LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

If any other Benq user ends up with no nvidia hybrid graphics tray icon, ie the one or two little green curves, please let me know here. Trying to work out why mine wouldn't have it but everyone else does.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry if I seem out of place here or to have massively misunderstood what this driver is for, but I've spent the last two hours or so searching for a driver that will work with my Soon Vaio VGN-FZ21S laptop and GeForce 8600m GS card (hence the rather uninspired name). I downloaded the latest 185.85 from Nvidia, but it isn't compatible with Vaio Laptops, and I was wondering if this would be? I've seen talk and then read about modified INF files, but I don't know if this will actually help in this case, or if it only enables a driver to install on the mobile version of the card it was designed for, not a specific manufacture's model of laptop?

My notebook runs with 2G of ram, 2.2ghz dual core and the afore mentioned card, and yet I'm stuck running games like EVE online, Red Alert 3, World in Conflict and even (when I played it) WoW on low. It's pathetic :-(

If anyone could help me out I would be so grateful, I've searched the forums to try not to post an annoying noob thread but none of the issues seemed to really be resolved. I've seen some people talk about Vaio's on this thread, did anyoen get it to work?

Many thanks... And I'm sorry to be talking about an old machine in a room of experts!

UPDATE

I took the plunge and went for it... Installed fine, seems to work perfectly... About to start running games and the like.

Having read this entire thread and a couple of others, I have to say... Dox, you are an incredibly generous and patient man. I thank you sincerely for this driver, and can only imagine how many hours you must have put into these things over the years(?). Thank you.

Edited by IrritatedVaioUser

Can't you make one for XP.. Is there a lot of work in that?

Regards

Guest THailand BENQ

After all Thank Alot DOX Benq S42 work perfectly n no more battery problem We are in Thai benq club We all thank for your hardwark

I've test with 3dmark06 i got 5900 !!!! great hahah thank

Hi all! and Thank u so much Dox this is a great work! I have been using this driver and it's great, we have a big improvement in here, all seemed to be perfect until I tried to play Crysis, the game window is lunched but the game itself is not working... and throws me this error...

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: crysis64.exe

Application Version: 1.1.1.6156

Application Timestamp: 47d6d9cf

Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll

Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.3053

Fault Module Timestamp: 4889e368

Exception Offset: 000000000001b00f

Exception Code: c000000d

Exception Data: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2058

Additional Information 1: d89f

Additional Information 2: 5c1cf53c02cc625a7233516f7f534d26

Additional Information 3: c269

Additional Information 4: fc8b4aec216df64fdd8c5a22822da6af

I don't know if it's just me and my bad luck or if this is an opportunity to improve this Awesome Driver...

don't know if this helps... but i have a DV7t with a 9600M GT Vcard and vista Home Premium 64 installed.

I don't know if it's just me and my bad luck or if this is an opportunity to improve this Awesome Driver...

don't know if this helps... but i have a DV7t with a 9600M GT Vcard and vista Home Premium 64 installed.

There will be no more updates to this drivers hence why I said it was "final".

You'll have to wait for the next release now.

Seems like a fault of the game since it does not list any driver .dll.

After all Thank Alot DOX Benq S42 work perfectly n no more battery problem We are in Thai benq club We all thank for your hardwark

I've test with 3dmark06 i got 5900 !!!! great hahah thank

Good to hear :)

mai pen rai kap.

I thank you sincerely for this driver, and can only imagine how many hours you must have put into these things over the years(?). Thank you.

No worries, I'm glad it helped you, I have been doing for under a year now with my driver series, this was the first driver I made that has hybrid support though.

I'm not sure why Nvidia dont provide you guys with them on a regular basis, as I have proven it can be done.

Guest Guest
EyemasterMay 20 2009, 06:59 PM

Running a Sony Z590 with Windows 7 RC 32 bit. I have tried to install these 4 times and all I end up with is a black screen after reboot. The steps I took were: uninstall both drivers, enter safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, install driver package, checked device manager to make sure both devices showed 185.85 drivers, then reboot. I have my switch on Stamina (tried on Speed too). Has anyone been successful with a Z on Windows 7?

Hello! I have the same problem, but on Benq S42 =(

Black screen on boot. I have Windows 7 RC 32 bit (built 7100), and when it's running in safe mode there is no such problem...

Can anyone help??

I also want to thank you Dox for these drivers. I recently installed them on my vaio z (intel + nvidia) and they now work great! Thanks a lot for your time spent on this :)

Guest aaron
Hello! I have the same problem, but on Benq S42 =(

Black screen on boot. I have Windows 7 RC 32 bit (built 7100), and when it's running in safe mode there is no such problem...

