LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DualView on Acer Aspire 1700

Hi,

Dual View doesn't work when I use the standard Acer drivers. I downloaded the tweaked driver from Pieters side but when I configure DualView it works fine until I login or reboot then the spanning over multiple monitors is switched off.

I have also tried to install the inf file for Acer, but that does not support my GeForce 4 FX GO5600 .

Does anyone now how to solve this problem .

Regards

Henny

sounds like disabled nvdriver service. can you check if it is enabled under administrative tools (automatically on startup)

Do you switch users (XP fast user switching) ?

So, your user profile is send/saved through network connection to the domain controller each time you log off/restart and is loaded again from the domain controller when you login to the domain.

I wonder if something goes wrong during this process which results in loosing your display settings. HM?

DONTKNOW :!: I really can't help.

Try to change your resolution to i.e. 800x600 log off/restart and login again and see if your original resolution is applied. If so then we know that your display are not saved and the problem is narrowed.

???

Note that Windows 2000 / WinXP does not save any of the user settings for users belonging to the "Guests" user group.If you want your

settings to be saved, make sure your user account does not belong to

the "Guests" group using the User Manager program (you must be

Administrator to change user settings).