LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Pretty nice so far Dox, I haven't been running these long but so far I'm not getting the full-screen graphics corruption I was getting with other 185s.

I've got a question for you, when you go into the NVCP, does it let you set the scaling to something other than "Display's in-built" ?

I can't seem to set it on any Win7 driver, wondering if that's messable with in the INF :)

Edited by Soor

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sweet powermizer works on my lenovo sl400 (G105M)

sorry to bother you, but i was wondering if the following are the "optimizations" that you did in 185.85 (I know you also optimize other things, but...):

HKR,,D3D_16997821,%REG_BINARY%,96,61,22,16

HKR,,D3D_14229865,%REG_BINARY%,68,77,58,30

HKR,,D3D_36759435,%REG_BINARY%,01,91,82,24

HKR,,D3D_38375933,%REG_BINARY%,02,76,91,24

HKR,,D3D_46205529,%REG_BINARY%,55,49,20,88

HKR,,D3D_44013233,%REG_BINARY%,36,03,97,28

HKR,,D3D_48484658,%REG_BINARY%,12,67,25,91

HKR,,D3D_18078188,%REG_BINARY%,16,49,41,03

HKR,,D3D_22355415,%REG_BINARY%,25,12,13,50

HKR,,D3D_24464826,%REG_BINARY%,65,28,81,23

HKR,,D3D_42935363,%REG_BINARY%,12,57,10,02

HKR,,D3D_62225341,%REG_BINARY%,98,68,44,92

HKR,,D3D_64907714,%REG_BINARY%,98,68,44,92

HKR,,D3D_98141181,%REG_BINARY%,00,02,00,00

and also if i mod the newest drivers inf with the same settings should it all work as well as they do in the 185.85's?

Thanks

Guest Vaiorist

Dox, thank you for very good driver. :)

I have a Vaio VGN-AW11XU/Q.

The driver is working well, but the diplay refresh rate 50Hz is missing in the resolution tab.

Normal selection is between 50, 59 or 60Hz.

This corresponds to an option in the Vaio Control Center App., where you can choose between 50 and 59,94Hz.

50Hz is greyed out with Your driver running.

Orig. driver: ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/VAIO/UPDATES/EP0000162841.exe

Hope You can integrate this for smooth video in Europe.

Guest solubility

... just wanted to mention that I got the 185.85 driver from Dox to work on a Vaio Z with Windows 7 x64! Took a long time and a lot of trial and fail but finally works now. I disabled the Nvidia card, booted in Safe Mode and with "Speed choice" - then I manually chose the driver .inf from the repository and installed it - it ran forever but then it suddenly worked (I think I tried 2 or 3 times without rebooting). Then I continued the known way with using the dseo13b.exe to validate and turn on Test Mode.

However - try to follow the instructions, don't give up and do as much as possible manually... the main message here: it works on Vaio Z.

Good luck and thanks to Dox and Nautis again!

Guest Barnaby

I know I'm just another in a long line of those voicing support for XP just in case Dox changes his mind. I'm surprised there isn't one and that Dox himself who obviously likes to squeeze performance out of hardware is not running it. I don't know about you, but I like pretty graphics as much as the next guy, but I'd rather have them in my games. And to the jerkwads that lambast anyone mentioning XP go screw yourselves. Dox will do what he wants he doesn't need some brown-nosing 12 year old to speak for him. Thanks.

**Forgive me in advance if I missed the answer to my question in a previous post. I paged through them but did so fairly quickly...16 pages and didn't have much time. :)

I installed this driver a couple weeks ago and everything seems to be going well - with one exception. It's quite possible, however, that my issue is actually a non-issue and everything is running as intended.

First, here's my notebook specs:

<----------------

Now - the issue (or possible non-issue):

Since I installed this version of Dox's fantastic drivers (thanks Dox!) I seem to always have 2 instances of the "nvvsvc.exe" process running. I don't believe that's 'normal' but please tell me if I'm wrong.

