LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Dox, I hope you can find someone to hand off your bag-o-tricks to, I just tried to find a replacement and...

3dm06

Dox 185.85: 9395

xTremeG 190.62: 9021

I think by the time Bioshock2 comes I'll be putting up a grand to try getting a driver from you. I'm not joking, I got the $1000 set aside.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the tweaks in 185.85 is very refined, I spent alot of time rebooting and checking - (not fun, but worth it!)

it inculdes settings which end users cannot change in the nvidia control panel,

from what I looked at the latest XG, mobileforce, sideband (basically copying each other?) they contain alot of outdated settings dating back to the detonator driver days,

some of those setting are default settings already and some settings are conflicting, and simply have no effect anymore.

Some settings force stuff that can be changed in the nvidia control panel anyway - something i did in the past but moved away from.

The tweaks in my 185.85 are minmal compared to the other modded drivers, simply because theres no need to include default settings or outdated ones.

Thegreatsquare,

no need for money mate, during the summer on and off I dug around the files for more hidden stuff from the drivers, and found some stuff that could be useful,

I also started putting new features in the installer, code is there just need to finish it... its a shame to let it go to waste so who knows what i might do.

But just move on and if dox returns he returns, perhaps when some new highend hardware comes out from nvidia thats not based on G92 or a game i'd like to play that needs new hardware!

Guest Win7-64bit User

hi

i have a Dell vostro 1500 with vga 8400m GS

but when install this driver

my system install 8600m GT driver

please help me how install correct driver ?

hi

i have a Dell vostro 1500 with vga 8400m GS and windows 7 64-bit version

but when install this driver

my system install 8600m GT driver

please help me how install correct driver ?

the tweaks in 185.85 is very refined, I spent alot of time rebooting and checking - (not fun, but worth it!)

it inculdes settings which end users cannot change in the nvidia control panel,

from what I looked at the latest XG, mobileforce, sideband (basically copying each other?) they contain alot of outdated settings dating back to the detonator driver days,

some of those setting are default settings already and some settings are conflicting, and simply have no effect anymore.

Some settings force stuff that can be changed in the nvidia control panel anyway - something i did in the past but moved away from.

The tweaks in my 185.85 are minmal compared to the other modded drivers, simply because theres no need to include default settings or outdated ones.

Thegreatsquare,

no need for money mate, during the summer on and off I dug around the files for more hidden stuff from the drivers, and found some stuff that could be useful,

I also started putting new features in the installer, code is there just need to finish it... its a shame to let it go to waste so who knows what i might do.

But just move on and if dox returns he returns, perhaps when some new highend hardware comes out from nvidia thats not based on G92 or a game i'd like to play that needs new hardware!

just hope we don't will have to wait for duke nukem forever :)

now seriously awesome job dude and maybe left 4 dead 2 or call of duty modern warfare 2 will help get you back on modding :)

Guest Icey Cola

The official Nvidia drivers simply BLOW.

I was getting smooth frames and performance boosts on all of my games using these drivers. I only recently decided to try out Nvidia's newest desktop drivers on my M1730 because of updated SLI compatibility profiles only to notice a big dip in frames.

Im gonna try reverting back to Dox's 185.85 drivers but would like to mention that Dragon Age Origins just got released, is that not a game worth releasing an optimized driver for? lol

Dragon Age: Origins works fine with Dox 185.85

1680x1050

V. High Visual Settings

4AA

30fps+

V. Sync off

Guest Jamrock

Love these drivers!! When I switched to 180.84 from the bootcamp drivers I could play all of my games very well w/ much better fps! Thanks much Dox you tha man.

In your opinion,

What are the best drivers to increase fps?

I have not had any trouble w/ fps in games until I started to play Dragon Age. Great game, but I am getting slideshow performance at the moment.. if I could just get 4-5 fps more it would be playable. Are these the best drivers for Dragon Age?

Sorry I am a bit noob when it comes to this stuff, anyone know the best Dox driver to increase FPS in dragon age? Ty hope english was good

Guest Jamrock

Bah, sorry. I installed the 185.68 for XP and I found you can no longer overclock gpu! Dang.

I was using 180.84 drivers so I could overclock GPU. Sorry I know this is wrong place, but I can find no where else. Any other newer/better drivers than 180.84 that you can overclock with? Ty in advance

Guest Jamrock

Wow! 5-6 fps increase after downloading the 182.46 drivers! And they allow overclocking too!

This has made Dragon Age playable for me!!! Thank you so much Dox! I never knew how big a difference good drivers can make! I hope you decide to come back and make some more drivers! They are by far the best!

Guest ThaRealMatix

Hello there,

i have a (maybe) stupid question but which type of instllaton i should choose for my Nvidia 9700m GT? the single/sli or the hybrid sli? The H_omepage of Nvidia tells me that the crad has hybrid SLI techhnology but only the one for saving power.

regards Matix

Hello there,

i have a (maybe) stupid question but which type of instllaton i should choose for my Nvidia 9700m GT? the single/sli or the hybrid sli? The H_omepage of Nvidia tells me that the crad has hybrid SLI techhnology but only the one for saving power.

regards Matix

You would select single/sli

Can I use this on my acer aspire 5935G?

I tried to install driver from acer on my win7 but it always hang after instalation(only can access desktop screen but cannot click on toolbar and will hang when i tried to restart, but it will normal after a forced restart(power button).

So I want to try dox forceware. Any side effects from this forceware? Thx.

Forgot to say, my laptop have hybrid graphic, intel gma and nvidia geforce gt 130m.

Edited by m@ximum

Guest Rugger1

Thank you Dox! I was having an issue where no matter what driver I used I was getting a blank screen when attempting to watch Blu ray movies with Corel WinDVD Pro 2010. I tried Dell's default driver and a few of the other drivers on laptopvideo2go. This was the first driver I tried of the Dox series and now everything works! Thank you millions!

Hi, Im new here.

Im a little bit confused. Which installation should I pick for my Geforce 9800M GTS? Standard, Hybrid Graphics or Hybrid SLI?

This is my GPU: http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-9800M-GTS.9918.0.html

Pick Single GPU [standard]

Edited by thegreatsquare

Guest xharpoon

Hmm.. strange,, my screen go blank after installing the driver (using recomended step/clean install). when i check device manager in safe mode, it could detect all vga.

i'm using S42 and Win7 build 7057. BIOS ver still 1.08 (can't update it, dont know whats wrong)

is it because old bios , or old win7? >__<

anyway, thanks for ur best work Dox!

I seriously wish Dox had taken up an apprentice or something. After all, he is the master of modifying and refining NVIDIA drivers for lightweight installations. It was appreciated work, and I hope someday someone else will take up the mantle.

RIP Dox, wherever you are!

We really need someone to take up this task of continuing the custom forceware releases... 185.85 is getting sadly dated.

He quit, at least for now. Thankfully, this is a cat driver... I say that cause it seems to have 9 lives. I have yet to have a driver issue with games. Maybe Dox will return one day. Maybe when he realizes that it is ok for him to take all the time in the world and end up releasing his version of a six month old driver because a 6 month old driver from Dox is better than everything else.

umm i don't know if its normal but runing this driver over heats my GPU and im running a 9300M GS = / the old driver i use was 186.03 idl at 56-62C m, with this it around 60-76C.