Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest biocat

I have a Vaio with Vista 32bit and a Geforce Go 7400.

I installed your latest release and everything seems to run great.

My only issue is that everytime I start up windows it asks me to re-install the display drivers.

Is there anyway to get around this?

Guest STM0O0

Dox, i´m having a big issue since 182.05 drivers.

In fact, all drivers since 182.05 (official or not) are having an annoying behavoir here. I´ve tried diferent versions and it seems to be the same.

After instaling the drivers, my screen start to flash continuosly, something like "blowing pixels"! The dots start to flash more and more. Imagine when you overclock you GPU futher than it can be and it shows artifacts! That´s it.

I have a geforce go 9650m gt.

Now i´m using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Nvidia Official 179.48. All drivers after that shows the same issue i told before.

Do you have any ideia what it could be?

I have the same problem with all driver after the 185.20. I have a 9500m GS, so it's probably a 9m-series bug... (the newest 190 driver still have this problem)

Or it could be a Acer problem, do you have an Acer? I read somewhere that some graca's from Acer have problems with newer drivers because Acer customises them.

I just hope they fix this (and the FIFA09 bug that ruins the grafics with any driver from the 18- and 19-series...)

I have the same problem with all driver after the 185.20. I have a 9500m GS, so it's probably a 9m-series bug... (the newest 190 driver still have this problem)

Or it could be a Acer problem, do you have an Acer? I read somewhere that some graca's from Acer have problems with newer drivers because Acer customises them.

I just hope they fix this (and the FIFA09 bug that ruins the grafics with any driver from the 18- and 19-series...)

I´ve been researching about this problem in web and i found that many people (despite their note trademark) have the same problem. I also think there is a 9m-series bug. Nvidia doesn´t release any new driver that fixes this bug and also doesn´t have any official answer for it.So i´m using the official 181.72 (the last stable version, i guess) and it´s working fine. I still can o/c from 550/400/1350 to 625/510/1550 without any problem. I guess it´s the best driver (stable, at least) for my videocard in Windows 7.

Try these and give me a feedback.

Ps. I´m still looking for an official report for this issue.

Cheers.

Guest madmonkey

My windows is starting up now without asking me to install the drivers anymore. Thanks a lot for the great work you're doing!

how do you solve this problem? thx b4

Guest biocat

how do you solve this problem? thx b4

I didn't really have to do anything. It just stopped asking after a while. When I checked the drivers, it was still the new ones, so everything just kind of worked out.

hey dox,i wanna ask you something.i installed windows 7 rtm to my laptop.but when i install my graphic card driver my pc frezee's in 5 minutes.it open's normally but in 5 minutes it freeze's.i tried 15 different drivers inculuding yours to.so should i do?i can't use without a graphic card:D

my graphic card:8600M GS

Just a quick question regarding support for Windows 7:

Are all of DOX'[s customized firmware releases compatible simultaneously for Vista and Windows 7?

Does this mean that the new OS supports the same type of video drivers as Windows Vista?

If that's the case, I should try out Windows 7, as I hear it offers quite a substantial PC performance upgrade from the often process-intensive Vista OS.

yes correct, the vista and windows 7 drivers use the same files.

Guest rawr111

Dox please help, i download the newest force ware, i followed all the steps on how to flash my 9800m gs to gt. it was successful, however the nvidia control panel doesnt work. and my max resolution goes down to 1260x780 something, before it was the 1366x something anyway, is this how its supposed to be? when i used gpu-z it says 9800 gt but the gpu clock says 0 mhz. am i missing something here?

That's the problem with latest drivers, they hide by default widescreen modes etc. They can be enabled via Nvidia Control Panel, but if it doesn't work ...Try to install Control Panel via it's own exe in the driver.

just a little update I started back into coding the new version on and off, should be an awesome next release.

I've been spending about 2-3 hours a day on the drivers in the past, but now I spend much less than that a week.

Not 100% sure when I'll get back into it full time, but need to work my butt off in the next 6 months to be financially secure,

Im sure you understand.

just a little update I started back into coding the new version on and off, should be an awesome next release.

