LaptopVideo2Go Forums
Dox

Forceware 185.85

Guest demonsblood

Update on my situation, I driver sweeped and reinstalled this fixed everything and I am getting a huge boost in frame rates in call of duty mw2! 9600m gs

Guest Bennie

umm i don't know if its normal but runing this driver over heats my GPU and im running a 9300M GS = / the old driver i use was 186.03 idl at 56-62C m, with this it around 60-76C.

Check your clocks with gpu-z and look if the clock go down when not gaming.

Have a problem with driver 185.68(dox), 185.85(dox), 186.43(notebookreview).

Only the stock driver that was with the laptop is good and clocks back when not gaming the other stay on high clocks!?

Its a 8800m gtx in a clevo 570ru.

Please help me out here guys, i try,t everything: Vbios mod, chipset driver, ect ect.

Greets, Bennie

Guest Jacko

as the beginner in this forum, I'd like to thank to you a lot before . . Here, I got problem, in benq S42 and os xp, I found that vga driver in benq s42 cd isn't fully installed. why ? There are written there : "Code 10. The device can't start." The vga is nvidia 9600m gt. what should i do then ? would you help me please ?

Dox

because ther drivers are not for XP but vista/windows 7,

hence the file names you downloaded.

the code 10 error is there because i locked the exe from starting in Xp os.

Guest WebScud

I'm having issues with the stock firmware and someone recommended using your drivers. Unfortunately I'm running a GTX 285 which isn't supported according to the OP. My problem is that text is blurry/fuzzy and hard to read. I'm hooked up to a Sony KDL-32S5100 using a DVI to HDMI converter. After upgrading to Windows 7 dark text on a light background looks much better (but not perfect) while light text on a dark background is still a huge problem.

Anyway, are there any plans to support the GTX 285?

Thanks.

Guest Peter

because ther drivers are not for XP but vista/windows 7,

hence the file names you downloaded.

the code 10 error is there because i locked the exe from starting in Xp os.

WOAH. I honestly thought you were dead.

What's the status?!?! When can we see your next driver?!

twinklytoes

i was just wondering...if any of the dox drivers supported G102m GPU...i didnt see that card under the supported products...so was kinda wondering..does anyone noe which would be the best driver for G102m?

hasbani

185.85 works on Vaio FZ15G: 8400M GT on Vista32.

Thanks a lot, Dox :)

BarThu

Dox can you give aprox release date of another drivers? :) I am using same notebook as you and your drivers are working awesome for me however in some games I'm experiencing some graphical problems (eg Borderlands - backgroung was blinking from time to time). I am assuming that those games might use some functions that are not supported by GF 8800M GTX or by your drivers.

Kind Regards

BT

thegreatsquare

Dox can you give aprox release date of another drivers? :) I am using same notebook as you and your drivers are working awesome for me however in some games I'm experiencing some graphical problems (eg Borderlands - backgroung was blinking from time to time). I am assuming that those games might use some functions that are not supported by GF 8800M GTX or by your drivers.

Kind Regards

BT

relative info

BarThu

I guess I missed that info and I think it is a great loss :)

I hope Dox you will come back someday and once again show how much original NVIDIA drivers sux :)

//BT

Guest Týr

well, I perfectly understand Dox's position. Lots of dumb people to deal with, and he's really just doing us all a favor. I suppose people have already mentioned paypal donations and such, I'd always be down to donate seeing as how AMAZING these drivers are for overclocking my card :)

I think that as a community of laptop enthusiasts however, we should (assuming its okay to use the forum for such) update this thread with any other GOOD drivers anyone is able to find. The stock drivers suck so bad and raise my temps through the roof. Well Dox, hope we can one day maybe see the glory of your drivers again, either way, I'd be happy to donate to a paypal link if you have one. Even if its just a thanks for the work you've already done for us and none is more to come :)

Guest Alexrose1uk

Anyone know if Dox's driver's work with the EVGA enhancement packs (SLI Profile replacements)?

Given how everyone complains about the Nvidia drivers, I figure a combo of Dox's tweaked drivers, with recent SLI profiles would be perfect for many users, as it'd offer a more stable, tweaked driver, but with current SLI/game support; but only if installing a new SLI profile list doesnt overwrite some of the hard work Dox has done (as Im back on the scene pretty much as he's left I've no idea of recent Nvidia driver movements) in tweaking the drivers for better performance?