Can anyone help??

same problem here on a benq s42 but on win7 64bit

does anyone have these drivers working on a s42 with windows 7 64bit?

Hey Dox the driver is very good just one little bug in Vista x86 and Windows 7 x86 when i want to get the right click menu on the

desktop i have to wait like 20 sec. to show up if you know what cause this better fix it for the next release its not a problem

but its little annoying

Edited by GanGstaOne

Guest Guest

I have the same problem... right-clicking on the desktop menu takes about 5-10 sec. Also, when opening folders, it takes quite a time to load specially if the folder contains pictures. And its kinda hot.. my fan goes full trottle when gaming x_X! Aside from these minor annoyance.. the driver is perfect!

Im using XPS 1730 with Sli 8700M.

the right clicking issue is a nvidia problem, not dox, as it occurs with the stock drivers as well, also seems to affect opening internet explorer for me. as for heat issues.... some of us have lower temps ( i dont understand how) with better performance, but in general, higher performance means higher heat.

Best Hybrid driver so far, ty dox, all games running perfect, i didnt got the driver signature error :) , posting my 3dmark06 results

hardware:

toshiba quosmio x305-706, intel core2xtreme x9100, 4gbddr3, 2x320gb hdds, 9400m+2x9800m GTS 512mb

post-38148-1243033514_thumb.jpg

Thanatospy: how does it score on vantage? you get 3k higher than i do on 3dmark06 :)

sup exile! vantage performance results:

post-38148-1243048628_thumb.jpg

Guest Guest Andrei
1. both your post was obviously whining about why there is no winxp support.(you even put caps on "best os" , etc etc).

2. if you read what dox replied to you he said he will not "support xp..period".

3. And also (quoting from your previous post) "I'm going to say this once", make your own drivers if you want xp support.

oh ya one last thing, capiche? :)

whatever dude, windows xp is the best os for gaming purposes, no arguing there, second: Dox said before posting this new nvidia driver that "it could """possibly""" be the last win xp driver support", he didnt said it was final until he responded to me, period., third: i hate when ppl just think about themselves, if i asked this was only because theres plenty, and i mean PLENTY of people using win xp just for gaming, and win 7 or vista for working and other purposes on another partition, and well, im not seeing me insulting or saying any other things to DOX am i? i respect his last post regarding he will not return for xp support, so cmon bro, find any other thing to do besides messing with something ur clearly off without cuz u dont even care about XP, write something constructive pls, ciao bro.

wow, i dont get it. if i compare my scores to yours the 3dmark06 makes sense... but the vantage score has so little difference? is physx off for yours? or on? it is on in mine. thanks for the scores tho. :)

3dmark06 10060

sm2 4449

sm3 5327

cpu 2010

3dmark Vantage p8154

GPU 6931

CPU 17325

if i overclock to 2550MHz CPU, 720/950/1750 core/mem/shader i can get:

3dmark Vantage p9188

GPU 7821

CPU 19321

Edited by Exile1975

Lower temps and better performance over stock 185.85, FTW!!!!

Question...I think I read where someone said Blu-ray works with this driver, but I thought modded drivers=no Blu-ray support. Can someone confirm yes or no? I don't have it, but may have put out some bogus info in a forum I frequent.

i might have been the one you're referring too on the blu-ray support. I happen to use cyberlink powerdvd 9 ultra, and at first when i tried to run bluray after clean install of dox 185.85 retail playback did not work (because at startup brs.exe encountered problem due to signature etc) so if you use this program simply disable brs.exe from startup it simply checks for region and like signature. (its worthless far as i can tell).

after that i loaded up enter the dragon (can't go wrong with bruce lee) and voila sucess.

hope this helps anyone who wants bluray support for retail copy's and uses cyberlink powerdvd.

I dont recommend these being installed on a desktop system since its all mobile goodies in there.

Its the way I done it this release.

Perhaps next release desktop may come out.

I did not think people using desktop would be so keen on my drivers.

Or pehaps they are just curious.

ARGHHHHHHHH......... NO MORE WINDOWS XP SUPPORT!!! :'(

Oh well, it was fun using your drivers while they lasted, thanks and cya.

hi Dox,

i am a benq S42 user, currently using windows 7, but i cannot install the driver u provided...

i deleted the old driver version, then boot into safe mode, launch driver sweeper to clean the driver

after reboot, the display is showing it's running without driver

i extracted and installed the driver with the correct options(Windows 7, hybrid graphic), set power mode to power saver, and reboot

after reboot, i notice that the display is running without driver again, as if the installation did not run at all...

mine is 32-bit, do i need to follow these steps as well?