I've been spending about 2-3 hours a day on the drivers in the past, but now I spend much less than that a week.

Not 100% sure when I'll get back into it full time, but need to work my butt off in the next 6 months to be financially secure,

Im sure you understand.

We're all grateful to you for giving up your free time to modify these drivers for us, it really is appreciated.

If you're ever short of cash you could always charge for custom written driver releases :)

Guest Deaconclgi

Im sure you understand.

I understand. I appreciate your hard work and dedication. Even if you work on the new release only once a weak, that is still more than I am able to do with the knowledge that I have. Your labor is not in vain. I have gotten extra mileage out of my M1530 and I am grateful. With your drivers, I have become an overclocker and overclocked all my applicable systems and taught my 2 daughters about properly overclocking. I never realized the potential of my 8600M GT 256MB DDR3 until I came here. Dox, you saved me another $1000 right when I thought I had to buy a new laptop to play my games at a better framerate.

I appreciate it and I hope that you prosper in all that you do.

Install and then uninstall the original BenQ hybrid graphics drivers before installing DoX

I install win 7 with clean install and then install Dox mod driver; it not work

thanks for ur reply

hey dox,i wanna ask you something.i installed windows 7 rtm to my laptop.but when i install my graphic card driver my pc frezee's in 5 minutes.it open's normally but in 5 minutes it freeze's.i tried 15 different drivers inculuding yours to.so should i do?i can't use without a graphic card:D

my graphic card:8600M GS

dox can you help me man?im begining to lose my mind:Di can't do anything.always freeze's in 5 minutes

I tried installing the drivers and followed the instructions but I just get a blank screen after rebooting.. Any ideas?

Sony VGN-Z610Y/B

Nvidia 9300m + Intel 4500MHD

Edited by tbob18

Guest Cassio Almeida

Hi there.

I tried to install but after clicking on Install nothing happens. The installer just quits without any error message.

My configuration:

Dell Studio XPS 1340

9500M (NB9M)

Windows 7 RTM (Windows 7 Build 7600.16385)

Some hint?

Best regards

Guest Cassio Almeida

I forgot: I used Windows7 64bit and Hybrid SLI-Win7

Tks

Hi there.

I tried to install but after clicking on Install nothing happens. The installer just quits without any error message.

My configuration:

Dell Studio XPS 1340

9500M (NB9M)

Windows 7 RTM (Windows 7 Build 7600.16385)

Some hint?

Best regards

Okay, I did get the drivers to work..

However I have a few issues, first off I cannot change the brightness with the Intel (never could with the Nvidia) all of the time, sometimes I can but other times it just does not work.

With the Intel Opengl programs like Photoshop CS4 or XBMC do not run and will crash, Nvidia seems to work okay here. The original drivers Intel worked fine with OpenGL but Nvidia had some major issues.

Windows color profiles (made with Spyder2pro or through the Windows Wizard) will not stick with the Intel (have to turn

the profile off and re-enable it), the Nvidia keeps the profiles most of the time, but every once in a while will revert back to the standard colors... This is not a deal breaker since the original drivers did the same thing, but is very annoying since the colors are way too blue/red by default.

dox can you help me man?im begining to lose my mind:Di can't do anything.always freeze's in 5 minutes

anyone??????i will throw this laptop to bin

I tried installing the drivers and followed the instructions but I just get a blank screen after rebooting.. Any ideas?

Sony VGN-Z610Y/B

Nvidia 9300m + Intel 4500MHD

How do u solve the problem? i had a similar problem like u after install... the screen crash become rainbow or white but the window still running fine...anyone plss?? Btw i`m using GTX 280M SLI...

Edited by KenjiL

How do u solve the problem? i had a similar problem like u after install... the screen crash become rainbow or white but the window still running fine...anyone plss?? Btw i`m using GTX 280M SLI...

Instead of using the installer try installing the inf manually.

When you open the setup it will extract the files into a folder on your desktop, just leave the setup open and then just go to your device manager and update the drivers from there. Make sure you uninstall any other video drivers before you do this.

This method worked for me.