LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

For me Dox's driver is the fastest. I've tested official drivers from nvidia series 19x.xx, and moded from mobileforce, but Dox's outperformed them :) Esspecialy in 3DMark, in games performance was +2-3 fps better (and i;ve got more stable frames in action), but in Dragon Age Dox's performance was about -4fps worse than 19x.xx. (who cares about this game :))

I care about Dragon Age, it was a good game. I still could max it with 4AA @ 1680x1050 with this driver. Too bad more performance problems will arise as this driver continues to age.

I think I found my new laptop though and then I'll have to start finding mobile ATI drivers.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest kaylek

Help ! i`m using BenQ and install a Window 7 RTM ( It is pirate). since i installed window 7 ,my VGA adapter(nvidia 9600GT) is not working ? so i download the 185.85 driver and install it. i had follow all of your intrusions,but i failed to update.

when i install the 185.85 driver, it cant install successful. why ?

when i try disable the force driver signature,but the window 7 show black screen after i logon (but the window 7 is running ,i heard that sound)

Please teach me how to install that properly driver for nvidia 9600 GT in benQ S42?

Its amazing to still see interest in this driver.

There aint nothing amazing out on PC (games) that warrant a new driver for me.

I still only play CS:S and I dont feel a need for a new driver for that.

Its amazing to still see interest in this driver.

There aint nothing amazing out on PC (games) that warrant a new driver for me.

I still only play CS:S and I dont feel a need for a new driver for that.

This is what I've been trying to tell you. You think you left behind a hobby, but your drivers were and still are the top of the heap by a good margin, so dare I say it... you may have left a calling. Maybe not one of those well paying callings surely, but a calling none the less. This is like if Michelangelo told everyone that he wasn't going to paint anymore and then couldn't understand why everybody had a sad look on their face.

Of course, if I only played CS:S then I too would grow disinterested in gaming and the whole lot that goes along with it.

The only reason I don't still use this driver is because the newer drivers support GPU acceleration for HD Flash videos, otherwise I'd still be using this.

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

Guest kaylek

Good Day , i tried install that latest driver 185.58 last nite.

When i installed ,the window 7 prompt out a message box about this driver is unsigned.but i picked to continue install the driver.

Finally ,i sucessfully installed it...then i follow all of your intrusions.(change power plan and reboot)

when reboot, i reboot by "disable forece unsigned driver" mode , it sucess open the window and display...

Then i checked the device manager ,it should the Geforce 9600GT is working properly,but the intel GC is not working ,so the window 7 display features still are same.

some question are making me confuse?

1.Why S42 is needed 2 gracphic card ? Intel GM45 and Geforce 9600M GT?-- 9600GT should be provides great graphic performance ,so if both driver work ,i just open Geforce driver forever? why still need Intel?

2. For Dox Driver, it is great.but i still unsuccesful install the drivr in S42 with Window 7 64bit. If i installed window 7 32 bit or Vista 32bit, i still need to install the Modded Driver ?or install driver from nvidia official?

Please help ,your information will be appreciately.

Thanks.

1) its needed because its a hybrid graphics system, it allows the laptop to use integrated intel gpu to save power and battery life.

If you do not want to use this (185.85 is my first hybrid driver and is buggy - I will improve for next release if i were to make a come back)

just choose "standard Single/SLI) from the options.

2) Install mine on standard single/sli or install official Nvidia ones.

Guest kaylek

finally,i have completed the installation of Dox185.85 driver.It is work for me and the Fn key to switch between Intel GC and nVidia GC is work.Prefect...Thanks Dox~

excellent, could you tell us how you did it?

Did you just choose the Hybrid graphics option in the installer?

Guest Benjamin Wassink

excellent, could you tell us how you did it?

Did you just choose the Hybrid graphics option in the installer?

Hybrid graphics option is not working with the 9600m gt ddr2!

Guest kaylek

Hybrid graphics option is not working with the 9600m gt ddr2!

Actually ,I had tried few times to completed the installation.Of course, i picked Window 7 64bit and Hybrid Graphics but i not guarantee the installation is success or fail because i had failed to installed in few times. I merely try redo the installation , use Sweeper Driver tool to clean old driver , remove Intel Driver and reboot in few times also... I think the power plan should be balance mode when install the Dox Driver...

Maybe the benQ s42 is not stable for install dox driver , i found out some other S42 users encounter this problem also.

hello, i have downloaded u r drivers and installed them in my windows 7 32bit and after installing the flat planel scaling doesnt work and my games wont work full screen anymore..i mean that even if i choose full screen it keeps showing weird borders.this really annoys me .the worst part is when i play games on a low res the game doesnt strech it self, but with black borders around it i hope u can fix this problem. and btw i have an nvidia9200mgs.u r drivers revived my 9200mgs's gaming performance by a huge margin.god bless u ppl.please try to fix it dox

Edited by Fayt

ok,

unfortunately 185.85 has a scaling bug.

A workaround is to set your resolution to what you play in game and set your flat panel scaling before you launch the game.

Not cool, but better than nothing, or use a newer driver

Hi

Is it possible to use the original 3dvision glasses with your driver (over VGA)

? And what about ELSA's Shutterglasses?

Guest Benjamin Wassink

ok,

unfortunately 185.85 has a scaling bug.

A workaround is to set your resolution to what you play in game and set your flat panel scaling before you launch the game.

Not cool, but better than nothing, or use a newer driver

After setting scaling to any scaling it always go back to ,use my display built in scaling,!?

After setting scaling to any scaling it always go back to ,use my display built in scaling,!?

1) change resolution to the lower resolution you game at in desktop

eg if your native res is 1920 x 1200 change to 1280 x 720.

2) then change flat panel scaling (if you need to)

3) launch game

Thats how i do it.

or use a new driver

Hello Dox

I have this card: Geforce 8600M GS

What gpu config I choose during the install.

Thanks

and sorry I am bit confused :)

Edited by Reverence

just choose single

^I don't see anyone complaining about the lack of an XP version, least not for the past few months.

Also, XP still has the majority PC gaming market share with ~45% according to Steam, so it's far from unimportant.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

(Not that I'm petitioning for an XP release, or any release at all, just correcting you).

Hello

Maybe already posted this question couldnt find it.

This driver was released in may so question to Dox when he planning to release a new version of drivers?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Maybe already posted this question couldnt find it.

This driver was released in may so question to Dox when he planning to release a new version of drivers?

I INSTALED ON MY VOSTRO X64 W7, NVIDIA 8400GS

ALL WORKED FINE BUT I WANT USE POWERMIZER,

I DID THE CHANGES IN REGEDIT... BUT IT powermizer STILL DOESNT WORK

185.65 (x64) AND 185.85 (x64) , BOTH Doesnt WORK THE POWERMIZER -> the clock gpu is donwn down to the minimum .... aywals stay fixed in maximum

Forceware 195.62 -> work powermizer

but i want use 185.85

is the better on beachmark for my card...

someone can help me to enable powermizer on 185.85 x64 driver?

I'd like to ask one thing: I'm using Dox 185.85 (GTX 260M) and I think Powermizer is enabled by default, right?

I always use this laptop on power conected, rarely on battery (I used today, but it's very rare, just to recharge the battery and put it to 40% again). Is Powermizer enabled with this driver when conected directly on power, or any kind of Powermize bug related?

I couldn't see it for myself because I didn't install any games yet (and as I will go on vacation for about a month I will not be able to use the laptop).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...