CPU-Z, GPU-Z, Everest), did not recognize the characteristics of the computer because the hardware was very new and the database was outdated

This is because you can not find or do not match your computer hardware with its database obsolete, but the hardware operates correctly.

A user corroborates this, testing a Quadro FX3600m and FX3700m and reach up to 50% gain in performance. If the FX3700m operating at half capacity, or one quarter of Vram, this had not happened.

To function properly is to get a driver version that is compatible with your computer, with the OS, hardware and a current analyzer software (GPU-Z).

May be with Windows 7 fix the problem.

(sorry for my bad english).

Bye!

Edited by nerven

Guest vanja

For those who have an FX3700M, SIGAN and DaMarcus, have you been able to fix the BIOS issues so that everything works properly (ex. speed and RAM register correctly)?

Anyone have any updates on the FX3700M problems/solutions?

What BIOS should we use for the 3600M....and for the 3700M?

The 3600M seems like a sure way to go, but I'd be inclined to buy an FX3700M if the issues have been resolved.

Hi guys.I have 8710p since january 2008.Very nice laptop, I was very happy with original T7500+NVS 320M.Two months ago I decided to upgrade...now is T9300 + FX3600 M.Here are some details :BIOS HP 68MAD F.0E(19-08-2008) -video BIOS 62.92.27.00.09 - NVIDIA driver 195.62 - CPUZ 1.54 - CPUID HWmonitor- XP pro 3.I'm using original heat sink(!) slightly modified (small piece from bottom of one copper pipe channel removed) + arctic silver thermal compound.These are results-on minimum fan running(sometimes start-stop) temp. 45-55°C(let us say idle)- CoD VI/33 min. "Wardriving" hardened(1024-768/low details),temp. 76-79°C - 3D Mark 06 (1280-1024) 7942 points,temp.71°C-temp. in my room is ~24°C.By the way, still 120W adapter is connected (GPU max.factory settings are 500-1000-799, looks to me that shaders are little low...).So, thanks everybody to infos, photos, opinions, specially to Igor Solomonov.I hope that he fixed problems.Nice greetings from Croatia...

• 1 month later...

I think this is a problem of drivers.

I have experienced in my desktop computer a similar problem, the usual programs hardware monitoring (CPU-Z, GPU-Z, Everest), did not recognize the characteristics of the computer because the hardware was very new and the database was outdated

This is because you can not find or do not match your computer hardware with its database obsolete, but the hardware operates correctly.

A user corroborates this, testing a Quadro FX3600m and FX3700m and reach up to 50% gain in performance. If the FX3700m operating at half capacity, or one quarter of Vram, this had not happened.

To function properly is to get a driver version that is compatible with your computer, with the OS, hardware and a current analyzer software (GPU-Z).

May be with Windows 7 fix the problem.

(sorry for my bad english).

Bye!

doesn´t work, I buy an Quadro FX3700m and the heatsink, but it can´t install in Windows 7 x64. Using forceware with INF mod....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest JME-JJJ175

Has anyone managed to edit the vbios for the 8710w?

it looks like there is some people in this forum who are modding there HP bioses for another issue(30 sec beep) I wonder if there bios mod method would be able to do the edits we need???