Both processes reference different parent processes - all having different PID's. Here's what I currently see:

~ nvvsvc.exe (1040) - parent process is "services.exe (776)" *consistently uses around 16-17 MB's of memory

~ nvvsvc.exe (1660) - parent process is "nvvsvc.exe (812)" *consistently uses around 11-12 MB's of memory

I try to stay on top of all the running processes on my notebook just to keep it running as efficiently as possible. This caught my eye because I don't recall seeing 2 instances of this process running in the past. With 3GB of Ram, I'm not running short on memory by any means - but I'm wondering if the memory usage above is considered 'typical'.

So...

~ Should I have 2 processes running?

~ If not, any idea why/how this happened? *FYI - I uninstalled the previous driver using Add/Remove Programs, rebooted to Safe Mode, used Driver Sweeper to remove the old files, installed the new driver and rebooted.

~ Is the memory usage considered 'normal'? *I'm not complaining about it...just want to learn about its typical usage on most systems.

Any feedback or advice from all you 'experts' out there is appreciated. When it comes to Nvidia drivers, I've seen different running processes over the years and have never really learned which ones are needed or which ones aren't as useful.

Thanks in advance for the help...and thanks again, Dox, for your efforts!

Edited by dt4eva58

Guest HexxeH
... just wanted to mention that I got the 185.85 driver from Dox to work on a Vaio Z with Windows 7 x64! Took a long time and a lot of trial and fail but finally works now. I disabled the Nvidia card, booted in Safe Mode and with "Speed choice" - then I manually chose the driver .inf from the repository and installed it - it ran forever but then it suddenly worked (I think I tried 2 or 3 times without rebooting). Then I continued the known way with using the dseo13b.exe to validate and turn on Test Mode.

However - try to follow the instructions, don't give up and do as much as possible manually... the main message here: it works on Vaio Z.

Good luck and thanks to Dox and Nautis again!

I tried to install on Vaio Z with Windows 7 64-bit based on the above post, I was able to install driver manually through repository .inf file(localed in temporary folder created when package expands during install), but after using test mode through dseo13b.exe and validating the two files from another post(notebookreview forum), I get a blank screen after windows loaded up, I have restarted several times but screen is still blank after windows loads, but needed to uninstall through safemode and reinstall old drivers.

Am I missing something? Am I signing the wrong drivers?

Guest solubility

hm... sorry - since I tried so long I cannot exactly tell how I did it! But I know that at some point the LED turned on after installation of the driver... as soon as that worked I signed the drivers and from then on it worked.

So again: uninstall everything - driver cleaner, ccleaner - reboot & let Windows install its driver for the Intel Graphics but not for the Nvidia Card - let the Nvidia card just be "VGA Adapter" or something... then disable the Nvidia card, reboot - now just update the Nvidia card manually in the device manager. That is all I can say - even with that procedure I tried several times! Signing the driver didn't work for me until I had gotten the LED to work.... and remember - boot in speed mode!

Good Luck - I wish I could give a better description! :)

Out of curiousity, would this enable hybrid mode on the late 2008 macbook pros? They came equipped with a 9600m gt and a 9400m. By default with all the drivers I've used, only the 9600m gt normally is used in windows mode.

I would second that request. Somebody tried the drivers on the new MacBooks Pro?

I'm using XP and therefore cannot test it... :-(

But since I've read the HybridSLI is disabeld by the firmware of the MBP I guess it won't work.

Kudos to Dox for releasing his fantastic drivers out to the public :P

I'm a bit dissapointed tho that quadro support has been dropped, no more Dox for my HP 8710p :)

Any particular reason for that Dox?

Can we somehow change your mind? ...will bribery work? :)

netRAT.

Why don't you add your card into the inf - like I did.

works fine for me after i disabled powermizer.

performance-boost is genious^^ thx

Why don't you add your card into the inf - like I did.

Would you please care to elaborate zipper?

A ) How do you unpack the installer?

Or, where exactly does it extract to during installation so that I could have access to the .inf?

B ) What lines do I need to add and where do i add them onto the inf for my NVIDIA Quadro NVS 320M?

I'm running Win7 7201 x64 if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

netRAT.

