• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read that nvbridge.kmd is unique to hybrid drivers. So would it be crashing because of nvbridge.kmd (it doesn't crash on the GeForce side) or because of the Intel drivers?

with more private testing this is what we found:

intel drivers are the cause.

try this thread:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=307

-Added installer option to choose your OS (vista/win7 - setup will install different files based on selection)

that's it..

Guest Naris

For anyone else with a 9650m GT having issues, try disabling both Powermizer and Sidebar. I've done both (as well as use Driver Sweeper in safe mode to remove the old drivers), and now I finally have a working new driver. Runs beautifully and much cooler than before.

Thanks Dox!

As a senior electrical engineering student at one of the top five universities in the United States, I'm highly suspicious of Dox's releases. There's no such thing as a free lunch. If one of you guys wants to post a couple of 185.85 vanilla and 185.85 Dox benchmark comparisons, I might consider getting further involved in this project. Otherwise, I'm going to continue to assume that he's simply forcing certain optimizations that reduce visual quality (and you're all too focused on speed to notice).

that IS what is being done. he is forcing optimizations, Some MAY reduce IQ, it is up to you to decide if it is good for you or not... there is always a price. if you look through old dox drivers they had options for iq, or speed, or balanced. these dont have a choice but balance both, speed and iq.

As a senior electrical engineering student at one of the top five universities in the United States, I'm highly suspicious of Dox's releases. There's no such thing as a free lunch. If one of you guys wants to post a couple of 185.85 vanilla and 185.85 Dox benchmark comparisons, I might consider getting further involved in this project. Otherwise, I'm going to continue to assume that he's simply forcing certain optimizations that reduce visual quality (and you're all too focused on speed to notice).

Firstly:

All the best for your degree :)

I myself have an engineering background/

Second:

Of course theres no such things a free lunch.

Of course there are certain hidden optimisations in place.

In past releases the "Performance" settings forced noticiably lower iq

and turned on the highest level of performance possible in the nvidia control panel.

This releases left nvidia control panel settings at their default (as it would be when you installed vanilla drivers)

and turned on other optimisations that I "decoded" (for want of a better word),

this makes performance increased slightly whilst maintainging almost the same level of IQ (like for like assuming settings are same in the nvidia control panel: vanilla vs Dox).

i.e iq drop not very noticiable.

All this was done after taking into account feedback from users over the year,

who generally prefer higher performance.

I myself said in the past I prefered tweaking for higher IQ, which is also much easier to do imo.

So don't come in here thinking "you know it all" :)

Or know how these have evolved over time without reading the 100s of comments in each release thread.

Oh, and why dont you do those benchmarks and iq comparisons if you are so suspicous?

Just because you are a senior student in an engineering degree dont give you powers over others :P

It doesn't bother me who "gets involved in the project".

Leave your assumptions as they are because I hate blackmailing,

you are basically saying:

"do the benchmarks or I'll assume [blah] and wont use dox drivers"

I dont think people care, and nor do I.

Hello, Dox.

I could not send you PM because of some restrictions. I transferred all bugs that I found to Nautis. Thank you for this driver and helping to people with hybrid drivers.

The reason I’m typing now it is that there is a new laptop from Dell “Alienware M17x” which is hybrid as well: 9400M + 2xGTX260 or 2xGTX280. Dell released drivers based on 179.85 series for this laptop. So probably if you are going to keep hybrid support up, you may be interested in it. Here is the link: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...amp;file=313425

Maybe I'll try to flash BIOS from this laptop to my Toshiba, but i think it won't work out :)

I’m as always up to help in any possible way, will be glad to help with testing for sure.

P.S. By the way it is possible to enable option in next driver release to disable SLI mod in nVidia control panel for CUDA applications?

Thank you again for not leaving hybrid users alone.

Edited by Aristant

Thanks Dox, for hardworking on this drivers, ok as the problem from my previous thread

i,m still stuck with old driver (at my S42) and currently now downloading your fixed latest driver

but problem accoured when downloading those files, it suddenly stop when reaching 643KB of 34.3MB, and i,m not using download manager ( saveit right click ) and this problem happends.

can u help plssss :) anyway thanks man for hardworking on this :)

K ROLE:

have you tried the mirror links?

Aristant:

Thanks, I'll take a look at it when I become active again.

I just bought a Sony VAIO VGN-Z591, and replaced HDD with SSD without even turning on.

It is difficult to install Windows Vista X64 on a Z591 without a BSOD after install, but once Windows X64 is installed, your drivers work AWESOME!

People should really know that almost NOBODY works on Laptop drivers, I know this from previous DELL PC's. Your drivers are very RARE and I am truly appreciative of how well they work, and upon so many systems.

Thank you!

Also, I'm an accredited Computer Scientist. I have a piece of my mind to give: "crack is wack"...

