LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Guest Guest

Hey

Im pretty new in modding drivers, I've read the Qouickstart guide and all.

I've got a 130m card, but when trying to install this driver, i get an error message that the program did not find any drivers compatible with my hardware?

How can that be?

Sorry if its a stupid question, have to learn someway:) hope you guys will help

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just installed the dox 185.85 driver on my m50vn with 9650m gt and it's a lot more stable than the nvidia release but i still get nvdlmkmm crashes every now and then and also graphical glitch even on the desktop, i disabled the sidebar but i can't find the powermizer option anywhere though thx,tried 186.03 crashes so much it even force restarted my computer! T-T someone help!! why won't nvidia fix this!

Edited by h4n53n

i just installed the dox 185.85 driver on my m50vn with 9650m gt and it's a lot more stable than the nvidia release but i still get nvdlmkmm crashes every now and then and also graphical glitch even on the desktop, i disabled the sidebar but i can't find the powermizer option anywhere though thx,tried 186.03 crashes so much it even force restarted my computer! T-T someone help!! why won't nvidia fix this!
unfortunately with the latest set of drivers for 9650M GT users seems to have this bug.

nvidia will have to fix it.

All you can really do is just wait and use stock drivers for now..

Hey

Im pretty new in modding drivers, I've read the Qouickstart guide and all.

I've got a 130m card, but when trying to install this driver, i get an error message that the program did not find any drivers compatible with my hardware?

How can that be?

Sorry if its a stupid question, have to learn someway:) hope you guys will help

130M support is in there with device id 0652.

It could be you have a 130M with a different device id, if so you'll have to go into device manager and give it to me.

or use gpuz and it will tell u your device id.

Guest Guest

Hey Dox

Thanks for the quick answer

I've tried to upload a scrshot of the info, it was a jpeg image (26kb) but it failed due to "The file was larger than the available space"?

Anyway, It says: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0652&SUBSYS_3610103C&REV_A1

strange it should install.

whats your os?

Only thing I can think of is you did not select an option like [standard single/sli]

hence an inf was not generated by the installer.

Next time follow these posting guidelines: http://www.xfastest.com/viewthread.php?tid...;extra=page%3D1

It makes life easier for the two of us.

I would usually delete the post but im in a good mood o_0.

Guest Guest

vista 64 bit crap.

can it have something to do with the way an HP hdx 18 is made, preinstalled software and stuff like that? I DID follow instructions from the quickguide from laptop2go, but it didnt recognize the update from nvidia either - only the one from HP's homepage:s

glad youre in a good mood, and thanks for your help..

Guest Guest_kYLE_*

Hey I was just wondering If anyone could shed some light on a problem I've been having.

I have a toshiba x200 with a t5450 and a 8700m gt. My problem is that after an undertermined amount of time, it could be not at all or after an hour (point is its very sporadic) My graphics on screen go all pixelated looking, or black with pixelated blocky patches in the black. The weird thing is that the game doesnt crash i just have to quit, thats a task on its own seeing how the strange pixelated blockyness effects everything from menus to my desktop. Once out to the desktop the strange distortion remains and will get worse with moving windows minimizing or maximizing to the point where text is hardly legible. Now this problem will be gone upon reboot. It doesnt seem to be heat related as it will happen at 58c load or 78c load. Now I'm living in a constant state of waiting for this defective card to fail as im told they all will eventually. I'm just curious is my card dieing or is this some driver issue? I've had the problem on various dox drivers as well as non-dox drivers. I've always been mindful of my temps and i have a laptop cooler. Any help what so ever would be apprciated.

Hey I was just wondering If anyone could shed some light on a problem I've been having.

