LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Dox, which would you say is the best driver you've released? Like what had the most feedback about being good as I'm on Windows 7 64 now, and I've found the Nvidia driver to be terrible. Anyway, just let me know which of your releases got the most praise.

I installed this one you have here, but I'm unsure of if they're working that well for me. I'm going to start going back one by one to see if any of them are better than the others.

But yeah, if you could let me know, that'd be awesome. Thank you for all your hard work! :)

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to be honest, I love to help but some answers I do not know.

I have no access to hybrid graphics :|

IF i did i would get a better understanding.

DoX, i couldnt thank you enough for creating the driver that proven working before already..i can only blame microsoft for stupid windows update...

Regarding the Joybook S42 (9600M GT/4500MHD) and Windows 7 64-bit, Dox 185.85 64-bit runs perfect if you use this patch(I hope Nautis doesn't mind that I'm linking; please delete if any potential objections).

can you please tell me how this patch works? what does it solve? run after installation? thanks

i try running the patch, but it tells me that my system does not meet the minimum requirement?

Edited by CrossFireX

hi crossfire.

You download the "patch". and extract the files (its in 7zip format).

Run my installer and it will say "extracting files...". when that finishes place the "patch" files into the extracted folder (VistaWin7x64) and overwirte the original, then go back to my installler and choose Vista or Windows 7 and hybrid graphics and click install.

Guest curious_fan

yeah no worries Nautis. I know exactly how you feel, I am in the same situation.

The company I work for is winning alot of contracts and we are busy keeping up with the workload.

Its a nice problem to have in the current economic climate :), but after work I just dont feel like modding drivers :|

What is your job position? I'm curious what kind of job someone with your knowledge has.

Not sure if you have time Dox but here goes ,

I'm on a Vaio FZ290

> Windows 7 RTM (7600) - 64 Bit Edition

> Nvidia 8400M GT (Did some searching around and assume it's hybrid because it's supposedly 256mb dedicated and up to 1gb total with shared)

I installed your driver/software and it worked upon initial installation , no problems everythin smooth , then when I restarted it's like I never even installed your driver , I go into device manager and 8400m gt has the exclamation mark , So i tried to uninstall and reinstall clean (restarting 4-5 times in the process) and still no go. So I'm gonna try naut's patch for your install and see if that works.

Guest mitrivsky

Not sure if you have time Dox but here goes ,

I'm on a Vaio FZ290

> Windows 7 RTM (7600) - 64 Bit Edition

> Nvidia 8400M GT (Did some searching around and assume it's hybrid because it's supposedly 256mb dedicated and up to 1gb total with shared)

I installed your driver/software and it worked upon initial installation , no problems everythin smooth , then when I restarted it's like I never even installed your driver , I go into device manager and 8400m gt has the exclamation mark , So i tried to uninstall and reinstall clean (restarting 4-5 times in the process) and still no go. So I'm gonna try naut's patch for your install and see if that works.

That is a 'single card' configuration. However, since you are running 64-bit Windows, you will have to do the following:

Driver Signing & Test Mode

1.)Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Driver+Signature+Enforcement+Overrider&aq=f&oq=&aqi=)

2.)Disable UAC (Can usually be done by typing MSCONFIG in run and going to the Tools tab.)

3.)Run deso13b.exe and choose "enable test mode"

4.)Reboot. (You should see Test Mode at the bottom right corner after reboot.)

5.)Run deso13b.exe again and choose "Sign a System File"

6.)In the box type "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys" and click ok

7.)Reboot and all should work.

8.)If it doesn't work, then you need to find out which fine you need to sign...

you do that stuff after you install the (single card) driver and it has appeared not to load

So could you clarify for me ,

is the 8400m GT a single card or hybrid card ?

I appreciate all the help !

It is a single GPU card, not a hybrid. It is standard in Vista and Windows 7 to be able to utilise the main RAM as 'shared' Video RAM.

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

hi crossfire.

You download the "patch". and extract the files (its in 7zip format).

Run my installer and it will say "extracting files...". when that finishes place the "patch" files into the extracted folder (VistaWin7x64) and overwirte the original, then go back to my installler and choose Vista or Windows 7 and hybrid graphics and click install.

thanks, i tested and worked. TQ for you and Nautis for the brilliant release..

So could you clarify for me ,

is the 8400m GT a single card or hybrid card ?

