LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP DV5-1020ef and synaptics gestures

AhZ

Hi all,

i come before you today, looking for help...

I've been trying, for a couple of month now, to get the gestures feature to work on my laptop, with absolutly no luck, whats so ever...

What i can't understand is, reading around this forum and others, it seems that lots of users found no problems getting the gestures feature working even on fairly old laptops, but for some reasons i can't get it to work on my laptop. I bought it a couple of months ago and it came with a centrino 2 system ( P7350 @ 2Ghz, 3 Go of DDR2, Geforce 9600M GT w 512Mo) running on windows 7 x86 Ultimate, and the synaptics touchpad comes with the 6.5 Firmware and i've tried installing every drivers i could get my hands on, up to the latest 12.2.11.0... nothing has worked :) :P

my questions are :

- Do i need to upgrade or downgrade my touchpad firmware ?

- If yes, how i do that ?

- Have anyone ever been able to get the gestures working on a system similar to mine ??

thanks in advance for any help :)

AhZ

Edited by AhZ

• 4 weeks later...

I ve been able to get Chiral and momentum working with the "Synaptics v10.2.4 modded for Acer Gemstone series"

by Discrucio Anima, thx to him/her. Still can get the multitouch working, tho, but it's a start :)

• 1 year later...

I ve been able to get Chiral and momentum working with the "Synaptics v10.2.4 modded for Acer Gemstone series"

by Discrucio Anima, thx to him/her. Still can get the multitouch working, tho, but it's a start :)

New official driver's update on HP web page support two-finger gestures, Tested on HP dv5 w firmware 6.5