LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

ok, i'll try thanks

so i have to do that every time b4 i start a game? cuz it still goes back to default settings when i switch back to native.

If you are on native resulotion there is no need to scale anything since it fits the screen as it should

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are on native resulotion there is no need to scale anything since it fits the screen as it should

well i don't play all my games in native, christ i only have an 8600m gt,lol. but thanks, i got the scaling to work how i want it. even though it doesn't show in NV panel, it still re scales.

Thanks for the drivers!

They work very good except for the heat. It goes up to 66°C although the notebook is idle and the GPU clock also clocks down properly.

Is there anything I can change?

My OS is Win 7 32Bit with a GeForce GO 7400

NrmbE.gifo8TGd.gif

Risking to sound dumb, does this tweaked edition allow for overclocking?

Nothing has been done to prevent it.

Hey Dox

I've the strangest bug ever on this (and all your older drivers).

After instalation your drivers and lastest physx, (uninstaled older one, used driver sweaper to clean leftovers) everything was good.

My temps droped to 47C in stady mode and 73C in stress(before 86C), 3dmark06 was perfest, over 9300 pt (before 8800) and after OC over 10400 pt.

But as soon as i reboot the laptop once again my temp went back to odl 60C and 86C and my performence in 3dmark droped to 7300 pt!

Downloaded your powermizer swich and swiched turned it on off but it didn't helepd.

Every test i made since then in 3dmark 06 is around 7100-7300 pt and i also lost about 8-10 FPS in Crysis.

My GPU is 8800M GTS, laptop is Gateway 6860FX (upgraded CPU to x7900).

My, windows updates are off so it can't be something that microsoft instaled that made things bad.

Please coudl u tell me what to do to make it work like it worekd at the begining? I also tried all your others 1.8xx drivers and there was the same bug every time.

Also sorry for my bad english i've tried my best:-)

using a dell m1530... 8600m gt (256mb ddr3 version) with a mild overclock (550/850)

didn't even know about these drivers until yesterday - was using the stock 185.2 drivers iirc, installed these and can instantly see a noticeable difference in frame rate and (it may just be my overactive imagination) better picture/colour quality

glad I stumbled on these drivers and glad someone like yourself takes time out of your schedule to undertake such projects

in terms of heat... i use a cooling pad underneath the laptop anyway but haven't seen it go above 85c, I believe this is about a 3-4c difference on the last drivers I used but everything's stable and the performance increase is more than worth it

...additionally, although it states physx isn't supported the option to turn it on/off is still available in the control panel. As I don't use any physix enabled games I wouldn't know if the option makes a difference.

thanks again!

-jon

i think this version of driver broke my video playing. Now i get jagged edges when playing videos

i htink i will install older version

Hey Dox

I've the strangest bug ever on this (and all your older drivers).

After instalation your drivers and lastest physx, (uninstaled older one, used driver sweaper to clean leftovers) everything was good.

My temps droped to 47C in stady mode and 73C in stress(before 86C), 3dmark06 was perfest, over 9300 pt (before 8800) and after OC over 10400 pt.

But as soon as i reboot the laptop once again my temp went back to odl 60C and 86C and my performence in 3dmark droped to 7300 pt!

Downloaded your powermizer swich and swiched turned it on off but it didn't helepd.

Every test i made since then in 3dmark 06 is around 7100-7300 pt and i also lost about 8-10 FPS in Crysis.

My GPU is 8800M GTS, laptop is Gateway 6860FX (upgraded CPU to x7900).

My, windows updates are off so it can't be something that microsoft instaled that made things bad.

Please coudl u tell me what to do to make it work like it worekd at the begining? I also tried all your others 1.8xx drivers and there was the same bug every time.

