LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Defrag Programs

coolcop06

Hey guys, just had a couple of questions.

What is the best defrag program you guys recommend?

I'm currently using Diskeeper 2009 ProPremier and it works great, but i'm starting to wonder if there is better out there... i've heard of O&O and some others. What do you guys think?

Also, what is the best hard drive cleanup program you guys have used? I'm not using any atm...

And finally, if you have any other programs that speed up overall computer performance (memory cleaners, registry cleaners) please post it here!

Thanks guys in advance for your input!

I use IOBit Advanced system care pro, which comes with Defrag, anti-spyware, reg-defrag, system cleaner, the whole shebang.

It works very well for me and its quick. It'd be a good idea to try it out.

http://www.defraggler.com/

Don't have to defrag the whole drive, you can just defrag fragmented files. Very fast and user friendly. Comes from the same company as CCleaner.

The latest Diskeeper is pretty good, clearly better than the predecessors - decent job pretty quickly. O&O is thorough but slow. I mostly use Diskeeper and every now and then O&O to consolidate free space.

well i use Auslogics Boostspeed wich has everything built in :)

haha wow everyone has varying opinions, which is good.

anyone have any specific disk cleanup tools to use. i just tried CCleaner it seems good. i know some people are using all in one software too.

and any other programs to increase performance you guys recommend?

Defrag progs - PerfectDisk or O&O are the best to buy. Defraggler is almost as good for free.

I think Diskeeper is the best out there:) I've got it running in the background and its very efficient. I use CCleaner for diskcleanups. I dont run any registry cleaners. AVG and Spybot for viruses and spyware.

I used to use O&O Defrag, but lately it has been pausing randomly (and not finishing the defrag)

So i switched to PerfectDisk, it is easier to use and has a very nice free space consolidation.

haha wow everyone has varying opinions, which is good.

anyone have any specific disk cleanup tools to use. i just tried CCleaner it seems good. i know some people are using all in one software too.

and any other programs to increase performance you guys recommend?

I use CCleaner and I find it to be quite good. I haven't tried the latest diskeeper yet though.