LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Benq user here to confirm that Dox's driver works on Win7 64bit (with a lot of trail and error, about 4 hours to get it running :) ), works great though, thanks a lot Dox, much appreciated ur efforts

arrrrrrrrrrrr PLEASE HELP ME :) i cant get it to work on it ><

PLEASE post a detail step of how do u install, so far i follow every step but after the sign thing my screen is all black after it start up :P

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest BenqS42
arrrrrrrrrrrr PLEASE HELP ME :) i cant get it to work on it ><

PLEASE post a detail step of how do u install, so far i follow every step but after the sign thing my screen is all black after it start up :)

It's black because it's using nvidia card. Try going into safe mode then uninstall + delete nvidia driver (only! not the intel one) -> go back to normal mode and see if intel works OK ( you should also have installed Benq's Hotkey manager program first so that you can use fn+f10 key). If intel works then use the "have disk" method (search this site) and choose the inf from Dox's extracted folder on ur desktop -> restart. It should work after this... (Mine worked right after I used the have disk method).

I notice that my cards do not downclock even with powermizer checked for on when having SLi enabled, what that might be that about , Dox?

Exile: well no idea, that is why i said is it inevitable or what, private bug lol :)

Thats standard for sli enabled i think.

its always forces max clocks.

I cant do anything about that, only mr.nvidia can.

Ahh i see, well another inevitable "bug", thanks anyway, as far as i am concerned these are the only problems i encounter with that flawless in my case driver. Great work :) If i may add a personal offtopic question, well is there any OC software i can use with this release, because i do not have the time of doing the clocks manually, burdened with exams :S

Guest Guest
The drivers should install regardless of the language.

Well first i use driver cleaner, later without reboot i install your drivers and all ok, but when i reboot my laptop Vista say that my GPU its a standart VGA adapter, and its doesnt recognize like a nvidia card, why this?

Dox, Not sure if it's related to your sign guide http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=24040

On Sony sz660n/c (same as sz650n/c) driver installs (W7 x86 ultimate), but not working with 39 error.

Log have:

The NVIDIA Display Driver Service service depends on the nvlddmkm service which failed to start because of the following error:

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I'll check today and let you know, if it is not a case I'll provide link for original vista driver.

Thanks.

P.S. sz660 have 8400M GS, driver installs fine in hybrid mode.

Guest Guest
I'm sorry if I seem out of place here or to have massively misunderstood what this driver is for, but I've spent the last two hours or so searching for a driver that will work with my Soon Vaio VGN-FZ21S laptop and GeForce 8600m GS card (hence the rather uninspired name). I downloaded the latest 185.85 from Nvidia, but it isn't compatible with Vaio Laptops, and I was wondering if this would be? I've seen talk and then read about modified INF files, but I don't know if this will actually help in this case, or if it only enables a driver to install on the mobile version of the card it was designed for, not a specific manufacture's model of laptop?

My notebook runs with 2G of ram, 2.2ghz dual core and the afore mentioned card, and yet I'm stuck running games like EVE online, Red Alert 3, World in Conflict and even (when I played it) WoW on low. It's pathetic :-(

If anyone could help me out I would be so grateful, I've searched the forums to try not to post an annoying noob thread but none of the issues seemed to really be resolved. I've seen some people talk about Vaio's on this thread, did anyoen get it to work?

Many thanks... And I'm sorry to be talking about an old machine in a room of experts!

UPDATE

I took the plunge and went for it... Installed fine, seems to work perfectly... About to start running games and the like.

Having read this entire thread and a couple of others, I have to say... Dox, you are an incredibly generous and patient man. I thank you sincerely for this driver, and can only imagine how many hours you must have put into these things over the years(?). Thank you.

Mate all drivers work with this sony all you have to do is install vie have-disk method!!! DOX drivers will install as it is, i have absolutly the same sony vaio FZ21S and this driver best so far! I didn't play this game, but there is too many drivers and you can find here one that's suits u for this game, good luck!

Benq S42 User here, Win Vista x64.

One problem, while using the intel 4500, the screen every now and then randomly goes black for like 2 secs and comes bak on reporting that nvlddmkm has stopped responding and succusfully recovered, now honestly that confuses me, why and how can that crash when im using the intel and not the nvidia, and secondly when you do use the nvidia it never does it.

also secondly when you right click on the desktop while the intel 4500 is active you get a bunch of "Can't find requested string" links, but when the nvidia is active its just the NVIDIA Control Panel link there.

DOX driver unstable on S42. DOX can you test driver in S42? Too much errors with switching GMA>9600 and 9600>GMA notebook catch black screen and freeze. Digital sign of driver don't help us to use this driver, it unstable on GMA in 2D,but in 9600 everything ok.

Somebody who have S42 plz rewrite driver,or DOX can you write driver for S42 only(without switching bugs)?

Guest Guest
DOX driver unstable on S42. DOX can you test driver in S42? Too much errors with switching GMA>9600 and 9600>GMA notebook catch black screen and freeze. Digital sign of driver don't help us to use this driver, it unstable on GMA in 2D,but in 9600 everything ok.

Somebody who have S42 plz rewrite driver,or DOX can you write driver for S42 only(without switching bugs)?

What are you talking about, the screen always goes black on any driver to change video cards, thats just how it works, the screen cant stay on when its disabling one video adapter and enabling another to use it instead.

It switches fine from GMA to 9600 on my S42, though switching back to the GMA the screen goes off and on about 10 times before you can use it again with the GMA.