Just a thought...

Dox

It shouldn't affect the tweaks I do,

give it a go and let us know.

Tyranuus

It shouldn't affect the tweaks I do,

give it a go and let us know.

The above was me unlogged in.

Well, just tested it out with Borderlands (which didnt get SLI support added until the 190 series drivers), and can report the SLI patch obviously worked as I was getting working SLI ingame. The downside for me is I was getting odd occasional graphical corruption; whether a conflict with this driver and the game, the SLI profiles or whatever, Im not sure, so for me I've had to go back to the WHQL 186.81 (195.62 is slightly smoother overall but some major graphical freezes for a second or two now and then which gets annoying).

That said, whilst FPS wasn't higher with these DOX drivers, they did seem very slightly smoother, but that could have been Placebo. Either way if you're still using these drivers, and want SLI support, the EVGA pack will add the new profiles successfully *as it does for 186.81 also*.

Guest LCF

Hi, Dox! In your first post you says that it's the last driver pack. And if that's true, could you tell me how to cut Hybrid SLI function on nVidia drivers? My videocard starts supporting from 195.xx serise. My laptop needs this modification because it takes dual power suppy from integrated and nVidia cards :). I think if I cut HybridSLI function, I can use my cards manualy like in Windows XP. Thank you!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English...

Guest Jnon

THANK YOU Dox!!!

My FPS in WoW has increased immensely after updating from stock 163 to your version of 185.85. I am running an HP Pavillion DV9000 w/ an Integrated nVidia GeForce Go 7600 video card (Standard Single Mode on the options selector).

Dox

Hi, Dox! In your first post you says that it's the last driver pack. And if that's true, could you tell me how to cut Hybrid SLI function on nVidia drivers? My videocard starts supporting from 195.xx serise. My laptop needs this modification because it takes dual power suppy from integrated and nVidia cards :). I think if I cut HybridSLI function, I can use my cards manualy like in Windows XP. Thank you!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English...

sorry but I dont understand.

you mean you want to lose hybrid sli?

THANK YOU Dox!!!

My FPS in WoW has increased immensely after updating from stock 163 to your version of 185.85. I am running an HP Pavillion DV9000 w/ an Integrated nVidia GeForce Go 7600 video card (Standard Single Mode on the options selector).

no problem

Dox

Just install a non hybrid sli driver?

Guest LCF

I can't! I have rare video, vich is imcopatible with your drivers and original nvidia drivers! :) It's GeForce 105 M (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06F1&SUBSYS_1A921043&REV_A1\4&276B2DFF&0&00E2) on the ASUS N10Jb laptop. I tried so many drivers (17x, 18x and 19x) and decided to try modificate it myself... Can you help with modification?

leshcat

DOX, if you finished your work, at least share with us how to opimize drivers:uor technics or websources you used, as 185.85 is the fastest driver i know,but it is really outdated.

twinklytoes

i was just wondering...if any of the dox drivers supported G102m GPU...i didnt see that card under the supported products...so was kinda wondering..does anyone noe which would be the best driver for G102m?

Dox any comments? coz i tired installing the drivers but i get the driver aint supported hardware thingy...

thegreatsquare

DOX, if you finished your work, at least share with us how to opimize drivers:uor technics or websources you used, as 185.85 is the fastest driver i know,but it is really outdated.

If this is possible it would be nice. Is it possible to do? Is there any tweaking easy enough for a the average person to do. I mean, say... a person who can at least tweak a game's ini file should be able to follow some instructions to some of the easier things.

...if there are any easier things.

...I also remember you replying to my mentioning of the XtremeG drivers [post 677] and how there was old stuff in there that isn't really needed. If there was some sort of program to remove this old legacy stuff in the driver, would that help us somewhat mod new drivers ourselves to any noticable effect?

...Lastly. You did hint that you were working on some driver before you moved on. Does it work at all? A half modded driver that is newer could be better than no newer driver at all.

Needless to say, we all really miss you and your fine work.

Happy Holidays.

Edited by thegreatsquare

Guest Benjamin Wassink

Oke driver 185.20 (dox) is working good and stays not in 3d!! :P 3 months ago 185.85 did not show the stuck in 3d mode, so why is it now!? :)

I dont get it anymore!...... :)