LaptopVideo2Go Forums
Dox

Forceware 185.85

Guest Rob

Dox you're awesome. Running these drivers on a GTX280m and Vista x64 with no issues so far.

Very glad you've decided to continue modding drivers.

To PPL complaining about drivers and/or release times/updates: Dox does this for free and expects/receives nothing at all from you. If you're unhappy about the drivers the nvidia website is http://www.nvidia.com. Enjoy running inferior drivers you ungrateful b**tards.

To people asking stupid questions unrelated to the drivers: IE: "How do I mod the firmware on my card?" "What is Powermizer?" Aside from the fact that if you have to ask these questions you shouldn't be doing anything except running stock drivers and playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure, you can stop being lazy and research it yourself at www.google.com

Dox does a lot for the community, don't abuse him or his generosity.

Thanks again Dox, you rock.

Breece

Everything works now on my XPS13 :) Thanks again!

But is it possible to turn of TurboMemory (9500M)? It consumes 1GB of RAM ....

Dox
Dox you're awesome. Running these drivers on a GTX280m and Vista x64 with no issues so far

Very glad you've decided to continue modding drivers.

Thanks mate, not a problem.

Although this release has been stressy for both myself and nautis.

Its been fun and a pleasure to help the community.

Its been a pleasure working with nautis, he's the real deal and its good to bounce ideas with him.

Guest quickie

are the some more performance fixes in ur final release compared with the first one?

MrZero
To people asking stupid questions unrelated to the drivers: IE: "How do I mod the firmware on my card?" "What is Powermizer?" Aside from the fact that if you have to ask these questions you shouldn't be doing anything except running stock drivers and playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure, you can stop being lazy and research it yourself at www.google.com

LOL - 100% agree

Guest slime

Someone posted earlier about the Macbook Pro. Has anyone tested the MBP again with the updated drivers? Does it recognize both video cards? I'm running XP right now so I can't test it, but I will definitely upgrade to Windows 7 if it does. :)

DragonSilver

it's work on benq s42 vistax86. :)

Gpu Switch use Fn keys work. :P

when switch to Intel GPU, nVidia gpu has been shut down properly. :unsure:

Thanks Dox & Nautis. u both ar the great modder. :)

Edited by DragonSilver

f34rd0+c0m

is this driver support win XP ??

nooooooo :)

Edited by f34rd0+c0m

Eyemaster

Running a Sony Z590 with Windows 7 RC 32 bit. I have tried to install these 4 times and all I end up with is a black screen after reboot. The steps I took were: uninstall both drivers, enter safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, install driver package, checked device manager to make sure both devices showed 185.85 drivers, then reboot. I have my switch on Stamina (tried on Speed too). Has anyone been successful with a Z on Windows 7?

Thanks...Brian

xproc
it's work on benq s42 vistax86. :)

Gpu Switch use Fn keys work. :P

when switch to Intel GPU, nVidia gpu has been shut down properly. :unsure:

Thanks Dox & Nautis. u both ar the great modder. :)

does it nvidia turn off 100% like stock driver... or turn off like previous Dox driver (where still running in low power)

anyway who volunteer test it in x64 version.... 1 question... can dual boot x86 and x64 in a hdd?

Kyne

Dox, Thank you for very good drivers. BenQ S42 user here.

The new drivers is work well after installed but i think Nvidia GPU still active when switch to save power mode. The battery life is strange, Save Power mode show around 2 hrs but Increase Performance mode show around 2.30 hrs (Maybe the errror from OS). The Fn keys doesn't work.

DragonSilver
does it nvidia turn off 100% like stock driver... or turn off like previous Dox driver (where still running in low power)

anyway who volunteer test it in x64 version.... 1 question... can dual boot x86 and x64 in a hdd?

turn off like official driver from benq.

xproc
Dox, Thank you for very good drivers. BenQ S42 user here.