What do EE students know, anyway?! Something they should have learned in 3 years is paying attention...

FYI: On some of these old laptops, the manufacturers have stopped supporting driver updates. Most of the drivers are system-locked, whereas even if a newer system has identical hardware, the driver will refuse installation. Furthermore, "vanilla" driver updates direct-from nVidia do not support most Hybrid configurations PC-makers develop. This causes the "Blank Screen" problem on more than 1 make of laptop. I think it's great somebody would take the time to get NEWER drivers out to the public. In summation, *some people* need to be more observant as to the nature of this thread, and not just thread-crap all they can when they obviously have no interest in this great effort.

Edited by sigmaxix

Just wanted to say Thanks for some awesome drivers! My 9800M GTS is running very well.

thanks guys,

I'm itching to get newer driver out.

I still havent coded the new installer and fine tuned the iq/perf hacks.

I'm in the process of moving houses and relocating to my new job.

Thing is I got a toss up between 3 and not 100% sure what to go for.

But they are all require re-locating.

So until I find a flat to rent and settle down,

I shouldnt really be modding driver until then.

Rest assured, I am still in the scene.

Guest Guest

Awesome drivers...finally found something that works on my Toshiba Q706! Where is the setting that disables the Nvidia performance selector? If i let my laptop sit for a few minutes and move the mouse i get the Nvidia logo and a small screen that is asking if I want Power Saver or Performance. Driving me nutz. I checked in power settings and thats all set to like 20min or so, and i checked screen saver settings.

Guest Corsaire (hellgatien)

hello Dox!

just one question. I use toshiba qosmio X300-14N (hybrid sli, chipset 9400 + 9800 MGTS sli) i understand i must deleted my driver and reboot before installing, but

i update physiX before use your program or after?? and can i download the last physiX's drivers (9.09.0428) or must i use 9.09.0408 thanks for your answer^^

physX:

install : http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/physx_8.09.04_whql_uk.html

then

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/physx_9.09.0428_whql_uk.html

without unitstalling physx 8.09.04

this is detailed in the read me section of the installer:

PHYSX:

I have removed PhysX installation to reduce download size.

To turn physX on:

- Download version 8.09.04 and install

- Download and install version 9.09.0408 without uninstalling 8.09.04

- Turn physX on via Nvidia control panel.

Guest Guest

thanks very much dox and i have already installed your driver and now i have no lag in hellgate london ^^ i hope it will be the same in assassin's creed

Dox,please help! I was using 181.22 until a few days ago, then i switched to 186.03. I'm using X305-Q706 (9400m + 9800M SLI), and 186.03 didn't install so i used an inf file from here. And boom! hdmi audio disappeared. After working on it for 10 straight hours (didn't sleep :) ), many drivers later (including nforce drivers for hdmi audio (they are awful) and chipset, and of course, your 185.85), i found 181.22 again it started working. So, i made a hybrid of mine, switched the TV drivers to 181.22, and left the other drivers to yours, HDMI audio started working, but SLI went missing - 9800M's got disabled.

Sorry mate,

Stick to what works for you for now.

Does 185.85 have hdmi?

Performance of 186.03 isnt massively different from 185.85.

Neither your 185.85 version nor standard 185.85 or 186.03 with modded infs works correctly for me for HDMI Audio.

Dox, even though you don't have a fix for me, please at least keep HDMI in your mind when you start working on your next release.

Edited by onlyone0001

Dox, even though you don't have a fix for me, please at least keep HDMI in your mind when you start working on your next release.

sorry, but that is not something I can do.

Only Nvidia can do that.

I only optimise what is available and unlock hidden features in the drivers (like hybrid sli/gfx)

You could try swapping driver files from the working set to the newer drivers (overiding the original),

then re-install to see if HDMI appears.

I am not 100% sure which file though, try nvvts.dll and/or nvmobls.dll and/or nvdisp.dll

I think it could be nvdisp.dll.

cheers.

Guest Guest_Danny_*

hey, i have an Asus with intel core duo @ 2,1ghz and nvidia 9500m gs

i need help choosing the gpu config, i just want the best perfomance, i dont care much about the graphics

so which one should i choose?? :)

its not hard?

choose your Operating system (OS)

then choose standard single/sli?

theres a help box popup when you make a selection.

should be striaght forward enough I thought.

Guest Guest_Danny_*
its not hard?

choose your Operating system (OS)

then choose standard single/sli?

theres a help box popup when you make a selection.

should be striaght forward enough I thought.

yeah thats what i did but this driver wont work for some reason, i removed my old driver, installed this (did this many times trying every single config of those 3) and rebooted but when i open riva tuner it says that i dont have any drivers installed for my graphics card, i dont know whats wrong, i had never had this problem with ur drivers before :)

anyways thanks for replying and thanks for the great drivers u make :P

for now i'll stick to the 182.05 which has been the best so far for me :)