LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dolby Control v2.2.1

mobilenvidia

Found this over at Toshiba might be of interest to those that are into it.

Dolby Control v2.2.1 for both x32 and x64

To use this make sure you have your OEM HD Audio drivers installed.

This will not work with MS HDA drivers

Nothing much to report on my i9400 as it doesn't really support Dolby but will be good to see screen shots of different setups

Below is what is should look like once installed and working

Description

This software component is considered beta for Windows 7 RC and later. This Beta software is provided on an "as-is" basis. Use at your own risk.

post-43-1243481569_thumb.jpg

Unable to get it to work with Win7 on my desktop, gunna try XP

The above screenshot is from Win7 x64 :)

YOU HAVE to have your HD Audio drivers installed from what ever sound codec you have in your machine, ie IDT/Sigmatel or Realtek etc etc

The app does NOT work with MS/Windows HD audio drivers !!

i installed the latest realtek when i installed Win7, i think the problem may be the installer, it extracts the files to the temp location but when it runs the tinstall it just moves my cursor and gives me the little waiting cursor and goes away

You can extract the 2 files that are in the installer.

it will make 2 installers one for x32 and one for x64

Try running these.

You can use 7zip etc to do so.

still no dice, oh well

Why do these things only work for me ?

Need others feedback to see if there is hope

Installed without issue but error thrown when launching the app. Sigmatel IDT Driver vv6.10.0.5614 (dell driver).

Same as MrZero, got an "internal error", this is on a Dell M1710.

I get the internal error when I have the MS/Windows HD Audio driver installed.

Once I installed 6187 (modded) it worked fine as in piccy

You may need a newer driver for the Dolby to work.

Dolby is alreadyin the newer IDT drivers but not much to tweak

Ah right, well the modded driver which was up previously kept giving me a code 30 something, where windows couldnt find the drivers to start? Which is funny as originally it worked using the i9400 inf you made, except the volume control icon always had a line through it like the serivce was stopped, when it wasnt... So used the M1710 inf as stated, and since then it has never worked, using either the i9400 or the m1710 one.

Which version INI worked ?

Is it still up ?

Erm, it was the latest one which you did. Just when I edited it it I got the code 30 odd, then unisntalled, did the i9400 one again (which kinda worked..) and still got the code 30. I might try redownloading it and trying it all out again, see if I dont get the dont 30something anymore. Especially as i loved the control panel, looked really good and useful.

EDIT: The i9400 one is working again, still no volume control icon though. The only reason I want this is to mute windows sounds! Plus i find it useful if i play a game with music in background, as I can lower music volume so its just a background noise... Any ideas?

EDIT2: modded the PINS and the speaker section, still without that icon, when I right click it, I can open volume mixer, but all it has is SPIDF OUT listed there...

Edited by aliveanddead86

working here but i already had toshiba 1.1 version working. qosmio x300

Works here now with the modded drivers, still the volume icon doesn't.. and I dont want to go back to dells useless drivers!

Actually, it is using the SPIDF out, instead of normal speakers.. but that is the modded driver problem!

Edited by aliveanddead86

works well for me, but i have the x305-706 and had it installed prior to this with an older version. using realtek hd audio driver r2.24

Erm, it was the latest one which you did. Just when I edited it it I got the code 30 odd, then unisntalled, did the i9400 one again (which kinda worked..) and still got the code 30. I might try redownloading it and trying it all out again, see if I dont get the dont 30something anymore. Especially as i loved the control panel, looked really good and useful.

EDIT: The i9400 one is working again, still no volume control icon though. The only reason I want this is to mute windows sounds! Plus i find it useful if i play a game with music in background, as I can lower music volume so its just a background noise... Any ideas?

EDIT2: modded the PINS and the speaker section, still without that icon, when I right click it, I can open volume mixer, but all it has is SPIDF OUT listed there...

I've shifted the IDT/M1710 issues to the IDT thread where it now belongs as when we fix that this will work without issue :)

ONCE I CONNECT HDMI DOLBY WILL STOP WORKING ..

WHEN DISCON DOLBY START WORKING WTF ??

Edited by Evoss-X

Dolby.jpg

It doesn't give me any additional options.

So what does this do exactly?

• 8 months later...

hate to dig up "old" threads but i've installed the modded driver in this forum and this tool, and I can't get the app booting at all, 2 errors and quits lol.. i'd really love to get this working :)

thx in adv