LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dox 185.85

Dox

I will be looking into why the drivers are not working for some Hybrid Graphics users (BenQ S42 & Fujitsu Amilo xi3650).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Nautis1100

• BaiBienTinhDuc

• illmatic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps its specific oem settings?

that their drivers has?

Or simply its due to the .dlls not being compatibile in the first place.

W/e I feel drained in looking into.

Thanks again nautis.

Perhaps its specific oem settings?

that their drivers has?

Or simply its due to the .dlls not being compatibile in the first place.

W/e I feel drained in looking into.

Thanks again nautis.

Something stupid I overlooked again most likely, I keep taking for granted that when the drivers work on my Hybrid Graphics notebook that they will work for the others.

You have worked extremely hard and deserve a break Dox. This part is on me.

Guest submarine

althou this doesnt work on my benq s42 i still really appreciate the effort both of put into this and i'm sure you guys are really close to a breakthrough :P :unsure: :) :)

"I will annoy dox with silly questions" LOL

Works great on my beloved lap. Better performances and lower temps than Official 185.85 for me.

Guest falang

I very much appreciate the time and effort, but I am sorry to say it did not work for me: Z690, Vista Ultimate x64.

I read and followed the intructions. Here is what I did:

1. Moved the switch to SPEED so that both cards are visible in the Device Manager

2. Uninstalled nVidia driver with option "delete the driver" checked.

3. Uninstalled Intel driver (at this point the screen res went to 800x600).

4. Shut down. Start again.

5. Installed VistaWin7x64_185.85.exe with options "VISTA x64" & "Hybrid graphics"

6. Restarted.

7. Resolution remained 800x600, both cards are recognized in the device manager, but they have an exclamation point. Right-click reveals: windows cannot load the driver becaue it is corrupt or missing (Code 39).

I had to go back to the original driver from SONY.

Hope this helps in further development. Thanks again.

I just reinstalled with the Win7 version, its working perfectly, minor improvement upon the default drivers that Windows Update had for my GF 8600M GT. RivaTuner still doesn't detect this driver yet for my graphics card.

Guest Guest
I just reinstalled with the Win7 version, its working perfectly, minor improvement upon the default drivers that Windows Update had for my GF 8600M GT. RivaTuner still doesn't detect this driver yet for my graphics card.

I have the same setup as vinxz, except I use Win7 x64 instead of x86. After uninstalling my old drivers and installing this version, I have the same problem as described above--driver isn't recognized.

As told several times RivaTuner needs to be updated to work with 185.85 drivers. A little patience needed.

Guys, on the toshiba x300-156 the driver installs and works perfectly. There's only one thing missing.

HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm",BacklightControlPolicy,%REG_DWORD%,1

so that the backlight fn keys work!

Also, i think that you guys can't do anything to solve this but... If i use only the 9400M, the right-click on the desktop is quick. When i change to the 9800-sli the right click takes too long. Again this only happens when you are trying to get to the nvidia control panel. I've seen this on the very latest 185.xx versions.

thank you for your work

Edited by adolfotregosa

ahhh, thanks mate :)

I wondered what that setting did, I will include it in next release :-)

It was not because we forgot, it was because we chose not to :)

Guest Lowtraxx

Hi,

i have a Sony Vaio Z11WN-B and Win7 x64 installation does not work here either. I can walk through all the steps, but when i click the final install button the dialog closes and nothing happens. Thanks anyway for your effort!!! Keep up the good work.

Greetings,

Lowtraxx

if you dont know the difference dont worry yourself about it,

choose SIMPLE.

update for users with problems on hyrbid graphics in win7 x64:

Nautis has found a couple of problems with the settings so,

I shall wait to see if he finds anymore and re-upload a new build tommorrow.

For now keep your feedbacks comming so we can do more fixes :)

update for users with problems on hyrbid graphics in win7 x64:

Nautis has found a couple of problems with the settings so,

I shall wait to see if he finds anymore and re-upload a new build tommorrow.

For now keep your feedbacks comming so we can do more fixes :)

I'm having problems in Windows 7 x64, but I'm not using hybrid graphics....

Essentially I go through the process and nothing happens... :P

:)

HEY DOX!!! First of all I want to say, BIG FAT THANKS FOR YOUR WORK!!!!! :unsure: and :) BACK!!!

You are a GREAT MODDER!!! :P

One Question: How do you find your motivation again??? so fast!!!

Hey Man, i'm still on 182.05 (Quality) and i don't want to go away from it!!! I love the QUALITY settings!!!! :unsure:

According to what I have heard, you also like the Quality settings?!?!?! I think once you've said!!!!

Second Question: is there any chance that you make a Quality setting again???? For YOU and for US!!!!! :w00t: :)

PEACE OUT

1: not sure it just came back

2: I dunno yet. I have found other setting which greatly improves quality (not the same Quality setting of old) but fps drop was like 10 - 15 fps, but the games looked noticably better. I dont think it would go down too well though :./

As others have said, thanks for your work Dox :) . I thought I would chime in with my 2-cents worth. I've got a Toshiba p100-st9742 with 7900gtx. Have previously been stuck on 179.48 b/c they were the only ones that worked. Got 185.85 installed today on win7 rc. Seems to work ok, but scaling will not work at all. Either on 24" external monitor or on laptop screen. Not sure if you can do anything about that. Otherwise, this release seems slow with noticeable choppiness when viewing ATITool's 3d image (rotating, textured block) and it is slower than on win xp with official 179.48. But all aero stuff works. Overall, I think its gonna be a few more releases before my relatively older gpu is adequately supported in win7.

thanks for the fast reply!!!

10-15 fps its a lot!!! damn!!! but dont matter, it would be NICE!!! :)

well i think your 182.05 (Quality) is a masterpiece!!! :)

greetings from switzerland!!!!

dox once again you have out done yourself (knew you wouldn't hide for too long :) )

clean install (usual driver sweeper 2 beta ccleaner safe mode) installed on my w7 rc1 x64

improved fps and am still able to play retail blu-ray however i had to disable cyberlink brs.exe at startup

aswell as improved fps in games about 5ish or so (trackmania, wow, l4d and UT3) will continue to test and see if anything problematic arises

----

would like to note though that in order to get ntune to work had to uninstall that and reinstall (6.03) but im sure i should have realized this.

great job

Is it in my head or is anyone else getting lower temps with Dox's driver?

Thank you Dox!

Guest Guest

CUDA works ? as im using the cuda video encoders now and i would love to see it work again :)

and another question i still have ur 182.05 and like it very much cuz of the working TV-out on composite cable so would these drivers work the same ?

And one last thing ..Thx DOX for ur great drivers !! U rock ..