LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Quadro FX3700 in a HP 8710w?

Vandalman

Was wondering if anyone made any progress with the FX3700 in the 8710w, I bought a FX3700M to replace my FX1600M and I'm having issues installing drivers with it in Windows 7 x64. Nvidia offical drivers don't seem to work, from reading the rest of this thread it sounded like people were atleast having them detected as FX3600M's with less ram and such but I haven't even been able to get that far.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MobileArtist

• JME-jjj175

• 2DXtreme

• DaMarcus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also wondering if anyone has been able to run a 3700m in an 8710w/p I can't Install drivers under win 7 64 either. Anyone have any clues?

Ok the drivers with the hacked inf work but not properly. Put a 3600m in and its great except now it cuts on battery power or the 120w. Fine on the 180w

I've created a BIOS editor for 8710w laptop, I think I can mod the BIOS and replace the bios for fx3600m with bios for fx3700m.

I need testers that are no afraid to ruin ther bios :)

• 1 month later...

Zerg32...

I may be interested and willing to try it. Do you know what you are doing :).

Send me an email with some more info and we'll see if we can get it done.

jme.english@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jamie

• 6 months later...
Guest Cornholio

Hello Everyone,

i have more than 10x 8710w with the 1600m grafics card 256mb ram.

it would be very interesting to upgrade them to the 3700m 1gb ram.

could someone send me the selfmade bios version ?

Best regards

F.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

just selling a complete kit on ebay taken from my 8710w. I got a new notebook now and have to give the 8710w back in original configuration. Selling FX3600 Card, CPU 2,6 GHz, cooler and docking station.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Grafikkartenkuhler-HP-8710w-Dual-Heatpipes-/110801850287?pt=Notebook_Komponenten&hash=item19cc4e0faf#ht_500wt_922

Greetings,

Bernd

• 3 months later...

Hello,

just selling a complete kit on ebay taken from my 8710w. I got a new notebook now and have to give the 8710w back in original configuration. Selling FX3600 Card, CPU 2,6 GHz, cooler and docking station.

http://www.ebay.de/i...af#ht_500wt_922

Greetings,

Bernd

Hi! I have a HP 8710w notebook and i am interested in purchasing from you the two heatpipe cooling system if you still have it. I have seen that you are shipping only in your country. Can you ship in Europe? I am from Romania.

Best Regards! :)

• 5 months later...

HI

I have an 8710p and I have succesfully upgraded my card from NVS320 to 3600m (together with a new heatsink).It was a direct swap

Unfortunately after 1 year my 3600 is broken , so I want to upgrade to a new card

I consider the 3700m BUT I don't know if the problems that were mentioned here are solved

For example : not being able to install win7 x64

not seeing all the memory (not big problem for me)

the fan not spinning up when the temperature goes up

etc

Any other info?

Thank you

Edited by pdionisis

• 1 month later...

Hi! I don't want to be offtopic but i i have a big question please.

Does a Mobility Radeon 4850 mxm 2.1 type III (taken from a MSI Megabook GT725) will work with HP 8710W?

Currently i have a nVidia Quadro FX1600M mxm 2.1 type HE.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

The right part number is 468593-001 for the double pipe heatsink. I have searched all over the internet to buy one and i have found obe place. On the taobao.com chinese market. There are alot there.