The new drivers is work well after installed but i think Nvidia GPU still active when switch to save power mode. The battery life is strange, Save Power mode show around 2 hrs but Increase Performance mode show around 2.30 hrs (Maybe the errror from OS). The Fn keys doesn't work.

turn off like official driver from benq.

which 1 is true..... which os you 2 installed on? what is the battery life of DragonSilver installation...

DragonSilver

honestly i can get 4-5hour if use power saver mode + intel gpu.

need to ask Kyne, what OS he use?

i'm using vista home premium x86

my installation step:-

1) uninstall old driver then reboot.

2) enter safe mode, use driver sweeper to clean old driver. then reboot

3) then install this new driver. after complete dont reboot,

4) change at power plan, use power saver mood. then restart.

5) after complete reboot, it's done. at device manager only show intel gpu.

so just select "increase performance" in tray icon, or u can use Fn key to activate nvidia gpu.

lester

I tested this driver in Vistax64, it is not working, check in device manager under the display adapter show "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".

Am i missing something?

Guest Jarr

I installed the driver on my Benq S42, and it fixed the mess I made before (don't ask), and it's working!! Thanks a bunch Dox and Nautis.

One question, is the driver number version correct? I know it's supposed to be 185.85 but it says 175.41 (see image below)?

693.png

andygb40

At last. I have found a driver that doesn't cause World in Conflict to crash after a few mins of play. The problem has been plaguing me since the release of 174.31. Happy customer :)

Kyne
honestly i can get 4-5hour if use power saver mode + intel gpu.

need to ask Kyne, what OS he use?

i'm using vista home premium x86

my installation step:-

1) uninstall old driver then reboot.

2) enter safe mode, use driver sweeper to clean old driver. then reboot

3) then install this new driver. after complete dont reboot,

4) change at power plan, use power saver mood. then restart.

5) after complete reboot, it's done. at device manager only show intel gpu.

so just select "increase performance" in tray icon, or u can use Fn key to activate nvidia gpu.

I'm using Vista Ultimate x86.

Ok i'll try to re-install following with your step and will report back. Thank you for your sharing information.

Edited by Kyne

DragonSilver

@Guest_Jarr_

i think something wrong with ur driver.

it should be like this. (185.85)

http:

Edited by DragonSilver

maksin01

Sad to see this isn't available for Win XP... :)

kulprit

Excellent work Dox, working here on my s42. Few queries for everybody. So as mentioned hardware switching doesn't work, which on the s42 only means when you plug in and unplug from ac power. This is because these options are not even available in the power plan i am finding?

Also now when changing from integrated to discrete I have an nvidia on screen display as well as the benq one, however I no longer have a tray icon at all. This makes it quite difficult to know which mode I am in without pressing the fn keys and actually changing it. Do other people still have the tray icon?

Guest Guest

I have both intel tray as well as nvidia (in correct mode) but only sometimes when boot up using intel card. I have one problem though, when i OC the core gpu to 600, the card "sometimes" crashes when testing with "Batch Size Test - 32 Triangles +", but in previous dox's driver (185.68) I didnt have this problem. Can anyone confirm this? Or it's just my benq going down????

Im using vista32 for the record.

Dox

Mirror links by Dr Jester updated to first post.

thanks again!

Dr Jester

Here again... now that new 185.85 Dox's drivers have been updated, I've uploaded them on Rapidshare, for those that got any problem downloading from here.

So enjoy these new great work from Dox! :)

------------------------------------ 185.85 DOX'S FINAL BUILD -------------------------------------

VISTA/WINDOS 7 - X86[32 bit] 185.85 DOX'S FINAL BUILD

http://rapidshare.com/files/235491860/VistaWin7x86_185.85.exe

VISTA/WINDOS 7 - X64[64 bit] 185.85 DOX'S FINAL BUILD

http://rapidshare.com/files/235492393/VistaWin7x64_185.85.exe

I'm gonna try this new release tonight. Thanx Dox! :)

xproc

so based on DragonSilver then is work... i will install....

so DragonSilver u wanna try installl on 64bit os.... can get w7 64 bit try try....