LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Dox, you are amazing,

Can't believe you already found the bits in the code and are on your way to fixing them for the Hybrid Graphics.

As always if there is anything you need provided to help let us all know.

Cheers for all the fiddling to help us out.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Alex
Can someone tell me why isn't this driver supported by Rivatuner(2.24)? I can't overclock my graphics card

As Dox said it is necessary to wait the new version of rivatuner that supports these drivers ... though also it is possible to enable " driver emulation mode " ... going to " power user " "Rivatuner/System/ForceDriverVersion" and the value puts 18585 ... with it it is possible to do overclock, though I do not have idea if it is the same thing, for the present I do not have problems...

Thank you again Dox ... you are the big one, jaj...

Regards for all!

:)

Guest Andrei

Im only saying this once, DOX i think its kinda a bad move to remove WIN XP support due to the amount of users of this os cuz of the extra performance on games, i believe it will still be the top choice for gamers even with the win 7 RC out there, seriously, consider again an XP support, i believe we are plenty around this forum and THIS particular thread, we wont be asking u for this if ur drivers didnt provide a considerable amout of gain in performance on games, yes they are a punch in the face handling heavy games with not so good gpus, so again, we beg you to reconsider ur decition, for the good times u passed with ur old blue taskbar and the annoying BSOD`s almost on every minute of ur morning downloading some games n p*** with kazaa... pls.

benq original s42 driver can be downloaded at this page

http://www.benq.com.my/products/joybook/?p...ads&dtype=D

maybe can look inside the official file by benq and see got what difference with the nvidia 1....

they are 2 user who tried the driver, as i quote

@DoubleU

1. okay did a clean installation. i cannot use the intel card. I cannot go past 1024x768 reso. result = cannot use going back to the old one

2. lol now oni find the fix one... gonna install the fix one...will report back soon

3. the fixed one still no go for S42 lur... sian... now really have to roll back

he dint noticed the fix version before dl.... but after install fix version also no go... i will follow up his case and updated later on...

@miahahaha

the new Dox driver for S42 still not working...even though the system recognized the driver of the hybrid, the nVidia GC still stuck at 1024x768 reso...the intel is perfect

both people who had tried it i will keep update the case here for your reference... i myself have a s42 also... but havent tried it.... they both installed the dox 185.85 x86 on windows 7 RC build 7100

(maybe if u got a BenQ S42 from sponsors you can fix faster... right?)

hi hybrid graphics guys just a little update from nautis who is working hard to enable hardware switching:

Here's where we are with it:

Software switch works :)

However hardware switch does not work IF upon boot you set hardware switched to nvidia gpu (performance).

But then if you use software switch to intel the drivers switch back to nvidia and hardware and software switch works as should.

The problem is a bug in the nvidia drivers which is something only they can truely fix.

Finding a workaround, got a couple of ideas so dont worry :)

Im only saying this once, DOX i think its kinda a bad move to remove WIN XP support due to the amount of users of this os cuz of the extra performance on games, i believe it will still be the top choice for gamers even with the win 7 RC out there, seriously, consider again an XP support, i believe we are plenty around this forum and THIS particular thread, we wont be asking u for this if ur drivers didnt provide a considerable amout of gain in performance on games, yes they are a punch in the face handling heavy games with not so good gpus, so again, we beg you to reconsider ur decition, for the good times u passed with ur old blue taskbar and the annoying BSOD`s almost on every minute of ur morning downloading some games n p*** with kazaa... pls.

So far I am concentrating on hybrid graphics for vista.

I dont feel like doing XP support. I dont enjoy making drivers for it anymore or sifting through the code to optimise it.

Tweakforce.com make mobile drivers for all OS so your best bet is there.

I got people asking for desktop support too.

Desktop may return in future but XP probably never.

When I was using XP it was a good OS but after Vista it was hard to go back and now with Win7 its even harder.

The new version doesn't install correctly the driver on hybrid sli 9400m+2x9800gts. It install correctly 9400m but 9800gts dont want to activate hybrid sli (toshiba qosmio win7 x64).

The previous version without the update was better, i dont know why.

Edited by Pinpin

Guest Guest

hi dox,your drivers are great. :)

im waiting for your next driver with desktop gpu support as you said. :)

keep up.nice work!!!!!!

Guest submarine

Wow this so rude. Btw if you dont know, these drivers are Dox's work, he put alot in effort in these drivers FOR FREE, and i for one is very grateful. BUT if you want xp support you should make your own drivers and i'll be there to whine and b**** about why there is no win vista and win 7 support? :)

I could download Dox's drivers in China. If you r still unable to download nowadays, maybe there's something wrong with your OS or laptop, I think.

Again, thanks to Dox. But I'm still using XP, pity unable to use this new driver.

Guest Guest
As Dox said it is necessary to wait the new version of rivatuner that supports these drivers ... though also it is possible to enable " driver emulation mode " ... going to " power user " "Rivatuner/System/ForceDriverVersion" and the value puts 18585 ... with it it is possible to do overclock, though I do not have idea if it is the same thing, for the present I do not have problems...

Thank you again Dox ... you are the big one, jaj...

Regards for all!

:)

Can't OC 9600m GT hp dv5 after setting ForceDriverVersion to 18585......

Even I cant OC my 9500M. I could OC when i installed the original 185.86...so i gonna go back to them

Guest Metsn
hi hybrid graphics guys just a little update from nautis who is working hard to enable hardware switching:

Here's where we are with it:

Software switch works :)

However hardware switch does not work IF upon boot you set hardware switched to nvidia gpu (performance).

But then if you use software switch to intel the drivers switch back to nvidia and hardware and software switch works as should.

The problem is a bug in the nvidia drivers which is something only they can truely fix.

Finding a workaround, got a couple of ideas so dont worry :)

Thank you! Looking forward to it...hardware switch is a must for me, as it's comfortable to switch along with graphic card also power profile through Sony utility...

Once again, thank you for your effort :P

Thanks you Dox for amazing drivers. And as many people wrote before, I will waiting for desktop GPU support, because I prefer work on my desktop with 24" panel :) . Now I using yours 185.68.

Am I too stupid or are the download links broken? Cant download the drivers :)

"It appears something was misplaced.

Error: The request for '/error/leech' was not found on this server."

that error only occurs when you click to the link from an external source (outside of laptopvideo2go)

hot linking is not allowed on our servers.

Problem can also occur if using download managers.

THank you :) Now lets see if I can get that hybrid 9500M on my XPS13 to work. (Windows7)

np please post back your feedback.

Hybrid sli and graphics are new to me and any feeback good/bad will help me improve future versions

why does it support GT 110 and GT 130 but no GT 120?

because i did not know it existed until u told me. ;0

Dox I was only asking when would you release those drivers that should work with sony z so that I could test them.

Not to put pressure on you... Sorry...

There are a lot of ppl with sony z.

Just wondering.. How much do you charge for personalized drivers? :)

Thanks for your hard work!

because i did not know it existed until u told me. ;0

hehe its cool i just added

%NVIDIA.DEV_0653.1% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0653

and it installed, good work Dox :)

Just wondering.. How much do you charge for personalized drivers? tongue.gif

Havent thought about it, it would depend i suppose.

I didnt target my rant at anyone just wanted to be clear.

No hard feelings.

forgot to post feedback, drivers are smooth, no blue screens as usual. you always do great work, didnt expect anything to go wrong. didnt really get a performance gain from the last release but still very smooth. thanks again :)