LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Guest Rapac

Hi Dox,

First, thank you for your work!

But I have a problem with this driver realise, this is the first realise which causing my windows7 x64 to completely freeze.

I've tryed to install it like for windows7 and windows freezes after some time of work, same problem when I tryed to install like for Vista.

I have ASUS M50Vn GF9650m GT.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest

I too have an issue with an Asus notebook. In my case I'm using Vista Ultimate with an N80Vn (9650m GT), and I keep getting speckles and an occasional message that the driver has failed and recovered. I believe that the failure message is... nvlddmkm has failed.

Product

Windows

Problem

Video hardware error

Date

10/6/2009 8:21 PM

Status

Solution Available

Description

A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID: 17417

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)

WD-20090610-2021.dmp

sysdata.xml

Version.txt

Extra information about the problem

BCCode: 117

BCP1: 8506E3E8

BCP2: 91818260

BCP3: 00000000

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_0_6002

Service Pack: 2_0

Product: 256_1

Server information: 318a3c87-7e26-4431-97d9-e029ceb661f5

i was intel mode for Benq S42,... the windows keep freezzing periodically... dunno what happen... buts its ok on nvidia

this problem occurs especially i installed vista sp2

vista sp2 cracks things? i felt alot better in sp1... except resume from sleep mode only

thanks for ur release driver. it work for me.

vista 32 bit, joybook s42

Guest namaiki
Product

Windows

Problem

Video hardware error

Date

10/6/2009 8:21 PM

Status

Solution Available

Description

A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID: 17417

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)

WD-20090610-2021.dmp

sysdata.xml

Version.txt

Extra information about the problem

BCCode: 117

BCP1: 8506E3E8

BCP2: 91818260

BCP3: 00000000

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_0_6002

Service Pack: 2_0

Product: 256_1

Server information: 318a3c87-7e26-4431-97d9-e029ceb661f5

i was intel mode for Benq S42,... the windows keep freezzing periodically... dunno what happen... buts its ok on nvidia

this problem occurs especially i installed vista sp2

vista sp2 cracks things? i felt alot better in sp1... except resume from sleep mode only

I have a Joybook S42 and was getting random freezing in only Intel mode as well.

The whole screen appears to freeze except for the cursor which still moves and changes (like if it's hovering over a html link or text box, it changes to that cursor). The keyboard appears to be frozen as the caps lock light won't change when you press caps lock.

After a while the cursor freezes, and that's when I hold the power button down to shut off the computer.

I didn't get any BSOD, or maybe I didn't wait long enough for automatic driver recovery/reset.

I too have an issue with an Asus notebook. In my case I'm using Vista Ultimate with an N80Vn (9650m GT), and I keep getting speckles and an occasional message that the driver has failed and recovered. I believe that the failure message is... nvlddmkm has failed.
I have a Joybook S42 and was getting random freezing in only Intel mode as well.

The whole screen appears to freeze except for the cursor which still moves and changes (like if it's hovering over a html link or text box, it changes to that cursor). The keyboard appears to be frozen as the caps lock light won't change when you press caps lock.

After a while the cursor freezes, and that's when I hold the power button down to shut off the computer.

I didn't get any BSOD, or maybe I didn't wait long enough for automatic driver recovery/reset.

ya... i believe mine also stated nvlddmkm has failed under intel GMA mode.... my situation is same for namaiki, where

"The whole screen appears to freeze except for the cursor which still moves and changes (like if it's hovering over a html link or text box, it changes to that cursor). The keyboard appears to be frozen as the caps lock light won't change when you press caps lock."

except i dint press the reset button.... i just press ctrl alt del, and wait the task manager screen come out, then i return to windows, and there a bubble message come out say nvlddmkm has failed and i go windows error console, it say "your nvidia GC has stopped working", by the heck the fact i was on intel mode.

btw its normal condition for when at nvidia mode, just intel GMa shows problems, and i on vista x86 sp2... i think it could be windows misdetect nvidia GC or something related to it...

So if im using x86 vista sp2 on the benQ s42, i shouldnt install this if i use the integrated intel card often cause it freezes?

also can i check, what's the standard installation procedures for hybrid drivers? do i have to "clean-out" the old drivers or can i just install them right away? <-- pardon me for being a lil' new at this.

Edited by assmonk3y

Guest_namaiki_*, I am getting the same problem you described, and I would go back to the Benq supplied except the performance gains are so fantastic.

Hey hyrbid graphics guys.

I am reading all your feedback and will strive to make it work the next time I release the next version.

For now just install the drivers in "Standard single/SlI".

But you'll lose hybrid graphics functionality.

I've said in the past, I can only unlock hidden features in the drivers,

its ultimately up to Nvidia to have such things working in the first place.

Well it seems like a lot of Hybrid Graphics users have come out of the woodwork for these.

I think something that needs to be understood with the Hybrid Graphics part is that there is a lot more than just standard driver modding going on.