Edit: Nvm about the switching mine just froze going to the 9600, and rebooted with a really f***ed dark display (it wasnt brightness related either, brightness was maxed), rebooting again fixed it though.

What are you talking about the the digital sign? did you even put your machine into Test mode to use it.

But as i said before, the nvidia driver crashes and recovers while using the gma causing the screen to black on the gma, and the wierd links in the right click menu on the desktop while using the GMA.

Hi DOX!

I can't install your driver to my new Acer Aspire 5935G notebook. This notebook uses hybrid technology (Intel GMA 4500MHD + Nvidia GT 130M). The original driver is located here. The original nvidia mobile driver isn't work, too. And when I install back the original acer-nvidia driver, the system shut down before the end of the complete install, and after the reboot, the nvidia control center is not installed. :)

Sorry my bad English.

DOX can you write driver for S42 only(without switching bugs)?

just stick to the original drivers if hybrid graphics does not work for you.

i cant re-write the driver only onlock hidden settings,

If you really want working hybrid drivers hassle nvidia or give them bug reports to fix the drivers.

I've done all I can to get it working, you have to understand 185.85 was never a hybrid driver in the first place.

It was hacked to become one and hence it may not work 100% compared to the original driver provided by you.

Some people report it works some dont,

hard luck if it doesnt work for you - just use the drivers that do?

I love to be able to say yes the next release will fix the bugs from 185.85 but I cannot guarantee that.

Nvidia has a little something called the source code and only they can truely work magic.

I have ideas on how to get things working 99% on a individual basis,

but I am unwilling to make builds customised for each and everyone to work 99% on each one of your machine

Not for free anyway. I no, I do not want donatations so that you make revieve 1 on 1 driver suppport.

I do this as a hobby not as a job.

AND ITS Dox NOT DOX?

I dunno where poeple started calling me DOX :)

Its cuz you putting it caps so I can see it? -_-

Guest nismo91

thanks Dox for the drivers.

just upgraded from 185.20 and 182.05 to 185.85

visible improvement in GTAIV on 9600M GT 512MB DDR3.

asked my friend who is using 8600M GT 512MB he said there are improvement as well...

keep up the good work!

yeah, the new hacks i've done this release are really making things quicker :)

I'm expirementing with some more and hopefully will find more hacks to get increased speed with no real image lost.

Hi Dox, it's me again, previously i was saying that the driver is not working in my Windows & 32-bit, so i formatted to 64-bit and try to install

i follow the instruction you have posted here(both method tried):

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=24041

however, my laptop screen will be blank when it loads to the log in screen, i try wait because it might be switching drivers, but the screen remain blank after waited for about 5 minutes or so, i tried to log in and wait, but nothing happened as well..

is there any workaround for the issue i face? if no then i will switch back to 32-bit and try again later

anyway, thanks you your release on driver

hey Dox!

I installed this driver but I'm having a problem... RivaTuner does not detect the installed driver (it says "No supported drivers detected for this display adapter") and so I cannot overclock my gpu.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

look around at guru3d.com for a workaround.

Its not a problem with the driver but with rivatuner. it needs to be updated to support the new driver

how do you disable powermizer on this release? it keeps making my computer freeze.

I have no idea what powermizer is? :)

I did the following on win7 64bit:

1. Fresh windows install, etc

2. Install Dox's driver

3. Went into safe mode, run the signature overider program

4. Got black screen after reboot, but can hear log in sound.

5. Went into safe mode again, uninstall + delete Nvidia driver,

6. Try these steps until I got INTEL driver to work normally in normal mode.

7. Install the "Hotkey manager" from benq disc. (To get fn+F10 to work so that you can switch the card if you get black screen)

8. Use the "Have disk" method and locate the inf file from extracted Dox's folder (on desktop)

9. Chose 9600m GT (only one device to choose) Dont restart yet, go to power tool and set it to boot from motherboard

10. IMPORTANT: Must boot from intel otherwise will not work, before shutting down, make sure you are on intel, so that the next reboot will use intel.

These are the ones that I think count, but I also tried to get the driver from windows updates etc, etc.

Dox's driver works, for those that say it doesn't, try to get intel to work properly first, then follow steps 7-10

Dox, after posting a few stupid questions(i hope you don mind), i finally get my s42 working on W7 64-bit..

the method i use is as described in this quote..please ignore my stupid assumption if i am wrong, but i think this might the the method to install on s42 with W7 64-bit...

thank you for Dox for releasing this brilliant driver, and tq Guest_BenqS42 for posting this method...

Edited by CrossFireX

thanks crossfireX.

I am busy with something else at the moment but thanks for clarifying that the above method works

I thought you said you enabled it? :)

General comments

Powermizer was disabled for some notebooks by Nvidia but I have enabled it for all models.

Its when the graphics card is downclocked by the drivers when the card isn't being stressed as much. I think it was under an energy menu under XP? The menu doesn't seem to be there for the Vista/Win7 drivers so I was wondering how to disable it. You posted there was a way to disable it under the registry. I tried googling for that but it seems Win7 doesn't have the same reg entries as Vista has.

I have no way to disable it and it keeps making my Macbook Pro crash. Same happened when I was still using XP. The freezing stopped when I turned it off...

Now I'm on Win7, I have no way to turn it off so it keeps freezing! :P

Edited by mig

hahahaha nice Dox.

dude, just GOOGLE DISABLE POWERMIZER! its that simple!!