LaptopVideo2Go Forums

hi dox,

great work here, i do see in game improvements which is great. but, with the newest build i can switch to the 9400m, or the 9800m's, but when i do switch to the 9400m my brightness goes all the way down on the screen, and i cant change it, both fn keys, as well as the power policy says it is at max, but will not allow adjustment up or down. help?

edit:

ok, i was wrong. i can change the brightness up and down, it seems my backlight is disabled on powersave?

re-edit:

if i change this flag to 0 this behavior seems to go away:

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm",BacklightControlPolicy,%REG_DWORD%,1

Edited by Exile1975
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone else getting horrifically high temperatures with these drivers when gaming? I am hitting 106C when playing L4D and 103C when playing CoD WaW!!

Thank for your hard work Dox. This's the light that i see for the hybrid graphics driver.

It's not seem to work with my BenQ S42. After installed this driver, My GeForce 9600M GT is disabled and can't switch between integrated and descrete.

Guest submarine
Thank for your hard work Dox. This's the light that i see for the hybrid graphics driver.

It's not seem to work with my BenQ S42. After installed this driver, My GeForce 9600M GT is disabled and can't switch between integrated and descrete.

A fix is on the way :) .

Is anyone else getting horrifically high temperatures with these drivers when gaming? I am hitting 106C when playing L4D and 103C when playing CoD WaW!!

WOW thats hot. not even on my 8600M GT, which is known for heat issues, is that hot. 79c was my max after 2 hours of BF2 @ high settings, with overclocking.

Edited by coolcop06
Guest Ramalama

Hi Dox im Ramalama, nautis know me... i helped him a lot...

Ehm, On my system Vaio z90, 9300M GS + intel X4500, Windows 7 X64 7100 (RC), don't working...

But it's not your problem, it's a problem with driver signing....

I can't sign the drivers... because i can sign them, but it don't install, like unsigned...

Im in testmode, and on the right down edge stays Testmode... and i have signed the drivers... but can't install them...

----------------------------------------

But if i start the computer with F8 and start with the ignore signing command, i can install your drivers....

dunno why this happens... i have resigned the drivers 10x and deleted and maked new certificates, turned testsigning mode on and off....

but can't install them...

Guest Ramalama

Hi Dox, i tested something out....

I can all nautis drivers, and signed them, they works...

I have now nautis 185.68 +intel 1688 X64 drivers running... driver signing and all works...

But the 185.85 X64 package (this one from you), i can't install... it's like i cant sign that drivers... dunno why...

But if i start computer with F8 "disable driver signing" mode, i can install your drivers...

In normal testmode i cant install them (with bcdedit /set testsigning yes)...

But that from nautis are working... with bcdedit... and with F8.... dunno why...

Sry for my s*** english! :-)

And your driver seems very good, but i cant test...

Cheers & THX!

Guest Guest Andrei
Wow this so rude. Btw if you dont know, these drivers are Dox's work, he put alot in effort in these drivers FOR FREE, and i for one is very grateful. BUT if you want xp support you should make your own drivers and i'll be there to whine and b**** about why there is no win vista and win 7 support? :)

Ur being rude .a ss, i just wanted dox to reconsider xp support, im not forcing him or whining about anything, hes the one with the last word so dont talk if u dont care about xp support bro, let the ones still on win xp talk and give it a try on this one, ive been on vista ultimate for very long time and soon i will be changing to win 7 but XP is the BEST OS where u can get the best performance & fps on any game, so even if i change to win 7 i will leave a partition for xp to play all the games i cant play that smoothly on vista or win 7, capisch?

Guest ShnikeJSB

To all those who are complaining about RivaTuner not working with these drivers, you can get back most functionality by forcing the driver version in the "Power User" settings. To do that, follow these steps:

1.) Open RivaTuner

2.) Open the "Power User" tab (third tab at the top)

3.) Click the "Open Database" button (first icon of a folder at the bottom)

4.) Browse for and open the "RivaTuner.rtd" database file (normally found in the RivaTuner root folder)

5.) Make sure "Hexadecimal Display" and "Protect Database Entries" buttons are unselected/off (5th and 6th buttons on the bottom)

6.) Expand "RivaTuner \ System" (should be the first one in the list)

7.) Scroll down to "ForceDriverVersion", double-click in the "Value" area next to it, and enter 18585

You should be able to do the normal custom stuff and get more accurate temperature readings now. RivaTuner is in "Driver Emulation Mode", and will still say "No Supported Drivers", but it will work until v2.25 is released in June.

Enjoy. :)

Guest submarine
Ur being rude .a ss, i just wanted dox to reconsider xp support, im not forcing him or whining about anything, hes the one with the last word so dont talk if u dont care about xp support bro, let the ones still on win xp talk and give it a try on this one, ive been on vista ultimate for very long time and soon i will be changing to win 7 but XP is the BEST OS where u can get the best performance & fps on any game, so even if i change to win 7 i will leave a partition for xp to play all the games i cant play that smoothly on vista or win 7, capisch?