In order to get Hybrid Graphics working with almost any of the new drivers there are files and settings specific to the Hybrid Graphics chipsets that need to be added. And to top it all off Hybrid Graphics support needs not only the Nvidia drivers with all the customization specific to it but also Intel drivers and settings specific for them to work also. Nvidia also seems to like to change things around periodically so that Hybrid Graphics specific settings that would work, no longer do on newer versions of the drivers (or additional settings are needed in order for them to work.)

So for something that is not even really meant to work (and I am sure was never tested by Nvidia) the fact that it does even a little bit is impressive in my opinion. 185.85 seems to be more problematic than most for Hybrid Graphics users. Future drivers should work much better.

There are a lot of variables that go into modding a driver so it works with multiple chipsets in the first place, and for Hybrid Graphics users these variables go up ten fold. To top all of that off we also have things like Windows 7 on the horizon that needs to be factored in, and the differences between it and Vista on the driver side.

Thanks for your continual support... really appreciate that... please take to consider update to 186.03 as the official released...

awesome work Dox, can't wait for the next release since nvidia support for the s42 is practically useless at the moment

Hmmm is it just me who's getting only 4.8 for the Gaming Graphics score in the Windows Experience Index on a Studio XPS 13/1340 with GF9500m-GE in Hybrid SLi (gfx boost) mode? I'm on Windows 7 64-bit btw.

Folks (including you Dox),

I asked a few questions a page or so back and I'd really appreciate a reply or two. I just want to confirm if everything is running properly on my system or if I need to correct a problem.

Here's the info I supplied in my original post:

-------------------------------------------------------

Since I installed this version of Dox's fantastic drivers (thanks Dox!) I seem to always have 2 instances of the "nvvsvc.exe" process running. I don't believe that's 'normal' but please tell me if I'm wrong.

Both processes reference different parent processes - all having different PID's. Here's what I currently see:

~ nvvsvc.exe (1040) - parent process is "services.exe (776)" *consistently uses around 16-17 MB's of memory

~ nvvsvc.exe (1660) - parent process is "nvvsvc.exe (812)" *consistently uses around 11-12 MB's of memory

I try to stay on top of all the running processes on my notebook just to keep it running as efficiently as possible. This caught my eye because I don't recall seeing 2 instances of this process running in the past.

-------------------------------------------------------

The main question is - should there be 2 separate processes running every time I use my notebook? If not, any idea why this is happening? Will a reinstall fix the problem if it is, in fact, a problem?

FYI - I uninstalled the previous driver through "Programs and Features" in Vista, rebooted in Safe Mode and ran Driver Sweeper. From there, I installed the updated driver and rebooted. Since that time, I've had 2 'nvvsvc.exe' services running.

Thanks in advance for anyone offering some advice! I really appreciate it.

Edited by dt4eva58

The main question is - should there be 2 separate processes running every time I use my notebook? If not, any idea why this is happening? Will a reinstall fix the problem if it is, in fact, a problem?

I think it's totally normal. But my memory consumption seems to be a bit under 4 MB for them, using 186.03.

Thanks, zipper.

I just don't ever remember having 2 of the same processes running all the time. I appreciate the feedback.

Yeah its normal.

The official 186.03 drivers has this behaviour as well.

Guest Dox=God_of_Drivers
Yeah its normal.

The official 186.03 drivers has this behaviour as well.

Any chance of a dox 186.03? every dox driver has been so good, i would gladly pay each time you make a new one.

Any chance of a dox 186.03? every dox driver has been so good, i would gladly pay each time you make a new one.

no not this time.

I'm spending the summer with the family.

I'll be back though.

The next version will be a step up from 185.85 though with lots of options to customise the drivers to each user's preferance.

Thanks for the reply, Dox! Have a great summer with the family.

Guest chris

Am I the only one using a 9650mGT that has been having problems ever since 182xx?

For most of the driver releases since them, i've been getting white artifacts, and for most versions (not this one though) freezes + drivers has stopped responding popus.

I'm using vista 32 and yes I did use a driver cleaner before installing.

DOX sorry for question, but did you plan write hybrid driver for *nix? Nvidia be silent about *nix support(

DOX sorry for question, but did you plan write hybrid driver for *nix? Nvidia be silent about *nix support(

Nope.

and no I'm not going to start.

I have no interest in any other OS than windows.

Me and some (2?) other Joybook S42 users reported that we were having some issues with the Intel side of these (awesome) drivers. link

I read that nvbridge.kmd is unique to hybrid drivers. So would it be crashing because of nvbridge.kmd (it doesn't crash on the GeForce side) or because of the Intel drivers?

About the link, sorry. I meant well; didn't mean anything like 'claiming it as my own work'.. The files are deleted from my Mediafire account.

Edited by namaiki

links removed:

you agreed to the license:

"You may not modify any of the files and re-distrubute it to others"