LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Hello there Dox, Thank you for ur new driver. always used ur driver since u start modding it. I am have a acer with gf 8600m gt, my screen flickers in time to time while playing games and playing movies with this driver, all the drivers after ur 182.46. Driver before they are all extremely good , no problems at all. can u plz check on it, if it was hardware issue then it should it do it in all the drivers. thankx for your driver, really appreciate it. cheers mate.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gauchan: you might want to check temps also, this driver tends to run hotter than older drivers. so if older drivers run cooler for you, then it may be heat related.

thanks crossfireX.

I am busy with something else at the moment but thanks for clarifying that the above method works

anyway, just found a bug on intel side..just wanna inform you about that

when i right click on desktop, all the option related to intel GMA will show "the specified string is not found"

right clicking the intel GMA tray icon gives the same problem

hahahaha nice Dox.

dude, just GOOGLE DISABLE POWERMIZER! its that simple!!

I did. It doesn't work simply because the reg entries I'm supposed to be modifying aren't there.

i find that hard to belive.

but its here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{GUID NUMBER}\0000

Guest Guest

These drivers, unlike the regular 185.85, make bringing up the menu for when you right click on the desktop take approximately 7 seconds to appear. With the regular drivers, it takes less than a second for me. I'm curious, do you even know what you've done to these drivers to make such a strangely negative thing occur?

I have absolutley no idea about driver modding.

Dont use these drivers, I spent like 2 mins making them and dont bother uploading new builds as bug report comes in.

But other than that I added NvplDelayContext, DWORD, 0x7 to make the control panel delay.

I dont think you've used the original 185.85? Its a common problem with this driver i.e the original one.

Theres plenty of workaround available if you look around the web.

hahahahahaha. wow Dox is on a role tonight... you dont know anything do you? :)

Guest Guest

185,5 works on S42 Server 2008 x64 but only in test mode. In normal mode driver don't recognize GPUs. Intel panel don't work ("the specified string is not found") Nvidia panel is ok.

Dox plz. complete this gude:

-Download Driver Signiture Enforcement Overidder

-Run the program

-Select "EnableTest Mode" and follow on screen instructions

-Reboot your system and you will see test mode on the four corners of your desktop

-Open the program again and click "Sign a System File"

-Browse to these:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys

you'll need to sign both of them

-Select "Exit" and reboot

Disable test mode ?

-Drivers should now work as it should.

Driver works in test mode without sign, but then i disable test mode driver dont recognize GPU in hardware panel(win+brake).

you dont disable test mode thats the whole point of it.

Its a "workaround" not a "fix".

Perhaps a better solution would be to use ready driver plus

http://www.citadelindustries.net/readydriverplus/index.php

basically it does "Workaround 1" from my guide automatically for you, but I am not 100% sure if it will be win7 compatible.

stil got this annyoing flickering in windows mode. just for half a sec maybe....

happens with ervery 185.xx

back to 182.46. really sad

Guest solubility

... hey Dox - very nice work, thanks a lot for all that time you invest. I own a Vaio Z and also have, despite all different installing approaches I tried so far the problem with the black screen after booting on windows 7 (x64).

Can anybody give another hint of how to solve that problem - I think basically it already works. Other Vaio Z users - does the green LED at the Stamina/Speed switch turn on for you?

Thanks for help in advance!

This was originally a PM i wrote to you Dox.. but it said you can't receive PM's so sorry I know this isn't the right place.

Hey Dox, sorry to bother ya but I dl'ed the forceware 180.84 and have been using it for quite some time now. Very stable hasn't caused any problems and boosted my fps too! awesome driver!

Recently I have been playing LOTRO and have been hearing more and more about the Direct X10 for windows xp install. I decided to give it a try, and it did not seem to do anything.. all the DX10 options in all my games were still greyed out. I heard it was working fairly stable now, it even showed in dxdiag that I had DX10 installed.

So... I was wondering, does this driver support DX10? I was thinking maybe it could be the driver as I read of some people's dx10 not working because of the driver version. Sorry to bother ya bud, keep up the good drivers! Cheers! :)

Guest Guest dave

hey dox i was wondering if there are any known issues with this driver or windows 7. im using windows 7 build 7127 and whenever i play any video and i fullscreen it or make it larger than 100%, the video gets out of sync with the audio and gets choppy. ive asked around before coming back here and most people are saying its the video driver issue. im on an Acer Aspire 7520 laptop with a geforce 7000m.

My laptop now is badass. I love this drivers! they are the best ever!

benq S42 user, Win7 X64 with Chinese language pack,

maybe a little late for this, but i just wanna say thku to Dox first,

this is what i waited for such a looooooong time.

yet i have some probs and it won't work with my pc.

after installtion, the driver can't be loaded thx to fking signature enforcement,

but when i disable DSE, the driver is loaded and gives me a black screen.

the computer reads the disk, gives the startup sound normally, and it seems to react to hotkeys,

but nothing comes on screen after the windows logo animation.

i tried to enable test mode and sign those two .sys files as mentioned in the X64 installtion post,

but still it just gives me picth black.

remove the language pack, black

clean installtion, black

install without removing x4500 default driver, black

just wondering, if anyone faces the same and a solution is possible?

maybe i should just give up and wait for next release?

Guest Vriesdude

This version of your driver doesn't work for me. I can start the installer, I have given the correct 'answers' for the questions (which windows version, etc) and at the last screen when I click on Install your application quits and nothing happends. I have used your modified drivers before (last version before this one I have been using was with the 'old' and 'ugly' installer).

Can you tell me what is going wrong / how I can fix this ?

Hardware

Sony Vaio SZ61

with Nvidia 8400M (hybrid)

both the Single / SLI and the Hybrid option from your installer are not working (but I don't think that makes any difference because the Nvidia installer isn't launched at all)

and keep up the good work, !!!

Guest Vriesdude
Hint to the two guys above: READ EARLIER POSTS

thanks for your help [NOT], I just found out that there is a new created folder with all the installation files.

I think such a bug should be mentioned in the topic start, and not somewhere on page # out of 15!

noobs should use default oem drivers...

Guest Guest
noobs should use default oem drivers...

The high and mighty not noob has spoken...

Lol wut?

I know this guy does these in his free time but the least he could do is update the front page on something like that, I'm sure it's no where near as time consuming to edit a post vs. the editing work he has done with these drivers.

And is there a reason why Desktop driver support can't be added as "not supported" but still an option? Or is there really such ground breaking changes made here that a desktop would crash and burn with these drivers installed? I can't seem to find a reason stated for why this option was removed, just a bunch of people asking why and being ignored as if that is a legitimate way to answer a question... :)