Edited by netRAT

im a benq s42 user on win7 rc1 x64.

When installing these give a black screen for me also.

Has anyone found any drivers that working on RC1 at all?

Would you please care to elaborate zipper?

Try to run the installer. It fails as it can't find your card but iyt puts the driver onto your desktop.

Then replace the nv_dispm.inf with this, where I added your card (it's the first one where the card lines are).

then run setup.exe in the driver folder - should work now.

nv_dispm.inf

Great...tnx zipper :)

I have not yet performed any demanding tests, however the driver appears to be installer correctly.

This makes me wonder again about the reasons behind Dox's decision to drop quadro support. I'm sure however that the answer is far more technical than slightly modifying infs.

Cheers,

netRAT.

pls delete this post.

Edited by mcgoxel TuRK

This makes me wonder again about the reasons behind Dox's decision to drop quadro support. I'm sure however that the answer is far more technical than slightly modifying infs.

I think there's much stuff and settings for quadro cards, which takes room and is not useful for the majority of users. Dox wants streamlined drivers without bloat.

Guest Guest
I think there's much stuff and settings for quadro cards, which takes room and is not useful for the majority of users. Dox wants streamlined drivers without bloat.

Yea... Totally, because we all use laptops all the time and never use desktops anymore....... :)

for s42 users that have problem installing Dox's driver in Win7 x64, this is how you should install the driver(works for me)

1)run the dox driver just to extract the driver files first

2)go to device manager, make sure the intel card is installed(i think by default it will be installed by windows 7)

3)if so, on the "standard VGA adapter", right click and select "update driver version"

4)select "Browse my computer for driver software"

5)after u select it, u will see that it wants you to locate a folder to scan, ignore that, instead, click on the "Let me pick from a list of 6evice driver from my computer"

7)after selecting that one, you will only see "standard VGA adapter" on the list, it's normal..now, select "Have disk"

8)it will ask you to locate the driver, just select the folder that you extracted Dox's driver, then it will show the inf file, select the file and click ok

9)now, you will see nVidia 9600M GT on the list, click ok and it will install the driver

10)after it is installed, DO NOT RESTART FIRST...remember to select power mode to power saver

11)restart and boot with disable force driver signature*, and have fun

*the methods are stated in the original install guide from Dox here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=24041

use method 1 to test if u succeeded installed the driver, and if yes, then use method 2 to sign the driver files

Edited by CrossFireX

Yea... Totally, because we all use laptops all the time and never use desktops anymore....... :)

I dont see why not :P

Listen.

I dont mod drivers because I have to support everyone.

I dont even have to be doing this.

I dont owe anyone anything.

I'm not a corparate guy who has to release desktop modded drivers.

If you have to use modded drivers, there's others not just me.

Clear?

Desktop drivers are too striaght forward.

Modding desktop drivers into mobile are much more fun, thats why I put more focus into it.

I can add more features in the driver packages, it makes it more involving for end users and myself.

Whereas desktop are just desktop.

for s42 users that have problem installing Dox's driver in Win7 x64, this is how you should install the driver(works for me)

1)run the dox driver just to extract the driver files first

2)go to device manager, make sure the intel card is installed(i think by default it will be installed by windows 7)

3)if so, on the "standard VGA adapter", right click and select "update driver version"

4)select "Browse my computer for driver software"

5)after u select it, u will see that it wants you to locate a folder to scan, ignore that, instead, click on the "Let me pick from a list of 6evice driver from my computer"

7)after selecting that one, you will only see "standard VGA adapter" on the list, it's normal..now, select "Have disk"

8)it will ask you to locate the driver, just select the folder that you extracted Dox's driver, then it will show the inf file, select the file and click ok

9)now, you will see nVidia 9600M GT on the list, click ok and it will install the driver

10)after it is installed, DO NOT RESTART FIRST...remember to select power mode to power saver

11)restart and boot with disable force driver signature*, and have fun

*the methods are stated in the original install guide from Dox here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=24041

use method 1 to test if u succeeded installed the driver, and if yes, then use method 2 to sign the driver files

thanks, I've added this to the install guide :)