Also sorry for my bad english i've tried my best:-)

try this:

uninstall the video driver in device manager (right click your gpu name and select uninstall and select delete driver software)

reboot into safe mode, go back into device manager in safe mode and select to uninstall standard VGA device, do not reboot,

then use driver cleanig software like driver sweeper / driver cleaner.net.

reboot and try installing again.

hey will this support HP NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150?

i am using vista home.

yeah, see first post

Hey Dox,

Did a clean install of this driver on Asus G1 laptop. Video card: NVIDIA GeForceGo 7700 GPU 512 MB, running Vista x 32 Home premium. It was running fine until I tried to set up an external monitor. My laptop native resolution is 1680 x 1050, while the monitor is 1360 x 768. I've setup native resolutions on both screens and tried to run two video applications in the corresponding resolutions on two monitors simultaneously. After about 5 minutes I get several windows video driver error notifications, the screen flashes a couple of times, then it all culminates in the memory dump aka blue screen of death. Any ideas on why is this happening and maybe an older driver version would work better for this?

P.S. I think I've actually fried my video card by attempting to do this. If I turn on the video card using any driver right now, I'm getting STOP ERROR 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, which means my GPU has a deffective memory right now. It's very unfortunate, that I can't replace it either. Oh well, a warning to others to know their GPU's limitations.

Edited by Ellatan

DOX can u check whether this driver doesnt break VLC.

I mean the VLC playback is JAGGED . i mean the edges are JAGGED. i have set everything to default in NV CP.

when i select "OUTPUT" > DIRECTX in vlc setting , the video paly normally but the aero theme is disabled.

why is it happeneing ?

Hey Dox,

When I saw your hybrid sli drivers, I thought this could be the answer to enable hybrid sli on my 15-inch 2008 macbook pro with the 9400m + 9600m GT graphiccards. When i started to mess around with a couple of drivers i came to a very suprising conclusion that after an installation of a driver compatible for my macbook pro hybrid sli enables itself. This i could see in the advanced power options --> GPU Settings --> NVIDIA Hybrid SLI Graphics in windows vista. But the very moment i reboot this option dissappears. My guess is that the EFI of Apple disallows Hybrid SLI, however i proofed that it is possible.

Dox, maybe you or somebody who you know could find a way to hack the EFI, or something else.

Thanks.

Hybris sli --> hybridsli.jpg

I have an odd issue since trying these Forceware 185.85 drivers.

I had been running the latest OEM Toshiba nvidia drivers (ver 176.05) on my X205-S9359. There were no issues with this driver other than I was hoping for a bit better performance. This lappy has a single a 8700M GT. I am running Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit, fully patched.

Trying your version of the Forceware 185.85 drivers gave me a couple of issues; 1. every minute or so the screen would flicker, sorta like it had to refresh. No errors though. 2. my HD-DVD or DVD playback stopped working with an error about incompatible drivers.

So, I uninstalled the Forceware 185.85 drivers using the Control Panel, rebooted to safemode, ran Driver Sweeper 2.0.5, rebooted and reinstalled the OEM Toshiba nvidia drivers ver 176.05, rebooted.

At first all seemed fine. And all is working fine except for whenever waking up from sleep mode it throws a BSOD with an error on nvlddmkm.sys getting a code 116. I never had this issue before with this version of the drivers.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Guest Th3_uN1Qu3

Hey, i have a HP DV9000 (DV9750ed) with 8400M GS 256MB. Your drivers work great - i updated to the latest (non-optimized) drivers from this site and i had about a 15% performance drop so i stick with yours - but i have one issue: I get BSOD in nvlddmkm.sys when i try to wake the notebook from standby. This happens with any driver i've tried. I'm running Windows 7 x64 RTM and the powermizer is disabled because it made my sound crackle. I've noticed that if i wake the notebook after 30 seconds-1 minute it resumes okay, but any longer and i get a BSOD, sometimes with the infamous "screen broken in 4" problem of the 8400/8600M.

I don't know if the broken screen means it's about to fail (i get it when cold starting sometimes but the 2nd boot is fine), but so far it's going strong in games, and i got the notebook for just $300 anyway. I bought it off some dude who said it was overheating and shutting down after 20 minutes. Upon disassembly all that was wrong was a loose fan cable. :)

Any tips on how to get it fixed? Btw, keep up the good work, your drivers rock. :)

Somebody recomanded me those drivers and I thought I will leave a feedback.