I appreciate all the help !

hybrid graphic would be like benq S42, which have a Nvidia 9600M GT + Intel 4500HD

and hybrid SLi would mean 2 Nvidia cards together, like 8600M GT + 8400M GT

in your card, it's just single card configuration. Shared memory is just your graphic card using your system ram as extra graphic memory, it's not hybrid graphic.

hope that clarifies your doubt

thanks, i tested and worked. TQ for you and Nautis for the brilliant release..

hybrid graphic would be like benq S42, which have a Nvidia 9600M GT + Intel 4500HD

and hybrid SLi would mean 2 Nvidia cards together, like 8600M GT + 8400M GT

in your card, it's just single card configuration. Shared memory is just your graphic card using your system ram as extra graphic memory, it's not hybrid graphic.

hope that clarifies your doubt

Glad it worked for you. Just to clarify how this patch fixes things. Basically the files included in the patch are Intel drivers for Windows 7 (WDDM1.1 & WDDM1.0) and the ones included in Doxs driver set are for Vista x64 (WDDM1.0 Only). 185.85 was one of the first drivers to include WDDM1.1 on the Nvidia side.

Also to help clear up confusion for people on which notebooks have Hybrid Graphics. The following are the notebooks that should work with the Hybrid Graphics option on Doxs 185.85:

BenQ Joybook S42 (NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT & Intel GMA 4500MHD)

Fujitsu Amilo XI 3650 (NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT & Intel GMA 4500MHD)

Sony Vaio Z (NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS & Intel GMA 4500MHD)

I just want to say THANK YOU to Nox for this amazing batch of forceware drivers! For some reason the official nvidia ones did not work on my G51VX and gave me a compatibility error, even with older and new beta versions of the drivers. Your version works perfectly and I installed it without one hitch at all. Pretty amazing stuff here.

Hi Dox ...

Its been long time i came here. didnt paly games for some time.

please help me on this issue

is Dell 1530 - 8600M GT support physx ? and CUDA ?if so wht should i do ? does your driver has these driver or should i download them seperatly ?

thnks a lot DOX for this version of the driver..

sorry for another reply...

DOX is there a way to control the fan speed in 8600M GT ?

Guest kirby06

Greetings, like the guy a couple posts above me, I too am requesting CUDA support. That would be wonderful, but what you've provided so far has worked best with my Asus G1s, so thank you.

Greetings and hi to dox and nautis, firstly i like to thank for what you guys doing

i still remember when first asking about this problem with hybris graphics things

and hey ive got fast reply and help from nautis and dox

i,m using the S42 and already installed dox powered driver before.. but for now

i stick to the stock drivers, because in dox-drivers i think the (Intel side)

got a problem, cos when i,m open the control panel for intel side, it seems like

blinking a few times (intel control panel) but at nvidia site, it just perfect

and the other thing even in power saving mode (intel) and cpu automatic low

the battery seems like decrease in hour ( 3.5 Hour before Dox driver and 2 hour after install )

at first i thougt it just some error on windows ( wrong information ) but i curious, and test it

withut plug in - brightness minimum and saving mode it actually really just drain in two hours

i suspect maybe got problem in intel site when dox making this.. :-( but honestly the driver

works really perfect especially on nvidia.

and dox if you read this, i really hope you can help

( and yes i,m download all trough all the mirror triple times, i dunt think it is corrupt or damage )

once again thanks man for your support.

Edited by K-ROLE

CUDA has not been removed from the drivers for the people asking about it.

to K role:

Yes its the intel drivers which are causing the problems.

185.85 has wdmm 1.1 and I stupidly packaged intel wdmm 1.0 drivers.

You will have to go to intel's site and download windows 7 32bit intel drivers and place that into the extracted driver folder from my installer.

Guest Benjamin

Hi Dox!

I have the same laptop as you its only another brand (xxodd) with the 8800gtx :) .

I tested the 185.85 driver but its not so good for me as the 185.68. The only thing is that gpu fan is always full on with the 185.68 driver!? Do you know why that is?

Bios nr is SROSA001.86C So not the downclockt ones.

Greets, Benjamin

Guest DepressedMacUser

Hey Dox, nice work!!!!i tried to install it on my unibody macbook pro which comes with the 9600m gt and 9400m but it cant seem to detect the 9400m and activated it. i'm desperate to use the 9400m any help would be much appreciated.

Very nice stuff. You really are a lifesaver. :)

I have a 9800M GS (underclocked 9800M GTS), so could you recommend which of the three GPU config choices would be best (standard sli, hybrid graphics or hybrid SLI)? Would be much appreciated. :)

Dox itry installed like u said and downlad the drivers and

paste to extracted folder, but its not working,

by the way i,m using Vista 32. should i extract the intel

installer into your extracted installer or like what?

please dox help me on these

Hi,

driver signing workaround worked fine for Vista. Upgraded to Windows 7, and I'm not able

to sign the files... has anyone tried? could someone upload the signed files:

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys"

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys"

Having to press F8 at each restart is annoying, and ready driver plus would be my last choice.

Thanks in advance :)