LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer 5920 with ati 4650

Guest engin mahmut

I add the new topic but i forgot my username so :)

bu its hard to use 9600m gt ddr3 in acer aspire 5920 because of the system bios ignores the video card bios

He buys the card from his friend who has an acer laptop so it has acer graphics bios

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

yes the mobility 4650 mxm II works great, and work too on amilo xi 1546..., but i want to try the ati mobility 4670 GDDR3.

the ati mobility 4650 is ddr2 (from acer 89xx) have the same performance of the Nvidia geforce 9600m GT gddr3

the ati mobility 4650 is ddr2 (from acer 89xx) have the same performance of the Nvidia geforce 9600m GT gddr3

No it doesn't - seems to be even faster than 9700M GT...

• 2 weeks later...
yes the mobility 4650 mxm II works great, and work too on amilo xi 1546..., but i want to try the ati mobility 4670 GDDR3....

The ati mobility 4670 GDDR3 is really fast check out this link, www.blueshore.de there are a short Review about the Acer 8935 with some Benchmarks...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nuke33

Here is one Acer Spare Part with 1GB ddr3 memory:

http://www.ipc-computer.de/it-pi-n-Acer_VG...Id-1881717.html

and another one with ddr2:

http://www.notebook-doctor.com/it-pi-n-Ace...Id-1881718.html

I am also very interested in testing one of these cards with my 5920g, but i dont want to waste my money in case i does not work.

The turkish guy said he took his card from a friends acer notebook, without flashing or something like that. The only Acer NBs i know that are equipped with a 4650 are the aspire 6530,6930,8930 and 8935.

Would be very nice if someone could confirm that this card is working with 5920g for real smile.gif

Greetz

Nuke

• 4 weeks later...

Someone knows if the ati mobility 4670 GDDR3 is MXM II ???

Only MSI doesn`t sell those Parts, like MXM cards..

Is it sure that the acer 8935G has MXM-B??

• 2 weeks later...

Is it sure that the acer 8935G has MXM-B??

same question I passed my 4650 from 6930g to 5920g and I want to buy acer's ati mobility 4670 GDDR3 900mhz one for my 6930g but is it mxm II or mxm b?

yes the mobility 4650 mxm II works great, and work too on amilo xi 1546..., but i want to try the ati mobility 4670 GDDR3.

Well I have ordered one hd 4670 for my alienware m5550-ir3 I will lets you know if it work or not...

ok, where did you order it? From a webshop or from ebay?

• 3 weeks later...

It does not work I loose 350$ usd !!! the 4870 have a longer connector than the standard MXM II video card. I think the only ATI video card available in MXM II is the hd 3XXX series like the HD 3650 1024mb but I already try it 2 time the first time my laptop doesn't power up at all and the second time windows start but shot down after few seconds. I guess that I didn't find the right bios in both of them. SO I GIVE UP :)

Max, that's because the HD 4670 is, as stated above, MXM-B; which is completely incompatible with the MXM-II slot.

The HD 4650 however, is MXM-II and compatible.

Max, that's because the HD 4670 is, as stated above, MXM-B; which is completely incompatible with the MXM-II slot.

The HD 4650 however, is MXM-II and compatible.

ok but why the 3650 doesn't work? it was MXM II and where can I find a 4650 MXM II compatible for my laptop :)