1. both your post was obviously whining about why there is no winxp support.(you even put caps on "best os" , etc etc).

2. if you read what dox replied to you he said he will not "support xp..period".

3. And also (quoting from your previous post) "I'm going to say this once", make your own drivers if you want xp support.

oh ya one last thing, capiche? :)

hi dox,

great work here, i do see in game improvements which is great. but, with the newest build i can switch to the 9400m, or the 9800m's, but when i do switch to the 9400m my brightness goes all the way down on the screen, and i cant change it, both fn keys, as well as the power policy says it is at max, but will not allow adjustment up or down. help?

edit:

ok, i was wrong. i can change the brightness up and down, it seems my backlight is disabled on powersave?

re-edit:

if i change this flag to 0 this behavior seems to go away:

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm",BacklightControlPolicy,%REG_DWORD%,1

does your FN keys still work after this?

update on the hybrid graphics front:

hyrbid graphics hardware switch is still bugged,

hybrid graphics is bugged in these drivers it seems :)

Tried nearly everything to get it working but hardware switch is not 100%,

Not much we can do about that really.

At least switching in taskbar works.

Still one more workaround to try before calling it quits.

Please understand:

We can only enable/disable features in the Nvidia driver.

If they are bugged only Nvidia can fix them.

Hopefully the workaround we thought of can get around this.

does your FN keys still work after this?

damn, no they dont.

is there another way to switch on my backlight in powersaver? if i change the setting back?

edit:

do you have any info what this key does:

PanelPWMFrequency

gonna try playing with it to see...

Edited by Exile1975
Guest Metsn
update on the hybrid graphics front:

hyrbid graphics hardware switch is still bugged,

hybrid graphics is bugged in these drivers it seems :)

Tried nearly everything to get it working but hardware switch is not 100%,

Not much we can do about that really.

At least switching in taskbar works.

Still one more workaround to try before calling it quits.

Please understand:

We can only enable/disable features in the Nvidia driver.

If they are bugged only Nvidia can fix them.

Hopefully the workaround we thought of can get around this.

As I got it from Nautis on NBR, for Sony Z just booting in Speed mode is problem. Not really deal breaker for me, as in 99% I'm booting in Stamina mode. Looking forward to test you driver set with hybrid graphics working :)

I will upload the latest and possible final build later today.

Gots to do some work now :o

ok, well i never did play with that other key, but i did change the first one back to its default value (1) and now it all works as it should. the quirks of some machines. this one has quite a personallity i tell you. sometimes she makes me play with her just to explore and learn new things... :)

Has anyone tested all versions of Dox's Drivers on temperature differences?

Made the switch to Win7 x64 so I could use your drivers. Haha!

Should I wait for you to upload a new build of these drivers before downloading? Or is the version currently up good?

if you do not have hybrid graphics (intel + nvidia gpu) then its good to be installed! :)

hi dox (and hi to all the others),

first of all, i too, want to thank you for work .

next i have a very specific question which might be a bit off topic but i'll try anyway.

I'm playing "World of Warcraft" (WoW) and since some time the game started freezing. I can "ALT-TAB" away from wow and kill the game and as soon as wow is terminated the display works fine again.

I'm posting here because i previously used your "Vista64_182.46" and with that version the freeze occured 2-3 times per session. yesterday i switched to your "VistaWin7x64_185.85" version and got 2-3 freezes within the first 10minutes. Thus I guess something changed within the driver setup that worsned the problem. I had the 182.46 setup as mobile drivers of course.

I always do a clean install of your drivers, meaning uninstall of prev drivers, reboot to safe mode->driver cleaner->ccleaner, reboot->install new driver.

Since i guess you're not playing WoW and thus can't reproduce the error yourself, is there anything i can do to get some diagnostics output, error-log, anything that would help to track down and eliminate those very, very, very annoying freezes ?

Or, is there anyone else having a solution (btw. disabling sli doesn't help)?

help would be highly appreciated

thx

My system is a

Dell XPS M1730 with Intel Extreme X7900 @2,8GHz and 4GB RAM

NVIDIA 8800M GTX SLI with 512k each (PhysX present but no drivers installed)

Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

DOX I was wondering if you could address why these driver (not just yours the vanilla set too) raise my temperatures over 10C? I have clean installed your drivers and the vanilla set a few times now and still have the same blazing temperatures. Is there something with this driver set that heats the bajeezers out of the GPU (I have 9800m GS)? My max temp in L4D with your 182.05 was 93C now I am hitting 106C every time! Thats 4C from my thermal throttle threshold! I have ruled out ambient temperatures, clogged airways, bad fan etc...

Edited by Exostenza

its Dox, Not DOX who even started "DOX"?

Better performance = more your card works = more temps = failed devices = lawsuit = end of nvidia(?)

Ask the nvidia driver team for your answer.