I have a toshiba x200 with a t5450 and a 8700m gt. My problem is that after an undertermined amount of time, it could be not at all or after an hour (point is its very sporadic) My graphics on screen go all pixelated looking, or black with pixelated blocky patches in the black. The weird thing is that the game doesnt crash i just have to quit, thats a task on its own seeing how the strange pixelated blockyness effects everything from menus to my desktop. Once out to the desktop the strange distortion remains and will get worse with moving windows minimizing or maximizing to the point where text is hardly legible. Now this problem will be gone upon reboot. It doesnt seem to be heat related as it will happen at 58c load or 78c load. Now I'm living in a constant state of waiting for this defective card to fail as im told they all will eventually. I'm just curious is my card dieing or is this some driver issue? I've had the problem on various dox drivers as well as non-dox drivers. I've always been mindful of my temps and i have a laptop cooler. Any help what so ever would be apprciated.

sounds like your card is dying :|

Guest Guest_kyle_*

Well I guess I just needed to hear it from someone other than myself:banghead:. I guess I just feel a little burned (no pun intended) it is my first ever laptop.

-kyle

Guest ~Tom

hey i just tried this driver for my vaio sz71mn (with 8400m gs and intel gma x3100) but after installation i get a bluescreen when i reboot my computer after installation,though after the installation was finished the installationprogramm told me that everything was fine. Is there any possibility how i can get the drivers working?

i searched for a solution in this board but i couldnt find one yet.

~tom

Hey Dox i was wondering why you close the other topics? I mean 185.85 is way worse than 185.68 for some people, so i dont get why we arent allowed to discuss about them anymore.

Guest supercoolguy

Holy cow....I love you man...My Acer Aspire 7530g with Hybrid SLI. Nvidia 9100 onboard with a 256meg 9300 GS running second in SLI. But they call it 9400m. I have had default (acer) drivers since I got the thing, and I can't find anything online for new drivers cept for this which BTW.....WORKS GREAT....

THANKS a TON/

I have a 1024x600 native resolution, but some programs need 1024x768. Is it possible to enable resolution downscaling in the Nvidia Control Panel under Win7 RC 7100? Upscaling works OK and downscaling is possible with some XP drivers.

Dox, are you going to hit 190.15? Just curious. Dox's 185.85 seems like a miracle, but it makes my Street Fighter IV bug out.

I've stopped playing SFIV because all the other drivers that work with SFIV make the other games slow compared to your 185.85.

Guest unreactive

using the same drivers, SF-IV crashes as soon as i turn on Anti-aliasing. Other than that i haven't noticed any problems with the drivers. I'm using them since Dox released these.

Hi Dox, I have been using your drivers for quite some time however this is my first post and feedback.

Using Win7 x64 I installed this driver and Overlord seems to have some problems with it. In-game menus and interfaces do not load when I start the game. Then I installed 185.68 and now it works perfectly.

Thanks for the hard work btw you make a great job.

Edited by overdozt

Hi,

There are 3 install options..Im not sure which to pick. I have a geforce 8600m gs. Im guessing single standard?

single standard.

Dox, are you going to hit 190.15? Just curious. Dox's 185.85 seems like a miracle, but it makes my Street Fighter IV bug out.

I've stopped playing SFIV because all the other drivers that work with SFIV make the other games slow compared to your 185.85.

Nope, but I'll look into the sf4 thing in next release.

Hi Dox, I have been using your drivers for quite some time however this is my first post and feedback.

Using Win7 x64 I installed this driver and Overlord seems to have some problems with it. In-game menus and interfaces do not load when I start the game. Then I installed 185.68 and now it works perfectly.

Thanks for the hard work btw you make a great job.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Hi

I have a GeForce 9650M (with Vista Business), that it doesn't seem to be supported into your latest v185.x drivers.

(using your v182.46 it works perfectly).

Is it possible to include it?

Bye :)

Guest cloud dot  pt at gmail

Using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM (build 7600 x 64), launched 3 days ago, driver installation will say that I am not using Windows 7 [x64]. I installed Vista 64 instead cos it worked. Please check this to remove the OS verification, drivers are most likely the same anyway I guess.

yeah dont worry, next release i was looking to separate vista and win7 into different packages.

round #2:

I have downloaded the package from mirror#1

Uninstalled the current-running-fine (dox.182.46) drivers, and installed the new ones.

no problem.

Reboot and...

... the system starts normally, but the screen is saltuary disturbed (by horizontal spikes).

I have tried to play with control panel with no result.

I have uninstalled the drivers and installed the NVIDIA official ones... but I have the same problem.

Any advice?

Edited by Knife70