This realese works like a charm for my nVIDIA GF9500M GS 256GDDR3 GPU on my ASUS A7Sn-7S017C laptop.

I used to have permanent freezing problem some time ago with Unreal Tournament 3, but I recently solved it just by moving into Windows 7 x64 and after testing official nVIDIA drivers I thought I might check how are DOX's divers doing on Win7 x64.

And like I said they work like a charm - Im having constant FPS wich doesent drop that hard as it used to with regular NVIDIA drivers. Also I did not experienced any side effects like that getting back from standby problem.

Im most pleased with your work.

Best regards;

Sebastian.

/edit:

And one thig I forgot to add - they are like 4 degreese cooler.

Edited by Sebban

I just insalled win7x86 on my acer 5935g.

I then installed the drivers for nvidia geforce 130. When restarted I got a black screen and i cannot do anything.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

thank

phedro

I then installed the drivers for nvidia geforce 130. When restarted I got a black screen and i cannot do anything.

thank

phedro

Oooh exciting a Hybrid Graphics notebook I didn't know about. :)

Phedro see this post and download the file attached. If you need more detailed instructions just ask.

Hello everybody!

Sorry for my stupid question at my first post and my bad english... :)

I have had some problems here with my graphics driver. I use a 8600m gt and test the latest Nvidia-Release. With this driver I had many problems: flickering, pixel errors und finally a blue screen. Then I test a newer driver as my old one - from the 186.x-Series. This driver don`t work with my vista. No control panel. Because of that I switched back to my good old 185.20.

Now I test the Game "Runes of Magic". With my driver the game has CTD. And now my question: Whats the best driver for me? Can you prefer anyone?! I hope so... Eventually this one from DXO? Thanks to all!

thank

phedro

Oooh exciting a Hybrid Graphics notebook I didn't know about.

Phedro see this post and download the file attached. If you need more detailed instructions just ask.

==============

Thank you much for helping. In the meanwhile I rolled back to vista(where the life is easy for the moment). But I partioned the HD to experiment the installation of win7x86 again.

You linked me to an x64 s.o. although my processor achrchitecture is x86. In any case I found a x86 patch. The trouble is that win7x86 see the graphic card as a different intel card.

Now only a question. I must run the patch [Dox 185.85 hybrid graphics fix w7 x86 ]before the installation of the dox driver or after?

==============

Thank you much for helping. In the meanwhile I rolled back to vista(where the life is easy for the moment). But I partioned the HD to experiment the installation of win7x86 again.

You linked me to an x64 s.o. although my processor achrchitecture is x86. In any case I found a x86 patch. The trouble is that win7x86 see the graphic card as a different intel card.

Now only a question. I must run the patch [Dox 185.85 hybrid graphics fix w7 x86 ]before the installation of the dox driver or after?

Why do you think your processor is i386? Acer 5935G comes with P8600 processor, which is x64. Is ok about the card, as you have hybrid graphics,

you'll see 2 cards, the intel+nvidia.

About the patch: run dox driver, a folder will be created, but don't start the installation of the driver. Instead, copy the patch content to the folder

created by dox driver, overwriting the files. Finally, install the driver.

HTH

Why do you think your processor is i386? Acer 5935G comes with P8600 processor, which is x64. Is ok about the card, as you have hybrid graphics,

you'll see 2 cards, the intel+nvidia.

About the patch: run dox driver, a folder will be created, but don't start the installation of the driver. Instead, copy the patch content to the folder

HTH

ok Kirah.

Thank you much for helping.

I'll install the driver as u said.

phedro

Guest 0ver1oad

Hello,

I was wondering if there any chance to support QuadroFX 360M graphic cards.

I know its old and not a gaming card, but i play only World of Warcraft and atm i get lots of fps drop with the drivers from nvidia.com W7 x64 optimized. have a normal fps with them (60) buf lots of fps drops.

Was wondering if there any chance or any tips for drivers for me to use.

Thanks in advanse.

Guest chaintrooper

HTH

can you pls tell where the folder will be created? its surely not in the same driectory as the dox.exe!

greetz